Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more pics I see, the more the eyes look crooked.

I'll say the shirt doesn't look as bad, just needs weathering.

Sideshow did the right thing and cancelled my order without penalty. A$mu$ will never see any of my money ever again. We cannot support companies who think that it's O.K. to bamboozle their customers.

I didn't check the forum over the weekend and over 20 pages of posts missed lol, checked back on the last few and yeah not loving what I'm seeing. I still didn't get any invoice but will probably cancel if I do. I might just get the NECA figure and call it a day and save $300.

So is it right in thinking that Asmus just underpriced this for what it would have really cost them to make and instead of eating the cost they made all these "cutting corner decisions" to actually bring the manufacturing costs down to an acceptable profit margin for them and they might have just hoped collectors be OK with it?

Cause that's what's really starting to look like. How can a release be hit with so many...MANY QC issues if it wasn't intentional?

Just throwing that out there.
that is my theory too. they thought they were going to get away with it

Yeah I think they bit off WAY more than they can chew with all the different accessories, interactive features, and multiple sculpted heads that all needed to be made and painted up. They would have been better off just focusing on the main figure itself.

Most entertaining thread since Molecule 8 Lennon!
Unfortunately the joke is on me because unlike Lennon I actually preordered this atrocity…Asmus, Asmus, Asmus…if only I had slowed down, revisited my shelf of LOTR figures objectively, recognized how sub par most of them in fact are, reminded myself that I have never seen my Crown Gandalf wearing his iconic hat because it was a design fail; I could have avoided this whole mess.

Yeah, I'm done. Too much crap. Sent Asmus my cancellation notice. Asked for the deposit back too. Let see what happens.

Gunna have to pull out the duct tape when I get mine.
VngR.gif

Might be fun in a way to have such a trainwreck of a figure. :dunno Every time you looked at it on the shelf it might make you chuckle, on how it went so wrong.
Seriously though I'm surprised this got through Asmus QC. Assuming they have one?

Glad you're sticking it out Rzeznikk. Even though the recent pictures look better and I like modding my figures this whole thing with Asmus just bugs me to no end. I do have the SS version to hold me off.

Glad you're sticking it out Rzeznikk. Even though the recent pictures look better and I like modding my figures this whole thing with Asmus just bugs me to no end. I do have the SS version to hold me off.
I'm going to see what I can do with it. I see potential for customizers to make something of it. But man, I can't recommend this set for anyone that was just looking for stock figure to put on the shelf. It's just not there

I'm going to see what I can do with it. I see potential for customizers to make something of it. But man, I can't recommend this set for anyone that was just looking for stock figure to put on the shelf. It's just not there
I was kind of excited about working on him too. The more I thought about it the more it just did not sit well. There is a lot of potential here. The price is just too high and I'm talking about the Luxury version. The figure by itself it priced probably $20 too high. If they knock it down $100 I might consider the Luxury version.

Back