Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pictures I have just uploaded to my Instagram.

He is all stock. I just did a couple of little tweaks to get him where I wanted. I think you've gotta have some of the blue under shirt showing through the green tunic.!! So I kinda trapped the green tunic with the belt at the back to separate it at the front.

I also undid those loops either side of his ribs and tucked them under the belt, I like the idea behind it but they just looked out of scale and wouldn't sit right.

I removed the wire from the cloak as I felt it added unnecessary bulk to the already packed in neck area and I loosened the quiver strap which goes over his left shoulder, now there is more room on the back of the figure for the quiver to move more freely around and it also helps by giving you a bit more room where his hair/hood/quiver is. Not only that, but it places the brooch on his chest in a more accurate position.

I also swapped the knife tabbards round. As they were inaccurate as many have pointed out.

Also, the stitching coming loose on the cloak at the brooch area is kind of a blessing in disguise (after my OCD hating that it happened) as I can now place the brooch pointing sideways rather than down which is also accurate.

Just a couple of little things I think help this figure out of the box! It really is awesome. I can't wait for the slim aragorn. :rock

With the upper chest strap being repainted a lighter shade of brown and a hair repaint this thing will be pretty unbeatable in my eyes, save for the awesome hair work like Raymond f. Did :rock

6b141d81c8ee5e334f195afd4cae85b8.jpg
a16a9a66274273f042122c3c7da7644c.jpg
79d30ae4419fb7fca3c84f487e87e2c2.jpg

This was my post when I first got him dioramamaker, I know what you mean exactly bud, loosening the straps (undoing the glue and just letting them hang) really helps.

Thanks for the commentary guys, especially for linking that guide for your work, Platty. I'll need to touch up the paint on the straps where they peeled apart, and I'm toying with how to sneak some elastic in to extend it nonchalantly and increase mobility. Maybe this weekend I'll take a peek.

Better late than never, I guess. I can create space in my home office for six LotR figures, which I hope will be Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli.

From YT video reviews I've seen, it looks to me like there is an improvement for The Hobbit version of Gandalf versus the LotR one. Is the same the case for The Hobbit Legolas and the LotR version of him?

Better late than never, I guess. I can create space in my home office for six LotR figures, which I hope will be Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli.

From YT video reviews I've seen, it looks to me like there is an improvement for The Hobbit version of Gandalf versus the LotR one. Is the same the case for The Hobbit Legolas and the LotR version of him?

The only LOTR specific version of Gandalf is Gandalf the White. The Hobbit version of Gandalf the Grey comes with the Moria stand and The Fellowship era staff but the sculpt is definitely The Hobbit era Ian McKellen, hence why they are doing a new version of the head sculpt with rooted beard. As for Legolas, there is only one Asmus version so far which is the LOTR version but the sculpt looks more like The Hobbit era Orlando Bloom than his younger self.

At first I thought the hair was half and half like Arwen, but it's all rooted. Really looks amazing. I'd definitely get a Crown version with a different outfit and/or extra accessories plus an extra head sculpt to upgrade my current fig.

Wow! Incredible job on Legolas. Whoever did the hair did a fantastic job.

It makes me want to consider having them do Arwen with a full head of hair instead of mixed! Although, i do think Arwen looks fantastic as is.

-----

The hair on legolas is amazing! Would you mind sharing who did the hair?

Back