Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand people that aren't happy with the figure, personally I'm still happy I'm getting one, definitely going to do some customising tho
--

I am NOT criticizing/ridiculing you in anyway.

I simply want to know/understand your "perspective" on still rationalizing paying the price (i.e., $350.00 USD) for a figure that is supposed to be defect free, but is not and you knowing the various faults of the figure will spend effort, money, and time to further customize it.

--

I am NOT criticizing/ridiculing you in anyway.

I simply want to know/understand your "perspective" on still rationalizing paying the price (i.e., $350.00 USD) for a figure that is supposed to be defect free, but is not and you knowing the various faults of the figure will spend effort, money, and time to further customize it.
Well for me, I customize 99% of my **** anyway. Was planning to do it regardless if this came out 98% to the Proto. Just now there's extra work. I'd rather have an Ash with work to be done than none at all. I love the diorama base too so if I wanted the base the luxury was the only option.

I even modded my Prime 1 Jungle with blood on his leg and gloss "wet look" effect to his unmasked sculpts and body. If I'm willing to mod an almost $2k statue, a $350 figure set is nothing.

Last edited:
Any recommendations on an alternative body if I was to do a body swap with this?

I'm only getting back into 1/6 after a couple of years out, so I've got alot of catching up to do with what's out there.

Any recommendations on an alternative body if I was to do a body swap with this?

I'm only getting back into 1/6 after a couple of years out, so I've got alot of catching up to do with what's out there.
At the moment I have a HT Thor Dark World body on stand by with the seemless arms. But won't know 100% if it'll work till I have my Figure in hand.

So basically, people bought a figure that needs paint touch ups, clothing touch ups, hairing touch ups, and now a total body replacement……

So people literally paid for absolutely nothing that was advertised.

It boggles the mind that a company thinks this is ok.
It was a joke.

Otherwise if you aren't needing the seemless arms. JX makes great bodies too. And they are quite affordable

So basically, people bought a figure that needs paint touch ups, clothing touch ups, hairing touch ups, and now a total body replacement……

They don’t “think” it’s ok…they’re being TOLD it’s ok every time someone says…”it’s the only Ash we’re going to get” or “I love to pay $350 for a box of, frankly, terrible parts with a misspelled name on the box.”
Make no mistake, they are probably as shocked as you are that so many, supposedly, discerning collectors are allowing them to get away with this. They probably had no idea it would be this easy and regret putting as much effort into this release as they did.
They could have shipped Ash without a head and some of the folks here would’ve just said…”hey it’s cool…I love sculpting my own sixth scale heads, Ash was next on my list to sculpt from scratch anyway.”

Like when Ray brought home the Ecto 1 … “Needs some suspension work and shocks... and brakes, brake pads, linings, steering box, transmission, rear end.”

It’s a slight step up from starting from nothing apparently.

Well for me, I customize 99% of my **** anyway. Was planning to do it regardless if this came out 98% to the Proto. Just now there's extra work. I'd rather have an Ash with work to be done than none at all. I love the diorama base too so if I wanted the base the luxury was the only option.

I even modded my Prime 1 Jungle with blood on his leg and gloss "wet look" effect to his unmasked sculpts and body. If I'm willing to mod an almost $2k statue, a $350 figure set is nothing.
--

Okay.

Now I know.

And knowing is half the battle.

GI J . . .

OOPS!

Wrong forum.

;)

Thank you for responding. I never really asked that question previously in a group. I understand now the perspective on the "why" some will still go with it even with the quality issue.

In the end, it's your $ and the bottom line is you choose however you spend it regardless of what others may say.

I hope you'll post/share the mods and maybe provide insight on the details/technical aspects of your mods/replacements to achieve your ideal/perfect Ash Williams.

Look guys, we have plans to make sure ALL the Henrietta bust will be haired from this point on, we will announce the plan very soon
Those that have been paid for, but have yet to be shipped.. Will they have haired henrietta's before they are shipped or will they come at a later date?
Mine was due to be despatched a few days ago but hasn't been collected yet.

I'm usually with you. I modify most of my stuff anyway. But man, this one is a lot of work. And replacing. And while I paint a lot I'm color blind so it takes me a long time with referencing, second guessing....and bothering my wife.lol
And if I replace the body for a better seamless arm I may have to repaint for skin tone match which actually is outside of my wheelhouse. Anyway, I see your stuff all the time so I'm looking forward to what you do with this.

Yup same here. I mod just about everything regardless of price, just to try to make it look as good as it can possibly be. I was fully expecting to mod or repaint this Ash anyway, only now it's going to need a whole lot more work than expected.

And I'm sure we're very much in the minority anyway. Judging by this thread and posts on FB, Asmus is looking at a ton of cancellations for this figure right now.

The legs has articulations, it is an upgrade body we developed for Ash, it has gears in the groin joints

Look guys, we have plans to make sure ALL the Henrietta bust will be haired from this point on, we will announce the plan very soon
--

I'm surprised by this response in this thread from Asmus.

Asides from what is "supposed" to be done are you going to address issues with those who already received defective figures?

Moreover, are you going to offer a transparent explanation on how and why such a lapse in quality control happened?

At the very least, how about a public apology in the manner the issue occurred and inconsistent follow up responses from your supposed customer service reps?

Are your responses basically PR/damage control at this point without admitting any fault/responsible?

From this point on? You guys assured this wasn't an issue and supposedly opened 6 random boxes that you claimed were all good and then tried to pass off the prototype as one of those 6. 😆

Back