Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, SSM!

I am very sad without Boromir in my collection these days. My favorite Tolkien character by far. I’m usually a Jackson apologist for *most* of his changes but one detail I wish he didn’t omit from the book was Gandalf breaking the bridge of Khazad-Dum not to drop the balrog, but to keep Aragorn and Boromir from coming to help him, as they were charging over.

Boromir is such an amazing character. Always makes me happy to see him in people’s homes.

Attachments

• IMG_5566.JPG
    IMG_5566.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5569.JPG
    IMG_5569.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5570.JPG
    IMG_5570.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6199.JPG
    IMG_6199.JPG
    338.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6200.JPG
    IMG_6200.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6205.JPG
    IMG_6205.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 0
Hello everyone,
I received my Boromir figure on Friday. Overall I really like the figure. He is my second Asmus character after Thorin Oakenshield. But I have a strange problem with Boromir: Somehow I can't lift his left arm. The arm hangs limp down. I can use the elbow joint of the left arm normally. But somehow I have the feeling that the shoulder joint is dislocated. Since I don't really want to use the left arm anyway and wanted to hide it under the fur cloak, it's not a big problem. Still, it's annoying to have something in the showcase that doesn't work 100 percent. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Is it possible to complain about the figure? Or is it possible to ball up the arm again yourself? Can you actually take off Boromir clothes? Then I could take a look at the shoulders. There is no visual damage to the figure, as everything is covered by the leather clothing. I'm a relatively new collector and would really appreciate if anyone can help me or have any advice. :)

Hello everyone,
I received my Boromir figure on Friday. Overall I really like the figure. He is my second Asmus character after Thorin Oakenshield. But I have a strange problem with Boromir: Somehow I can't lift his left arm. The arm hangs limp down. I can use the elbow joint of the left arm normally. But somehow I have the feeling that the shoulder joint is dislocated. Since I don't really want to use the left arm anyway and wanted to hide it under the fur cloak, it's not a big problem. Still, it's annoying to have something in the showcase that doesn't work 100 percent. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Is it possible to complain about the figure? Or is it possible to ball up the arm again yourself? Can you actually take off Boromir clothes? Then I could take a look at the shoulders. There is no visual damage to the figure, as everything is covered by the leather clothing. I'm a relatively new collector and would really appreciate if anyone can help me or have any advice. :)
Best bet to start with would be to contact Asmus. They've sent you a broken product, so they really should be replacing it for you without any hassle. You could try taking everything off to see if it's just popped out, but you then risk damaging the clothing as well.

Best bet to start with would be to contact Asmus. They've sent you a broken product, so they really should be replacing it for you without any hassle. You could try taking everything off to see if it's just popped out, but you then risk damaging the clothing as well.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't buy the figure directly from Asmus, but from a German online shop. I am from Germany. I wrote to him and I'm curious what he will reply. I'm just afraid that I'll send the figure back and it will be sold out and I won't be able to get a replacement. Boromir is my favorite character from The Lord of the Rings. Since I don't need to raise the left arm for my favorite pose anyway, I'd rather have a Boromir with minor flaws than none at all. But maybe I can fix it somehow. :)

Thanks for the reply. I didn't buy the figure directly from Asmus, but from a German online shop. I am from Germany. I wrote to him and I'm curious what he will reply. I'm just afraid that I'll send the figure back and it will be sold out and I won't be able to get a replacement. Boromir is my favorite character from The Lord of the Rings. Since I don't need to raise the left arm for my favorite pose anyway, I'd rather have a Boromir with minor flaws than none at all. But maybe I can fix it somehow. :)
I'd swear there should be no problem removing the clothes, even if you are a newbie. You just need to be careful.
This figure has been parted out hundreds of times. It should be no brainer.
My 2c anyways.
Cheers.

Right behind Aragon, Boromir was fantastic.

I think it was the acting. Bean is an incredible actor. I love him in Equilibrium. He conveys emotion so well. Should really have gotten a second one.

Recently rewatched the extended FOTR and TTT and really, the casting in these films is just perfection. Sean Bean is spot on. The added scene between Boromir, Faramir and Denethor is played so well.
and THIS is why we NEED Denethor AND Faramir and Boromir in there Armour (exclusives can be the ruins of Osgiliath,similar to the Helms deep exclusives and Denethor gets chicken and Tomatoes 😁

Back