Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I should do a poll. :lol

Anyway, this looks nice. I hope someone jacks up the staff with a really bright LED inside. That thing should glow.

Last edited:
This guy is brilliant and definitely will be getting him. Let's hope that horse Asmus showed they were working on is Shadowfax!

But I'm at a loss as to why people wish this was Gandalf the Grey. I know that there's an unreasonable bias against Sideshow, but their Gandalf was one of the best figures they've ever done - easily as good as Hot Toys. And it's not that hard to find or that expensive.

I don't recall the company but someone posted a link on FB. Gandalf will be same price as the Witch King and Gothmog. Asmust spokesman also more or less confirmed a Lurtz figure.

Yeah, I think I mentioned the Lurtz confirmation either a few pages back or in another thread.

Really looking forward to Mouth of Sauron.

This turned out great, really nice looking figure. It should make for a nice companion piece to Gandalf the Grey.

I prefer Gandalf the Grey, but Sideshow knocked that out of the park. He was/is great. It makes perfect sense to get Gandalf the white out there. I like that Amus seems to be filling the void that Sideshow left hanging with Orcs, Villains and new Heroes. This Gandalf can actually face off against the likes of the Witchking now.

For the look, accessories (love the decapitated Orc head) and price, there should be no complaints. This guy is solid.

This guy is brilliant and definitely will be getting him. Let's hope that horse Asmus showed they were working on is Shadowfax!

But I'm at a loss as to why people wish this was Gandalf the Grey. I know that there's an unreasonable bias against Sideshow, but their Gandalf was one of the best figures they've ever done - easily as good as Hot Toys. And it's not that hard to find or that expensive.

I agree. I'm glad they made The White.

Where is everyone getting him? I got an email from BBTS. $170

I wasn't sure how Asmus' human likenesses would be, but this is a dead ringer for McKellen, IMO. Really nicely done and a great price.

Man this thing looks incredible!!! Absolutely love it! Really hope Viggo is next. Want to see how his head sculpt comes out

does the staff light up? in the picture it does but it is not mentioned in the product description.

Nope, that's just not true. (the body sucked, and the paint apps while good were still not HT quality, even early HT.) Still a great fig don't get me wrong.

Anyways i like what i'm seeing so far.

Man, these cannot come fast enough! SS's arrested development of this line just makes these reveals all that much more tenuous! They look great.
Ordered.

Back