Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys : Saruman the white thread

I think the top of the beard and bottom look the best in ref to the pics. Less curly.

He was one bad mother in the latest Hobbit movie (along with Elrond, which I hope gets done).

Excited for the Grey Gandalf + updated white sculpt.

Last edited:

Yes,
with Gandalf the Grey purchase.
No plan for Gandalf the white 2.0

and please keep your Gandalf the white,
you will need it to get the new head for free.

Whoa! That's amazing. Totally solidifies my decision to buy Gandalf the White soon.

Also amazing, the Saruman sculpt.

How many figures do we realistically expect to have released from Asmus in 2015?

Yes,
with Gandalf the Grey purchase.
No plan for Gandalf the white 2.0

and please keep your Gandalf the white,
you will need it to get the new head for free.

That's really gracious move for Gandalf the White owners. Thanks for such a move.
But what will be the process of confirming our figure and receiving the new head?

What we are gona do,
is in Gandalf the Grey, there will be a certificate of purchase with individual serial number,
all you need to do is taking a photo of your Gandalf the white with the certificate,
and email to us along with your postal address.

and we will send you the updated parts~

Asmus you guys are amazing! I can't wait for you to make the Gandalf the Grey figure and I'm so happy that you guys are so quick to fix your mistakes. I love the Gandalf the White figure and look forward to improving him with the updated head sculpt! Happy customer here!

What we are gona do,
is in Gandalf the Grey, there will be a certificate of purchase with individual serial number,
all you need to do is taking a photo of your Gandalf the white with the certificate,
and email to us along with your postal address.

and we will send you the updated parts~

What a cool move.

That's an awesome way to go.
Will the new Gandalf the White head have hair like the Saruman the White?

That's an awesome way to go.
Will the new Gandalf the White head have hair like the Saruman the White?

I hope so, because that makes the most sense in reissuing the headsculpt (and both of them are of the same style of beard/hair).

Yes,
We had many concerns regarding the consistency too.
Black Widow didnt break this consistency most of the photos with the rest of the Avengers.
so we gave Eowyne a shot.

Like Darklord Dave said,
some characters are best done in root hair.
Most of us in the company are actually against rooted hair,
It is a messy method and hard to control.

Even for Tauriel, we had all the hair sculpted to start with.

sideshow managed to find a nice, plyable solution with their baroness. why not use a similar material?

View attachment 154588

that looks 1000's times better than the rooted hair could ever hope to be :(

would it really be too difficult to simply offer both heads in one box, and let the fans choose?
I'd be willing to pay a slightly higher price if this was an option. living in a more humid area, all rooted hair figures eventually end up looking frazzled and terrible in my collection.

all my black widow's turned to carrot tops. :(

Last edited:

would it really be too difficult to simply offer both heads in one box, and let the fans choose?
I'd be willing to pay a slightly higher price if this was an option. living in a more humid area, all rooted hair figures eventually end up looking frazzled and terrible in my collection.

I'd be willing to pay a decent amount more to have both options for Tauriel to be honest. I do have a lot of concern that over time rooted might not last and without have Asmus rooted hair figures in hand there is no precedent for how well they will be able to do it.

I would love to have one with the sculpted hair using the softer plastic that Sideshow used on the Baroness. Especially after seeing their sculpted picture.

Now with Saruman where the hair is basically straight I'd probably be okay with just rooted or just sculpted.

The tooling for that sculpted head of Tauriel would be very expensive for an accessory. I'd love to see more companies going this way though. Including both heads and then collectors can make their own decision.

The tooling for that sculpted head of Tauriel would be very expensive for an accessory. I'd love to see more companies going this way though. Including both heads and then collectors can make their own decision.

Agreed! Especially after seeing the two Star Ace Hermione heads.

Beyond even the tooling, IIRC, the head is usually one of the most expensive parts of the figure because of the paint apps, too.

well, consider this, it might be more expensive to do both, but there are people ( like me) who will pass on a figure because it has rooted hair. That's lost sales

there are also people who might pass on a figure if it has sculpted. that's also lost sales.

having a figure that includes both options, means MORE sales overall.

Yes, tooling a head is expensive. which is why you would do the hair as a separate piece from a flexible vinyl material, like sideshow did with baroness, and tool your rooted hair piece to be able to fit over that as well. like hot toys does with their rooted hair figures.

this way, you're only tooling ONE head, and adding an extra accessory.

Removable hair piece would be a good idea -- one rooted and one sculpted -- but I would worry the two won't fit. Imagine if you received a head like Gandalf? Then again, a hollow head would also solve a lot of problems perhaps.

But this character is basically going to be a statue if you sculpt the hair and beard. That head is just going to be locked off in one position. I think of all the possible characters for rooter hair, Saruman seems the best suited with that straight, white, fake looking hair as it was.

New on FB. I like what I see.

uploadfromtaptalk1432718593008.jpg

Seen it on facey too!
This figure looks AMAZING!
Will he also come with the Orc BAF part Asmus?
Damn, I should be jumping into this line but The Force Awakens this year....

Back