Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

All this is irrelevant. Why??????? They started showing this before Metal Gear Solid. Absolutely stupid blasphemy on their part.

Yes, its a blasphemy they announced MGS before Batman! How dare they! At least they corrected the mistake by actually showing something from Batman instead of MGS. :hi5:

Yes, its a blasphemy they announced MGS before Batman! How dare they! At least they corrected the mistake by actually showing something from Batman instead of MGS. :hi5:

You're wrong for that. :nono:monkey2

Gotta wipe that hater dirt off my shoulders. MGS&Nightwing 4 the WIN
tumblr_ltxeuqc5B21qffe1lo1_500.gif

:lol And neither will happen.

People always get these dreams in their minds of things HT will make. And the reality is, HT doesn't make these grand, huge lines. If you want those, stick with Sideshow. Sideshow WILL make Nightwing eventually. They don't have a specific game license they will make 1-2 figures from. They've got the ENTIRE DC Universe to play with. Its a when, not if, major characters like Nightwing get made by them. But those thinking HT will do likewise are only setting themselves up for disapointment. I've collected HT long enough to know what to realisitcally expect from them, and I'm not very optimistic about this line. Its new terriority and HT will take it slow at first and see how Batman does before making anyone else, even the Joker.

:lol And neither will happen.

People always get these dreams in their minds of things HT will make. And the reality is, HT doesn't make these grand, huge lines. If you want those, stick with Sideshow. Sideshow WILL make Nightwing eventually. They don't have a specific game license they will make 1-2 figures from. They've got the ENTIRE DC Universe to play with. Its a when, not if, major characters like Nightwing get made by them. But those thinking HT will do likewise are only setting themselves up for disapointment. I've collected HT long enough to know what to realisitcally expect from them, and I'm not very optimistic about this line. Its new terriority and HT will take it slow at first and see how Batman does before making anyone else, even the Joker.

Man show some SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!! JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZ. Just believe they will :lol:gah:. Surely you want more than Batman. Based on ur avatar and sig, id say u want a Two Face and Joker, but who knows?

Your like a family member in a room with relatives surrounding another relative with cancer. They believe they'll make a recovery and survive, and you think they're gonna die. :lol:thud:

Last edited:

Oh, I want everyone. I'm just not stupid enough to think they will make them. Like I've said, I've collected HT long enough to know what to expect. Them getting the license alone was a surprise. I'm not foolish enough to expect them to make more than 1 or 2 figures. HT loves Batman and Joker, and I'm still not even sure we'll get the Joker out of this.

If you want all of those characters, get the DCD figures. Its the only way you'll get a full Arkham lineup.

Or join the Blue Lantern Corps :lol

Oh, I want everyone. I'm just not stupid enough to think they will make them. Like I've said, I've collected HT long enough to know what to expect. Them getting the license alone was a surprise. I'm not foolish enough to expect them to make more than 1 or 2 figures. HT loves Batman and Joker, and I'm still not even sure we'll get the Joker out of this.

If you want all of those characters, get the DCD figures. Its the only way you'll get a full Arkham lineup.

Or join the Blue Lantern Corps :lol

Man I don't want all that other BUUUUUUUUUUUUULLL____. :lol I don't wanna downgrade to little figs.

Ur a hope killer. A realist, but a hope killer. :monkey2

On the bright side, whenever I'm wrong, I'm thrilled and nobody cares that I was wrong because they are thrilled too! :lol

so I'm way out of line for wanting a batwing and batmobile then.

I don't think anyone in this thread had Azrael on their list

Azrael-character.png

Yeah, not gonna happen. :lol

People always get these dreams in their minds of things HT will make. And the reality is, HT doesn't make these grand, huge lines

Oh, I want everyone. I'm just not stupid enough to think they will make them. Like I've said, I've collected HT long enough to know what to expect. Them getting the license alone was a surprise. I'm not foolish enough to expect them to make more than 1 or 2 figures

I wouldn't be so sure. HT is INFAMOUS for one-and-done figures. Barney Ross, Alice, Wolverine, Perseus, Dastan, etc, etc.
The truth is, HT is utterly unpredictable. Just becuase something is a no brainer to us doesn't mean it is to them

I honestly don't see HT making anything beyond Batman here, I just don't. Every time a new license is announced with this company, people go bat_____ crazy over the future possibilities. How often do those possibilities pan out? Hardly and never
Agree with all this ^

I doubt we'll get anything more than Batman and Joker, if Joker at all. But that's cool with me since DCD are pretty much giving us every character from the game in figure form, so we can get a full rogues gallery fix from them.

I'll definitely be getting this HT Batman aswell though. Gonna be a loooong wait but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

Not even close. They are totally different. The belts are different, the boots are different, and the guantlets are different too at the very least. They look similar to the casual observer, but much like Darth Vader, real fans know the differences.

I think so too. Its certainly better than those "stupid things" version they've been doing with Iron Man.

There's plenty of 'real' fans that have no clue about the differences. I was only aware of the different gauntlets actually.

Joker is a given so Batman being the only one is impossible. Catwoman is EXTREMELY possible. After them, things begin to get questionable. Since Nightwing and Robin are playable characters also, I can see a great chance of them being made as well. I REALLY want that Two Face, because he looks 10000x better than Nolans version, and the black/white suit is great.
But of Course, I think its obvious what I want more than any other figure in the line.

tumblr_luf342kyXI1qa1vjko1_500.gif

I WANT/NEED that Figure

Two Face's burnt face looks like its inspired by Nolan's version actually, so not sure how you think it looks 10000x better :lol

The outfit is cool though, but I also like the Nolan Two Face burnt outfit

Batman and Joker are givens despite HT's history for one and dones. If they could figure out a way to shove The Joker into an Iron Man suit they would. Catwoman is a strong possibility as well only because HT likes and knows that tits and ass has a fair selling possibility. You think Black Widow was made over Whiplash II or Hammer Drones because she oh so important to the storyline? I realistically don't think we'll get even to Catwoman unless the line sells but if it does I could see HT going ape____ with it.

A well made Batman and Joker would sell like hot cakes. I can see this line being extended beyond those, but HT is anything but predictable

I'd say that in turn was more inspired by the comics though. Long Halloween?

I'd say that in turn was more inspired by the comics though. Long Halloween?

Two Face?

Yeah TDK version was def inspired by The Long Halloween. So AC version, depending on how you look at it, visually at least seems to take cues from TDK version, and therefore indirectly the TLH version as well.

There's plenty of 'real' fans that have no clue about the differences. I was only aware of the different gauntlets actually.

Two Face's burnt face looks like its inspired by Nolan's version actually, so not sure how you think it looks 10000x better :lol

The outfit is cool though, but I also like the Nolan Two Face burnt outfit

U kind of have that backwards. The suit he has is inspired by NOlans (left side only), but his face really isn't. Its far more similar to his comic look where his face is red.

BatmanArkhamCity-TwoFace.jpg

Two_Face_6711.jpg

Two-face.png

9tdk_two-face_harveydent.jpg

:dunno

I see major similarity in the burns on the face (and btw, both are the same colour more or less) I'll stick with AC version is inspired by Nolan's. :lol

The burn side of his face is almost identical. I would say copied is more appropriate than inspired by. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back