Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anything I will be happy if i get all the ring wraiths. A lot of possibility's this line could have....

:lol Yes, a 1/6 Fell Beast would certainly be impressive! Just a quick estimate from that video ... in addition to the Dewback or Jabba-sized body ... my guess is, it'd be at least 10 feet long from nose to tail, and probably have a 15 or 16 foot wingspan! :horror

Though a statue could definitely be done where the neck and tail are more coiled and the wings are folded up. Even then, though ... HUGE. :horror

Somewhere I've got the one ToyBiz did for the 6-inch figure. A nice gesture, but it was like the Ringwraith was riding a chicken! Easily too small by a factor of ten!

This looks good. I'm worried about the face sculpts for future releases, if those are not good, this line will be dead. Any other figures they have put out in the past? Hot toys and sideshow have been pretty reliable with sculpts and quality, it's hard to tell from a brand I've never heard of.

This looks good. I'm worried about the face sculpts for future releases, if those are not good, this line will be dead. Any other figures they have put out in the past? Hot toys and sideshow have been pretty reliable with sculpts and quality, it's hard to tell from a brand I've never heard of.

That's what I have been thinking, but, then again, sideshow 1/6 LOTR figures were lame, my opinion.

I'm worried about the face sculpts for future releases, if those are not good, this line will be dead. Any other figures they have put out in the past?

Asmus' head sculpts are not good.

IMG_3987copy-700x700_zps8df09b24.jpg

Musashi04.jpg

35051d1348514525-review-asmus-toys-devil-may-cry-12-nero-head.jpg

However, they are associated with a sculptor who goes by the name VIVA who has done some good work.

53957194.jpg

1147.jpg

Aye i will be curious to see what the likeness will be like on their LOTR figs.

They have such great potential, but the face sculpts will make or break this line. That night guard is a new release and misses the mark on many levels from them. I still hold out high hopes they will bring in the talent to get the sculpts right for this license.

They have such great potential, but the face sculpts will make or break this line. That night guard is a new release and misses the mark on many levels from them. I still hold out high hopes they will bring in the talent to get the sculpts right for this license.

Yeah that is my main concern with these guys. I wish all the best for them and want them to succeed, but I'm worried about their headsculpt/paint methods. They're nowhere near HT or even smaller companies like ACI, Art Figures, Blitzway, EB, etc. I hope they can prove me wrong.

:lol Yes, a 1/6 Fell Beast would certainly be impressive! Just a quick estimate from that video ... in addition to the Dewback or Jabba-sized body ... my guess is, it'd be at least 10 feet long from nose to tail, and probably have a 15 or 16 foot wingspan! :horror

Though a statue could definitely be done where the neck and tail are more coiled and the wings are folded up. Even then, though ... HUGE. :horror

Somewhere I've got the one ToyBiz did for the 6-inch figure. A nice gesture, but it was like the Ringwraith was riding a chicken! Easily too small by a factor of ten!

I put the small Armies of Middle Earth Ringwraith on my ToyBiz fell beast. He's the perfect scale.

The Night Guard I'm betting they didn't have the rights to, that's why it's called that.

The company made the head and face nice but the body or hand is terrible , the one I received from the mask it really bad.

I'll get this one and if it stinks, I won't get anymore. It's not like I'll miss something because I never figured we'd get anymore anyway.

Back