Asmus Toys Skully/Guritz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys Skully

It's the eyes. They really look great.

I'm not very excited about that red undersuit... but everything else looks excellent! I'm certain Skully and Gothmog will get the RIT dye treatment to tone that "Santa red" into a more burnt orange/rust color.

Hi,
thx to all the comments, we will definitely look into improve the collar !

We were so worried about the weathering will turn out to be excessive,
so we minimum the weathering on Gothmog,
but... I do think we will give Skully a try,

Orc suppose to be all filthy and dirty.

Hi,

Your doing a great job so far with these.. you should be very proud of your efforts!

Hi,

Again with the listening to comments! You guys are truly a pleasure to buy from. I cannot wait until I get more of you're figures!!

Man with the reveals of EB Robocop, SS Keaton Bats PF and the release of HT WM MK2 I totally missed this.

All I have to say is WOW! this is incredible! loving it and the headsculpt looks fantastic! keep it up Asmus!

Yes, the only problem I see is the collar. It does appear screen accurate, but doesn't scale down very well. It needs to be gathered in closer to the neck.

Agreed, it's just too poofy. Probably something a little futzing can fix. I have to imagine it's pretty difficult to do something like this in such a small scale with material. In different scenes the material is closer to the neck and not so fanned out while others it's more fanned out.

500px-Guritz_in_ROTK.png

2897387893_small_1.jpg

Has this PO'd yet? I'm still on the fence with Gothmog but Skully here looks really awesome.... Part of me wants to just avoid support characters all together though and just stick with the main heroes and villains.

Hi,

It's tough to balance the weathering. It's an easy fix for some though.... I know I plan to take a good acrylic wash to the clothing under the armor.

Just got the notice from BBTS for preorder on this one! A no hesitation decision, I cannot wait!! :yess:

He is listed for $129.99 there, which is very reasonable considering the current Hot Toys offerings are double that.

Ordered immediately! wow great price and a dream figure for me that I really thought we would never see!

Sweet! At $129.99 that's awesome in today's market. I PO two just in case the extra Orc head from Gandalf will fit on Skully's body. I will need to do some double checking before it actually arrives though.

I really hope the Uruks are around the same price too but this does make me curious about the quality.

PREORDERED!

Good price for this character. Smart move to lower it by $40. Encourages a buy.

Yup. At Gothmog's price there is no way I would have considered ordering two and I might have even passed on ordering even one but at $130 I just can't pass up Lord of the Rings.

Back