Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ragin' Cajun is just that big! He's a beast!!! :rock

Still such a cool piece after all of these years.

The leaning pose and lack of color match may drive me nuts but it looks very nice otherwise. Cyclops needs to be redone in the worst way.

The leaning pose and lack of color match may drive me nuts but it looks very nice otherwise. Cyclops needs to be redone in the worst way.

It's just that Exclusive head, IMO. I really liked everything else about that one....well, that and the lack of "X" base.

I think Cyclops is one of the better X-Men PFs. Pose is good, Regular face looks like he should look.

I think it's Jean that would've been better if designed to match Cyclops more. I would've:
- changed her hair to red
- filled in her eyes
- below the belt changed the legs to a pose that works on a rock base to match Cyclops
- put her on a rock base that compliments Cyclops

But I would've designed them all on rocky terrain bases. It would've allowed them all to match on themed bases that tell a story, yet stand separate in cases where some of them aren't always X-Men, Gambit in particular who's frequently off and on (currently off, for a while now).

My Jean is here Thursday.

only thing that could've saved this is if it had a Spider-Man pose.. (the new one)

even though she looks like an ape here ... this is the only pose that would've worked based on the upper half

4646742568_4a68cf4b85.jpg

spaceout.gif

Sad truth is --- I wouldn't have ordered this if I weren't such a big X-MEN fan. If it weren't Jean I'd be surprised if anyone found this eye-catching.

fleer_1995_marvel_masterpieces_jean_grey_by_neo_sunglasses-d8h853y.jpg

---

I hope we see a Storm... and I hope its not sculpted by 4 different people, and it has an attractive face

The pose doesn't even have to be over the top, I have no idea what they were thinking when they made Jean

///

There's hope for the Phoenix PF at least...

4528912173_22f5c4aeba.jpg

such a perfect simple pose

5157366216_5d70cbba9a.jpg

only thing that could've saved this is if it had a Spider-Man pose.. (the new one)

even though she looks like an ape here ... this is the only pose that would've worked based on the upper half

4646742568_4a68cf4b85.jpg

spaceout.gif

Sad truth is --- I wouldn't have ordered this if I weren't such a big X-MEN fan. If it weren't Jean I'd be surprised if anyone found this eye-catching.

fleer_1995_marvel_masterpieces_jean_grey_by_neo_sunglasses-d8h853y.jpg

---

I hope we see a Storm... and I hope its not sculpted by 4 different people, and it has an attractive face

The pose doesn't even have to be over the top, I have no idea what they were thinking when they made Jean

///

There's hope for the Phoenix PF at least...

4528912173_22f5c4aeba.jpg

such a perfect simple pose

5157366216_5d70cbba9a.jpg

Really, I liked Storm, if I was a bigger X-men fan I'd have bought her.

I had heard about that but as you said nothing has come of it. Perhaps we'll hear some news eventually. I remember when master piece first came out every lost their kittens because of how good the art was. Would be nice to see something updated.

Joe Jusko was working on a set for 2015 but I don't know what happened. Would have been cool too since as a painter he's grown so much in the last 20 years.

Yes Mike... the guy who was supposed to sell his EX to me cancelled the PO so I jumped on the WL.

Hope your WL converts.
Mine did but that was ages ago. Good luck buddy. Your xmen collecting wouldn't be complete without her. Are you getting Emma too?

Back