Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, not a great pic. Needs a stack of trimming of loose ends and major futzing. Dodgy lighting doesn't present the sculpt well and, as superdoug says, paint on hands and head appear to be a mismatch. At this stage it's all moot, but still... quality pics = warm and fuzzy PO feeling.

1613955_708922525809252_253868551_n.jpg
Where did you get the pics from? They aren't even up on FB?

I don't care if it was screen accurate or not, I liked the stitching much more when it was darker. You can't even see it now.

Thing is stuff like that needs to be screen accurate. I understand if you're a passing fan of the material but if you're into Middle-earth a lot those little things mean something. I'm glad they listened to the comments from all of us that said something.

As far as the picture I can't judge too much as it's not been all set up as it normally would be. The only comment I would make is I think his cape needs to be a little different material than his robes. It probably will be I production just something I noticed here.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the stitching isn't even on the vest in that pic. To me, this looks like some sort of mock up. Maybe they're testing out new fabric?

Actually, I'm pretty sure the stitching isn't even on the vest in that pic. To me, this looks like some sort of mock up. Maybe they're testing out new fabric?

The staff dosen't look like the pree images either. I think you are right that this is a mock up. I might be a combination of testing out how the clothing fits on the figure and testing out the molds. Who knows unless Asmus says something about it but I am not going to start worrying yet.

The staff dosen't look like the pree images either. I think you are right that this is a mock up. I might be a combination of testing out how the clothing fits on the figure and testing out the molds. Who knows unless Asmus says something about it but I am not going to start worrying yet.

It actually kind of looks just like the DiD Gandalf the White outfit.

Who is BLNadal and why does he get such bad mock-ups?

You're confusing us all. Come out from behind the curtain, I demand it.

:D
I wonder the same thing. If you Google search Asmus Toys and the names of any of these characters, none of these images come up. They are not on Asmus website or on their FB page. Things that make you go hmmm.

Well I thought it was DiD initially, but then I was chatting with someone who thought it was bbi who made them. But now I will correct my correction. It was DiD after all.... I haz headache now.

Back