AT-AT Gunner Complete 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

After I built the 3-3/4" AT-AT Gunner I had a lot of people ask if I was going to do a 1/6 version and after a good friend Dorgs(Sideshow Freaks Forums) sent me two helmets to help me get this project started.

As always once I got the look I wanted from both the figure and base I painted and weathered thme both using Vallejo, Games Workshop paints and pastels.

And more pics can be seen at my site in the SW figure section.

RECIPE

Figure - The AT-AT Gunner has been made using a Hasbro Tie Fighter Helmet and a TOMY AT-AT Helmet. The armour and boots arr a combination of Hasbro's Snowtrooper and Sandtrooper. The hands are Sidewhows Sandtroooper's and the chest monitor is a combination of two Sideshow Endor troopers bandolier parts, the jumpsuit is from the Hasbro's AT-ST Pilot and the skirt is from the Hasbro Snowtrooper.

The tubing is some left over pieces I had in my bits box and the harness is made from clips from a Dragon modern Back pack and pouches. I used some string I had in my bits box as a life line and the wall connection is a hand from a battle droid.

Weapon - The weapon is a German MG-34 from Dragon I just added a scope from some 1/35th scale parts and some plasti-rod and the arm extension is parts from the Hasbro Battle droids and 1/35th scale parts.

Base - The base is a picture frame which I got from a $2 shop and the hull section of the AT-AT was built up using balsa wood cardboard. The interior equipment are bits and pieces from a WW2 German 1/6 radio equipment. I also used some old ink cartridges and electrical cable, the hand grip and the holders around the cable are cut pieces of wire. coat hanger

The exterior has been built up using plasti sheet for the panels and 1/35th scale pieces for the smaller panels. The vents at the top are from disposable razor covers, the bolts are those clip buttons you get on the 1/6 scale clothing and the guide tracks on the inside of the door are pieces of plasti-rod. The ladder is again cut pieces of wire coat hanger cut to size then bent to the correct size.

aat1.jpg

aat2.jpg

aat3.jpg

aat4.jpg

aat7.jpg

aat12.jpg

damn ron, i knew this was going to be good but not this good. wowzers, very visual and it really does give a glimpse into the life of an at-at gunner. bravo sir.

WOW...that is GREAT!!!!

I really like how this Project came out and that gun mount is pretty damn cool!!!

Thats just wonderous to behold :rock

Thanks for the breakdown for parts it helps us novices get a sense of what to use.

Simply amazing! One of the most creative SW customs I've seen in a long time. The design and presentation are flawless.

I would think this entry would win you some 1/6 contests.

Amazing detail! I love the use of found objects like the ink cartridges and blade covers. You have a great eye for detail and just the perfect amount of weathering.

Fantastic work ! Everything about this is outstanding , from the design and construction of the figure ( which would be superb in it's own right ), to the actual diorama itself . Great use of space and fantastic attention to detail . Top quality stuff . ( As usual ).:cool:

That is simply AWESOME. I'm sure the guys who made I.M.P.S. would be honored to know you have represented them in 1/6... someone should contact them and show them this!

Back