Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think is already cancel the pipe, at least lot of people complaint....maybe asmus will add on in second batch...

I dont really understand how they can make a Gandalf figure, show the pipe in the proto images and then not include it. Its an iconic part of his character imo.

You?re going to miss out on this awesome figure because it?s missing the pipe? Really?

Well, yeah, as I said previously its an iconic part of his character to me, and I would want him displayed with it.

I wouldnt buy a Darth Maul if it didnt come with his iconic double bladed lightsaber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree,..this is match with sideshow gandalf plastic hat...batter a lot right?XD

5dc81f3494a9cb194f3fe094bbb3261e.jpg

That hat is muuuuuch better.

Is the pipe really not included? It's in the product description...

Wait is the pipe really not included? What? Why wouldn't it be included? They literally reopened preorder with the pipe listed on their website. I wouldn't have preordered so fast just now if these things are gonna be taken out on release.

The hat is underscaled as well. That plastic Sideshow hat looks way better. Kind of feeling disappointed. The hat looked fine in the prototype pictures..

"Special features in weapons:
Glamdring (with elvish printing)

Two wizard staff

One Gandalf's pipe"

GGC001b.jpg

Last edited:
let's hope asmus will change the mind, give the pipe with promise and bigger hat in second batch....sorry to first batch owner:panic:

Ordered.
Pipe or no pipe.
Small hat or big...

I'll make it work.
The first inhand pics a couple pages back are utter fail on the owner-just lazy.
Cannot wait to get GtG inhand to proper futz and take pics of.
I feel the dio base will also be perfect for Frodo and Bilbo.
Speaking of...hope we get a old man Bilbo this yr.

Huge kudos to Asmus.
Since I got into 12inch in 2008 with SSC Star wars,then Hot toys Marvel,then Hot toys Star wars...Asmus have created some game changing figures of late with this and Galadrial.
Great day for collecting .

I swear I saw a response from Andy somewhere on a Facebook post, he mentioned the pipe and licensing? Is there maybe an issue with selling what is effectively a weed pipe to the Chinese market? Would that be a reason?! I also recall seeing them say it would be included! I?m looking everywhere for the post... watch this space!

This is the head buyer actual received, need lot of futz and adjust, twist the beard,water treatment etc....and the dress also...need lot of adjustment to make it look perfect..by the ways..after adjusted..it still a nice figure....just with a bit of disappointed without pipe and small hat...

76a65bf74908a32051364d42dff4bd1c.jpg
bff6783d4be7c051cd55bf30d854adad.jpg
824926724e19050ed7f4b36ec21be732.jpg

You?re going to miss out on this awesome figure because it?s missing the pipe? Really?

It's not something that should just be ignored if it is in fact missing. It was in the pics and description and it is a trademark of the character. I would like clarification.

:yess: Received my invoice from Asmus this morning! Paid it and figure will now ship. This treasure is on it’s way to my shelf.

:clap :blissy :banana

:gandalf

So I emailed Asmus last night after I didn?t receive my confirmation email. They just responded letting me know I was all good and I got the confirmation email. PHEW! Now I can finally get excited

Same here, they manually sent me the order confirmation, so all is good. :) I'm guessing I won't have this in hand until ~July, but hopefully I'll have my display built until then so I can display him in all his glory.

Agree,..this is match with sideshow gandalf plastic hat...batter a lot right?XD

5dc81f3494a9cb194f3fe094bbb3261e.jpg

Wow that does look a lot better. Perhaps it's time for a custom run of sculpted hats? :lol

I hope the issue with the pipe gets resolved and everybody will receive one eventually.
If not, I guess there's a small remaining upside to still owning the V1, which did come with it.

Same here, they manually sent me the order confirmation, so all is good. :) I'm guessing I won't have this in hand until ~July, but hopefully I'll have my display built until then so I can display him in all his glory.

Wow that does look a lot better. Perhaps it's time for a custom run of sculpted hats? :lol

I hope the issue with the pipe gets resolved and everybody will receive one eventually.
If not, I guess there's a small remaining upside to still owning the V1, which did come with it.

Ha...just go find the old ss gandalf...come with this big hat and pipe XD~

Pipe and hat issues are a bit disappointing.
Tailoring is ok.
But the headsculpt is amazing.

So overall worth the price. Cancelled from BBTS and ordered from Asmus store this morning.

Good news guys, due to lot of complaint...asmus promise will add on pipe later, i believe asmus will announce later on :clap:clap

Wow, this is an active (sometimes feisty) thread on a somewhat sleepy board these days!

I'm generally a LOTR statue & prop collector & haven't purchased any of the other Asmus 1/6 scale LOTR figures before, but this looks like the ultimate, most-realistic representation of Gandalf I've ever seen. Rooted beard....amazing! Figured I had already missed the boat on this one as every and all normal retail channel preorders were long Sold Out or Waitlisted. But saw this evening the preorder at Asmus had miraculously opened up again and the temptation was just too great not to be a part of this. So I've officially joined the party on this one!

As with any & all offerings in our collecting sphere, we all know there are some nits to picks.

First nit: I hope to Illuvatar that this ships with the pipe prop (at least to the non-Chinese market) as this is how I plan to display him--right next to my Gandalf pipe. Call it a collecting quirk or even a fetish, but whether it's military figures or characters from other IPs, if a figure comes with ciggys, cigar, or a pipe--that's the pose I usually pick. And I find it confusing how there would be a "trademark" issue here (at least outside of the Chinese market) or an issue with "smoking" in general, either. The first figure release had it, one of the early Weta statues has him holding it, and the recent Iron Studios 1/10th statue has the pipe prominently featured. So, let's keep our fingers crossed here.

Second nit: That hat appears to be sadly lacking in those in-hand pictures, IMHO. Maybe some expert futzing (or tin foil) can mitigate it a bit, but man, it just seems slightly small in scale to the figure. But luckily as was shown earlier by another poster, it looks like the SS plastic hat might work as a decent substitute if needed.

Overall, those are small quibbles and this looks like an amazing figure and I'm excited to add old Stormcrow to my collection. Congrats to all who have ordered him as well. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Back