Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we will definitely going to sell the head,
or at least, to at this forum.

Right now, the target price is $100 USD, it may be a little costly, but it is really difficult to make,
as a matter of fact, this is like a custom made head if you look only at the hair department.

Cool, I?m totally fine with that price point! As long as you guys do end up offering it, I?m happy. I?ve been on board with you from the beginning and really appreciate all you do...I?m really just responding to those posters who are skeptical that the head will be sold on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those closeups of the production head make it clear that Asmus just became the new leader in 1/6 scale collectibles. Hot Toys has not released something at that level yet.

Gandalf is going to look so great on the shelf next to Galadriel or Frodo.

Well, this looks to be a benchmark figure for sure! Congrats to Asmus for persisting with this release and thanks for sharing the process with us collectors. Seems like most of us are excited by the results and are happy to wait for the release.
I?m not diving deep on the LOTR series (yet), happy to have Gandalf flanked by Frodo and Sam, with the possibility of Gollum joining them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, this looks to be a benchmark figure for sure! Congrats to Asmus for persisting with this release and thanks for sharing the process with us collectors. Seems like most of us are excited by the results and are happy to wait for the release.
I?m not diving deep on the LOTR series (yet), happy to have Gandalf flanked by Frodo and Sam, with the possibility of Gollum joining them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm probably GtG,Galadriel, Elrond,Theodon and the Elven Warriors...for now.

Wow. I?m going to be like a kid on Christmas morning opening this guy when he arrives! He is perfect [emoji108].
I only have one thought, not so much an issue. I am more than likely going to display Bilbo with the Hobbiton Gate diorama and put Gandalf at the head of my Fellowship line. I know it may seem petty, but I?ll probably want to hide the Gandalf plaque on the base in that case. It?s not THAT much of a big deal though. Hoping it?s easy enough to conceal with the right angle!

40bf12ba3be0525009cb0de5faa9a852.jpg

f4ff537fc9d94f86bd1221e755379918.jpg

Yeah the hair work on this figure seems like a game changer. This is a new benchmark that other companies will have to live up to. Bravo Asmus, a truly stunning piece.
My hope now is that we see the entire Fellowship created for the Crown line.

Wow, he looks AMAZING! Glad to see the rope belt has been upgraded too. Cannot wait to add him to the display and I will definitely be picking up an extra head when available.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Right now, the target price is $100 USD, it may be a little costly, but it is really difficult to make,
as a matter of fact, this is like a custom made head if you look only at the hair department.

Thank you for confirming and giving the price. It is an amazing product and totally worth these money!

How many wizard staffs does this figure come with ?

Gandalf the grey had three staffs in the movies.
The hobbit, radagasts staff from end of hobbit to beginning of fellowship and then his Moria staff.

How many wizard staffs does this figure come with ?

Gandalf the grey had three staffs in the movies.
The hobbit, radagasts staff from end of hobbit to beginning of fellowship and then his Moria staff.

You can see in in the picture and there is a clear description of two staffs:
Special features in weapons:
? Glamdring (with elvish printing)

? Two wizard staff

? One Gandalf’s pipe
GTGFamily001.jpg

Thanks to Asmus for the FB video! The figure is truly stunning. I’m excited as can be. I now await announcement of preorder for Gandalf The White and Gollum!

Love Bilbo’s sign, lol. Looks like I might have to get me a 1/6 diorama door to Bag End!

That is great to hear! And I'm actually surprised by the price being this low.

I'm kicking myself that I didn't pre-order this, but a combination of factors kept me from it at the time (having the first release already but it being stuck in WIP customizing limbo for years, me being in the process of buying a house when this was announced, plain stupidity).
The production head turned out even better than I hoped for, so being able to get this head separately will be amazing. I do fear that even if it's only offered on this forum, it will be a first come first serve, and it will be gone in minutes/hours. I don't want to miss out on this, but I can't find any retailer anymore that even allows pre-orders (and all EU shops I found had a 50-100% mark-up in the first place, which was another deterrent), so I'll have to wait and see for now.

Quoted for awesomeness

Thanks to Asmus for the FB video! The figure is truly stunning. I’m excited as can be. I now await announcement of preorder for Gandalf The White and Gollum!

Yeah this is an excellent figure !! Congratulations to Asmus ! Not a bad word to be seen anywhere. This is the way you do it !!!

Love the quote from the film regarding arrival time :lol Definitely worth it for the figure we get !!

That?s fantastic! I am still getting the Crown but with being able to get the head separately I will also be able to upgrade my current Asmus Gandalf.

Back