Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion, this figure doesn't get enough praise. It really is terrific. (I have the rooted version, not the sculpted one, so I can't speak for that one.) But the costume and accessories for this are terrific. And I actually dig the sculpt and the rooted hair quite a lot.

I'm gonna guess - and I'm not picking up Boromir -sticking with Hobbit line-up for now $$$$ which means so far I only have GTG, Bard, and Thranduil - that Boromir is as good or better than Bard. 'Coz I hadn't even planned on Bard but Sideshow had him on a holiday sale and as time has gone on, I appreciate him more and more - it's not like there's anything really WRONG, anyway. Maybe the sculpt could be more perfect, or the boot wrappings a bit less thick.

Am really, really glad I have Bard now. And last time I checked, SSC Boromir had a low stock warning. Just sayin'. Boromir MIGHT be one of those figs that some might kick themselves for later.:dunno

Forbidden planet must have wanted this damn thing that I see there every time I’m there, out of their store. They just blew it out for 99 bucks and free shipping on their site, so obviously I picked it up. I’ll try my damndest to make it look passable.

Damn -- I would have bit on that too.

Yes, Boromir is terrific. If you have the $$ you may not hesitate he is absolutely gorgeous.
And nothing much to futz with him, I shortened the shield belt to show the leather pattern, I outspread the horn strap to make it pose on the hip instead of the waist, and that's all. Even the haircut was near perfect right out of the box. Love this one, thank you Asmus for a brilliant job !

IMG_7866.JPG

Just picked up a sculpted hair version on amazon for $135 free shipping ;)

and its back up to 200. well that was fast lived. keep an eye out folks.

Last edited:
Not just the hair, the sculpt is different, has the neck on the sculpt, not in the body. The ears are totally different, too. I agree the hair behind the ears helps a lot.

Oh, wow, thank you! Had never seen that sculpt, and honestly, I wouldn't have suspected the potential behind. Looks like it needs a lot of work, with a total repaint and rooted hair, but still, it's great to know this exists.

Just grabbed it from another seller. Wasn't going to purchase it, since I doubt I'll have the time or the skills to work with it soon, but was scared that it would be my last chance, haha.

I’m working with this sculpt for something else at the moment, but this was so much work I’d never want to do this again unless someone paid me a million dollars lol.

Back