Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember one of the retailers was blowing her out at like a 100 bucks or something and I passed on her. If I could kick my own ass for passing on her I would. I may cave and get her some time but what a dumb decision.

Really which retailer?

$100 ?!!!
That would’ve been a definite no-brainer!
I got a second one from wbshop for $157 shipped, and I thought that was a good deal!
Best deal I ever got was a second Bilbo from Amazon for $74; now that was a steal!

$100 ?!!!
That would’ve been a definite no-brainer!
I got a second one from wbshop for $157 shipped, and I thought that was a good deal!
Best deal I ever got was a second Bilbo from Amazon for $74; now that was a steal!

My apologies as I was under a good bit. It was WB. I had her in my cart and everything and then cancelled it. ThinkGeek had some great prices on GOT figures but they closed up.

My apologies as I was under a good bit. It was WB. I had her in my cart and everything and then cancelled it. ThinkGeek had some great prices on GOT figures but they closed up.

I actually picked her up at ThinkGeek for 160 this week, ThinkGeek finally reopened at the mall and I went to get the QMX Sulu on sale and saw her there and figured why not.

I actually picked her up at ThinkGeek for 160 this week, ThinkGeek finally reopened at the mall and I went to get the QMX Sulu on sale and saw her there and figured why not.

Wish I had a thinkgeek near me that was open. GameStop isn?t open either as I am in Washington. If this was available for online delivery I would do it instantly.

I'm FINALLY taking my Asmus "Lord of the Rings" figures for the first time, out of their packaging and placing them on display.

I got to Arwen and was surprised to find a pair of her hands with some deformed fingers. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

IMG_1437.jpg

Otherwise, a beautiful figure.

OW! Did she get into a rooftop fight with Roy Batty?

You might be able to soak them in hot water for a while and bend them back into shape once they soften up.

I just picked this figure up new a week or so ago and the hands were perfect. That is a strange one.

Yep...those are gloved hands and those sculpted stitches are one of the nicer elements of the figure.

I'm FINALLY taking my Asmus "Lord of the Rings" figures for the first time, out of their packaging and placing them on display.

I got to Arwen and was surprised to find a pair of her hands with some deformed fingers. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

View attachment 487861

Otherwise, a beautiful figure.

You can try soak in boiling hot water,
it should return to its normal position.

let us know if it doesn't work~ 
[email protected])

Thank you. I did drop them in boiling water and it definitely helped some. Then I dropped it in iced water to hopefully hold the positioning of the fingers. It straightened the fingers considerably but they still look as if bent back the wrong way, especially the right hand. (hard to see in the photos that I took. The one below showed it best. Fingers bent backwards.

I'll try again and if no luck, will contact your service email. Thank you!

IMG_1444.jpg

Back