Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She still goes for retail.

She is actually starting to climb in price a bit. She was selling for below retail for the longest time on the Reg, with the EX barely getting retail back. Now the Reg's are going for slightly over retail with the EX in the low 400's. Still cheap, but it is creeping up. I finally picked one up, it's in the mail, so hoping to have an X-trio with Emma and Jean once she arrives.

I know some guy who's selling his Storm for less than 400 bucks AND it's the incredibly amazing EX. The price is so good it makes me want to buy it again just because lol.

Although I have the EX I wish I could trade her for the white version... unfortunately the white version does not have the EX head so I guess I'm sticking to the black EX.

Storm PF is a beauty.
Personally I love the black costume. I know the white one got rave reviews but I just don't ever remember her wearing it in comics. The black version is very definitive imo

PSA - accidentally hitting the leg peg on the base will chip the red gloss paint horribly.

Don't ask me how I know :gah:

Personally I love the black costume. I know the white one got rave reviews but I just don't ever remember her wearing it in comics. The black version is very definitive imo

Yeah, the classic black costume is great. I love all the Byrne era X-MEN costumes. I'm surprised that SSC released the white variant. As you said, she's never worn that costume in a comic and a ton of peeps are still waiting for a Jim Lee white costume Storm PF. I wonder if the Lee X-MEN PFs are done? There are still quite a few characters needed for that lineup but it would be so sideshow to just abruptly end the line. That's one of the reasons I passed on the Storm PF. I want a Byrne era lineup but can't count on SSC to release other X-MEN PFs from that era. What's the point of having Storm on my shelf if there's no other characters from that era getting released?

Yeah, the classic black costume is great. I love all the Byrne era X-MEN costumes. I'm surprised that SSC released the white variant. As you said, she's never worn that costume in a comic and a ton of peeps are still waiting for a Jim Lee white costume Storm PF. I wonder if the Lee X-MEN PFs are done? There are still quite a few characters needed for that lineup but it would be so sideshow to just abruptly end the line. That's one of the reasons I passed on the Storm PF. I want a Byrne era lineup but can't count on SSC to release other X-MEN PFs from that era. What's the point of having Storm on my shelf if there's no other characters from that era getting released?
True but that storm PF was hot looking andI don't even collect X-men. Isn't the Colossus PF also close to the Byrne era costume?

True but that storm PF was hot looking andI don't even collect X-men. Isn't the Colossus PF also close to the Byrne era costume?

There are enough differences between the costumes, but to someone who isn't a big X-Fan, it probably isn't very noticeable. However, I don't care for how the Colossus PF looks. The cloth on that piece just killed it for me. Same thing happened with the Wolvie and Sabes PF.

As far as the Storm PFs goes...both the white and black costume looks great on her. I just prefer the classic black costume myself.

There are enough differences between the costumes, but to someone who isn't a big X-Fan, it probably isn't very noticeable. However, I don't care for how the Colossus PF looks. The cloth on that piece just killed it for me. Same thing happened with the Wolvie and Sabes PF.

As far as the Storm PFs goes...both the white and black costume looks great on her. I just prefer the classic black costume myself.

yeah I sold the Colossus PF because the cloth covered up all the chest details. It didn't mold around his body like the new stuff does. I also didn't like how he looks straight down, that meant you hide to put up him up high to enjoy the really good face sculpts he had.

From the cape up its actually quite different but this costume is the closest to the white PF costume. From Phil Jimenez run on Astonishing X-Men.

White Storm PF had some awesome QC. It's among my most flawless statues.

storm.jpg

Isn't the Colossus PF also close to the Byrne era costume?

There are enough differences between the costumes, but to someone who isn't a big X-Fan, it probably isn't very noticeable.

Yeah, I doubt most would notice. the costumes are very similar. But for me, the Byrne line up wont be complete until a Classic Colossus is released.

Original Colossus by Dave Cockrum vs Jim Lee redesign (this isn't JL's art, though)
colossus-bigcostume1.jpg
Colossus.jpeg

Yeah, I doubt most would notice. the costumes are very similar. But for me, the Byrne line up wont be complete until a Classic Colossus is released.

Original Colossus by Dave Cockrum vs Jim Lee redesign (this isn't JL's art, though)
colossus-bigcostume1.jpg
Colossus.jpeg

Byrne line up won't be complete without Colossus, Cyke, Phoenix, and Nightcrawler PFs from that era. The current classic Storm PF and the Lee Wolvie PF can be used in a Byrne lineup. However, the other 4 I listed have yet to be done (Phoenix & Nightcrawler) or done in their classic costumes (Colossus & Cyke).

Because I'm not sure we'll ever see any more classic X-MEN PFs released by SSC, I'm hesitant to buy Storm. I really want the 6 core members from the Byrne run. If I knew they were coming, I'd pick her up in an instant. I LOVE my Wolvie COM so I'm all set there. Just need Cyke, Phoenix, Nightcrawler, and Colossus in their classic duds and I'd be set. Who knows if that'll ever happen?

^Likewise. I'd pick up Storm (black) if I knew a Cyclops and Nightcrawler were coming. As it is, I'm not a huge fan of the art direction with most of the Jim Lee PFs. I would however take a Jim Lee Storm in white.

I like Storm's white variant because it reminds me of Jim Lee white costume... that's all :p

At long last my Jean Grey has finally made her way home. I love it !! Worth all the wait. Probably the simplest in the line but cool nonetheless and yes the EX head is a must for me.

VU8dub4.jpg

9wmv1Fd.jpg

hpIkw0f.jpg

FihvrgH.jpg

Photo bomb Doom !

LoelOFk.jpg

Now on to Pathfinder base... looking at that X base makes my eyes bleed.

I hope SS keeps making mutants !! I want more :)

I like Storm's white variant because it reminds me of Jim Lee white costume... that's all :p

At long last my Jean Grey has finally made her way home. I love it !! Worth all the wait. Probably the simplest in the line but cool nonetheless and yes the EX head is a must for me.

VU8dub4.jpg

9wmv1Fd.jpg

hpIkw0f.jpg

FihvrgH.jpg

Photo bomb Doom !

LoelOFk.jpg

Now on to Pathfinder base... looking at that X base makes my eyes bleed.

I hope SS keeps making mutants !! I want more :)

Nice love the x-men display, but did you have trouble fitting the ex head onto jean grey, i did on mine?

Thanks crimsin, actually yes I did... it was a pain in the ass fitting the EX head onto her. I'm actually quite afraid of damaging it if I decide to switch heads. Same for the base... the peg stands firm and I am not sure I will manage to successfully remove it.

My waitlist reservation for the ex just converted and it was placed just 3 weeks ago. Problem is I hardly can afford it, since I'm out of a job right now. On the other hand - how can she not join this group:

SDC11806.jpgSDC11807.jpg
SDC11804.jpgSDC11805.jpg
SDC11808.jpgSDC11809.JPG

Back