Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a very Latino looking Lois there?!

Those Lopez ones are great. Love the Fleecs one too. :)

Yeah she does look very Latino. lol

Lopez is always awesome.

gwenee_witch3_by_mariochavez-d31pn9p.jpg

Nice... very nice.

i kinda hate for my first post to be a correction one, but I believe that first pic Maglor, is a Vallejo, not a Frazetta

I will make my second post something positive!
This is a great thread, and I thank you all for your posts and the awesome pictures!

Boris Vallejo:

boris_vallejo_03_dark_whisper.jpg

Boris_Vallejo_-_vampi.jpg

boris-vallejo.jpg

valkyrie_copyright_boris_vallejo.jpg

Boris_Vallejo_23.jpg

Boris%20Vallejo%201999%20-%2001.jpg

two_warriors_copyright_boris_vallejo.jpg

Fantasy%20Art%20-%20Boris%20Vallejo%20-%20Wolf%20Girl.JPG

BorisVallejo_MicroVisions.jpg

I really like both Vallejo and Frazetta, but Frazetta wins for me. His ladies are a bit meatier, which I like.

To bad we have to keep it "PG-13" because they both do amazing nudes.

Boris Vallejo:

I really like both Vallejo and Frazetta, but Frazetta wins for me. His ladies are a bit meatier, which I like.

To bad we have to keep it "PG-13" because they both do amazing nudes.​

I dont know. Boris does some pretty meaty women. The only thing that bothers me about Boris' women is that sometimes he makes them buff.:slap

What I mean is that Frank is not afraid to put some "junk" in his women's "trunks."

FrankFrazetta-The-Moon-Maid.jpg

ffddpm-758186.jpg

frank_frazetta_cornered.jpg

:drool :exactly:

The Frazettas art is beautiful. Can anyone share where to get his prints? I looked at his frazetta museum website and they are selling posters at $10. $10 sounds like your mass produced movie posters quality or are they high quality prints just very affordable? Thanks.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Oh MadCap, first welcome to the freakshow, second Maglor is gonna stalk you!!!:pray:

FIXED :D

I Kid !!!!!!!

I think they are both masters.

But I tend to like Vallejo's ladies a litte more (just ladies)

BORIS%20VALLEJO%20-%20(026).jpg

Boris_Vallejo_-_vampi.jpg

And no conversation on Vallejo could go without his famous take on Julie Bell:

030710boris1.jpg

In my opinion, most stuff by Boris in the last 20 years has been very bland and too 'photo real' or perfect, whatever word you want to use for uninteresting.

I don't really like most of Julie's work.

It's all about 70's and 80's Boris art man!! :)

EDIT: Eamon, you know better than to post a pic with nips showing. :tap

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, most stuff by Boris in the last 20 years has been very bland and too 'photo real' or perfect, whatever word you want to use for uninteresting.

I don't really like most of Julie's work.

It's all about 70's and 80's Boris art man!! :)

I agree with you on Julie's work, since she basically sets up the images with models. Maybe I am just jealous that I can't afford to get models to pose:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you on Julie's work, since she basically sets up the images with models. Maybe I am just jealous that I can't afford to get models to pose:(

All artists set up images with models dude! Some are just better at it that's all.

Any of your friends can be models. ;)

Back