Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if this will be considered a "Luxury" release because of the base. And if they'll do a version without it. I can't imagine it would qualify for the a Crown line.

Looks stunning! @Asmus
I've been wanting this one for a looooooooooong time, so thank you - you have made this fan extremely happy!
Thanks for posting that video, its great to see it up close.

When, as a rough estimate, do you think he will be up for pre-order?
I note the video says "Crown series" will there be more of Thranduil made than there were of the Crown GTW + Shadowfax? I'm getting PTSD from how quickly that pre-order disappeared

Also - will there be a version with the full throne?
I'm gonna buy Thranduil either way, but I just want to know how much space/money I need to set aside.

Looks unbelievably good. Another amazing figure coming Q4. :google At least this time there are several other figs I’d be happy to cancel to have this instead!

Big upgrade from the original release.

Initially I was going to pass but seeing this has me reconsidering.
I dunno I quite like the original release, and thought ASMUS was really clever in the way they developed the armor, plus the nice base, plus the twin metal katanas....

But if someone had asked me I would have said I need Thranduil in armor, and Thranduil in this outfit with his berry crown.

I can only thank ASMUS for hearing the fans and going for this figure WITH his lush robes and crown and a nice compromise having the stairs (tho I would have paid for a throne!)
I know the movie set - and WETA's *unaffordable piece* had the paint that was supposed to be insets of amber (in the stairs) which is used through Thranduil's palace and in his staff.

ASMUS has never stinted in costume materials so am really looking forward to this. :love :love :love :blissy The expression looks just like when Thorin had really gotten on Thranduil's nerves lol. They should do a second sculpt with the scars.:monkey3

Anyway thank you ASMUS it's been a while since I got excited about an upcoming release omg too many Batmans from other companies.

Looks unbelievably good. Another amazing figure coming Q4. :google At least this time there are several other figs I’d be happy to cancel to have this instead!
I've just ratcheted back on collecting quite a bit. Part of that I suppose is literally not having any media released I've been that excited about lately, and partly the expense and/or feeling like I own quite a lot/enough....

But ASMUS has managed to impress!

I was able to take a quick vedio on my phone before it is shipped.

Marvelous upgrade from v1.

Unlike v1, likeness is really there plus body proportions are ok this time, even if neck is a tad too long and head a tad too big. Body switch would be advisable before proceeding to production, Mr Asmus.

Gorgeous hair and clothing. Instant classic. I see this going for USD1000 in no time after depletion.

I dunno I quite like the original release, and thought ASMUS was really clever in the way they developed the armor, plus the nice base, plus the twin metal katanas....

But if someone had asked me I would have said I need Thranduil in armor, and Thranduil in this outfit with his berry crown.

I can only thank ASMUS for hearing the fans and going for this figure WITH his lush robes and crown and a nice compromise having the stairs (tho I would have paid for a throne!)
I know the movie set - and WETA's *unaffordable piece* had the paint that was supposed to be insets of amber (in the stairs) which is used through Thranduil's palace and in his staff.

ASMUS has never stinted in costume materials so am really looking forward to this. :love :love :love :blissy The expression looks just like when Thorin had really gotten on Thranduil's nerves lol. They should do a second sculpt with the scars.:monkey3

Anyway thank you ASMUS it's been a while since I got excited about an upcoming release omg too many Batmans from other companies.
Id say, if you found the Weta Throne statue unaffordable, Asmus wouldn’t be able to make one that much cheaper.
Especially since they appear dead set on all diorama pieces being cast in heavy polystone. Shipping alone would be like $300.
Marvelous upgrade from v1.

Body switch would be advisable before proceeding to production, Mr Asmus.
Indeed. Lee Pace is 6’5” after all. Figure needs to stand an inch taller than Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas who are all 5’11”
Hopefully Asmus factor this in.

361249643_2534948603347782_8884929985979093697_n.jpg

Id say, if you found the Weta Throne statue unaffordable, Asmus wouldn’t be able to make one that much cheaper.
Especially since they appear dead set on all diorama pieces being cast in heavy polystone. Shipping alone would be like $300.

Indeed. Lee Pace is 6’5” after all. Figure needs to stand an inch taller than Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas who are all 5’11”
Hopefully Asmus factor this in.

True enough. I keep forgetting how much shipping has gone up. Like I can't get excited about Sideshow's coupons any more, as they generally just cover shipping.

Well, I thought they might do the throne in partial plastic...but it's not a deal breaker. Hopefully 3D printing technology will keep advancing so eventually those really determined can create their own set pieces. I suppose I could do that now with some work - who know maybe someone will create a "garage kit" version one day.

Back