Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine too.

I believe they're being shipped in order of payment, not ordering. They should all be this week.

I paid over two weeks ago. Immediately after receiving the Paypal invoice.

Perhaps working alphabetically, from Z to A, skipping every third letter?... :monkey1

still no shipping notes... it's frustrating that who have ordered directly from asmus receive their package AFTER people who bought from 3rd party retailers...

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

still no shipping notes... it's frustrating that who have ordered directly from asmus receive their package AFTER people who bought from 3rd party retailers...

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

There's a UK shop who already have theirs in stock.

Ordered him off that link posted and got him in a week in ny,

Their best human LOTR figure yet. They deserve credit.

Fantastic likeness miles above the proto. The head is not distorted and squished aka due Asmus signature. So it looks huge compared to the rest only because it finally looks right. Hair seam is just awful I'm going to try to disguise with sculpy. They also tout about their "elastic hair" on the instruction sheet which is rather laughable . It's barely flexible and when you turn his head it awkwardly sticks out. It's kind of crude loookg and too thick I may try and sand it from under a little.they mentioned hot toys Thor "as good or better " which looks way way more realistic than this. So nice try.

Thank god they didn't try to root the hair it would have been a mess but I'm trying to reconsile the only guy with sculpted hair in my LOTR set. If I can pull off a tiny braid I'll give him real hair. I think I'll be able to. I've never not. been able to figure anything out when it comes to this hobby and pull it off as decent as you see out there (except the the mixed material stuff and metal stuff Robbie the painter does, very unique special skills)

For now I will repaint it blonde and less awkwardly banana yellow.

Good tailoring and clothes looks great on the tight , sturdy body which is as we all know a bad design. If it works here no swap needed.

Flimsy accessories? No they work. His swords are plastic but that's To he expected with the design on them.

The little troll head is kinda neat but also kinda dumb considering its a floating head. Came in a box half the size of my apartment with the messiest styrofoam way too tight inlay that destroyed my floor. Seeing as it's small and not even poly I don't understand this excess.

You can't swap his hands the holes are too small I had to cut them bigger

Paint is pretty minimal. But thank god for that, their paint sucks...it looks almost plain but I'd rather touch it up myself.

Lastly the weathering or lack thereof. He's super clean not accurate to the troll scene but very elvan and pristine which I really like so I'm leaving.

Ordered him off that link posted and got him in a week in ny,

Their best human LOTR figure yet. They deserve credit.

Fantastic likeness miles above the proto. The head is not distorted and squished aka due Asmus signature. So it looks huge compared to the rest only because it finally looks right. Hair seam is just awful I'm going to try to disguise with sculpy. They also tout about their "elastic hair" on the instruction sheet which is rather laughable . It's barely flexible and when you turn his head it awkwardly sticks out. It's kind of crude loookg and too thick I may try and sand it from under a little.they mentioned hot toys Thor "as good or better " which looks way way more realistic than this. So nice try.

Thank god they didn't try to root the hair it would have been a mess but I'm trying to reconsile the only guy with sculpted hair in my LOTR set. If I can pull off a tiny braid I'll give him real hair. I think I'll be able to. I've never not. been able to figure anything out when it comes to this hobby and pull it off as decent as you see out there (except the the mixed material stuff and metal stuff Robbie the painter does, very unique special skills)

For now I will repaint it blonde and less awkwardly banana yellow.

Good tailoring and clothes looks great on the tight , sturdy body which is as we all know a bad design. If it works here no swap needed.

Flimsy accessories? No they work. His swords are plastic but that's To he expected with the design on them.

The little troll head is kinda neat but also kinda dumb considering its a floating head. Came in a box half the size of my apartment with the messiest styrofoam way too tight inlay that destroyed my floor. Seeing as it's small and not even poly I don't understand this excess.

You can't swap his hands the holes are too small I had to cut them bigger

Paint is pretty minimal. But thank god for that, their paint sucks...it looks almost plain but I'd rather touch it up myself.

Lastly the weathering or lack thereof. He's super clean not accurate to the troll scene but very elvan and pristine which I really like so I'm leaving.

Thanks for this! The Kaustic Plastik bodies used in this line have been hit or miss but I have generally been noticing improvement since the the beginning. The one thing that I can't stand about all the KP bodies used in this line is the single jointed knees! Egads I have swapped a couple of the major characters out because of that alone, there is no reason for a fully clothed figure to not have double knees as it's not going to affect it aesthetically one bit.
I am very happy to hear that this figure sounds like some Asmus' finer work. You have given me a good deal of relief by posting this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to hear!

I'm as highly critical of Asmus as it gets and this guy gets a solid pass from me so I'm sure you will be pleased. A slight recoloring of the hair which almost anyone can do and he would already be on another level also.

One thing you enjoyed which actually is a little annoying is the knees. On his troll head pose it's enough articulation for what you need but it looks less natural bent than a double jointed knee

Thanks for the review! It's good to hear that it seems to be one of their better ones. Hopefully they keep improving and since my futzing and customizing skills pale in comparison to yours I am hoping the hair color and seam don't bother me as much as it is bothering some people.

Wow mine has already arrived in Canada is just being processed now. I think I will have him by tomorrow or Tuesday the latest!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Only concerned that Asmus continually seems to screw over people who order from them directly by sending it to third party dealers first! Super lame.

Thy did that with the hateful 8 guys too.

Back