Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Original Arizona Cheerleader (and accompanying colored finished print) and the original swimsuit model cover. These will both be Zenescope exclusive covers for Grimm Fairy Tales or maybe one-shots of Tales from wonderland.

IMG_3843Large.jpg
IMG_3842Large.jpg

IMG_3839Large.jpg
IMG_3811Large.jpg

IMG_3821Large.jpg
IMG_3846Large.jpg

IMG_3818Large.jpg
gft-swimsuit-special-2010-1-b-cvr-debalfo-apr101165.jpg

IMG_3810Large.jpg

Sorry, I didn't get a pic of the MJ exiting the shower. It was full nude too...

Alright, I got motivated. I'll share these a little slowly. I feel a little guilty about just having dropped a down payment of a car on art prints yesterday and today. Actually, except for the EBAS and Mike Debalfo original stuff and a couple original pieces, they were all fairly reasonable. Some were priced 2/$20, typically 2/$30, and the 13x19 were 2/$40.

Again, I'll share these over the next couple days.

Eric Basulda Black Cat and Baroness prints (13x19). At first I thought they looked a little unfinished, mostly because of the horizontal (top/bottom) border and because not numbered, but once I got them in the portfolio, I really liked them.

IMG_3854Large.jpg
IMG_3852Large.jpg

Alright, party pooper. Here you go. The censored version.

IMG_3850Largecopy.jpg

IMG_3858Largecopy.jpg

Now that print is ruined. How am I going to get that black bar or the smiley faces off her nipples. EBAS would be pissed.

:gah: I cant believe you didnt get a pic of the MJ commission. I hope someone posts it online.

hahaha "Ill hates my boobs". :lol

IMG_3843Large.jpg
IMG_3842Large.jpg

This looks awesome.

love that neytiri print, hope i can find one on the bay. congrats on the awesome scores scott!

Livio Ramondelli

Apocalypse, waking up from hibernation somewhere in the middle east I imagine.

Sorry about the flash.

IMG_3838Large.jpg

IMG_3837Large.jpg

IMG_3836Large.jpg

IMG_3835Large.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Ill. Yeah, I loved it as soon as I saw it. This artist also does lots of transformers stuff too. Let me know, tomorrow last day.

I couldn't get rid of the flash. Just move it around. I should take pics when not in portfolio, but I'm so picky about them being in good condition, I just want to get them behind Mylar first.

So just riding the light rail home after the original art auction. There was a spiderman secret wars, issue 4, page 16 and 17 double spreadon the auction block. No one matched my $80 bet. Original artwork. Looks like maybe the centerfold spread. $80?!?!?!!!!

And it's mine now.

Also bid up to $145 on original EBAS pencil sketch, but high bidder wasn't going anywhere and I had spent enough. He'll probably be able to sell for 4X as much.

Funny thing is, winning bidder was the manager of Phillip Tan and mark de Los Santos, amongst others. Phillip tan sat at my table, got a pic on my camera.

So just riding the light rail home after the original art auction. There was a spiderman secret wars, issue 4, page 16 and 17 double spreadon the auction block. No one matched my $80 bet. Original artwork. Looks like maybe the centerfold spread. $80?!?!?!!!!

And it's mine now.

Also bid up to $145 on original EBAS pencil sketch, but high bidder wasn't going anywhere and I had spent enough. He'll probably be able to sell for 4X as much.

Funny thing is, winning bidder was the manager of Phillip Tan and mark de Los Santos, amongst others. Phillip tan sat at my table, got a pic on my camera.

Was that a silent auction? $80 for double page is a good price.

What was the Ebas pencil sketch of?

Was that a silent auction? $80 for double page is a good price.

What was the Ebas pencil sketch of?

Not silent auction. Some of the stuff that didn't sell will be at silent auction today, and other stuff too. They have "sketch offs" where the artists just sketch anything that the audience throws out at them, and those sort of things are at the silent auction, and some of the better ones were at last nights auction.

My idea during a sketch was a Hurleyquinn. Actuall, it was just Hurley from Lost, but then the audience converted it to a Hurleyquinn somehow.

The EBAS sketch was just okay, which is why I wouldn't bid that much on it. it was some lady with some sort of flying worm thing, couldn't tell if it was attacking her or if maybe she was holding it like a weapon (i.e. whip). Just pencils, and didn't have that EBAS flavor with the big boobs and ass. And the overall scale of the women was pretty small, like maybe 6 inches, so it didn't look like the EBAS covers you know.

Also, I asked if I could take a pic of the MJ getting out of the shower, and he said no because he had published it or put it on his site yet.

Those sketch offs are pretty fun. When I was at one a few years back, Jim Mahfood drew a pretty hilarious picture of Ra's Al Ghul eating a piece of pie.

Not silent auction. Some of the stuff that didn't sell will be at silent auction today, and other stuff too. They have "sketch offs" where the artists just sketch anything that the audience throws out at them, and those sort of things are at the silent auction, and some of the better ones were at last nights auction.

My idea during a sketch was a Hurleyquinn. Actuall, it was just Hurley from Lost, but then the audience converted it to a Hurleyquinn somehow.

The EBAS sketch was just okay, which is why I wouldn't bid that much on it. it was some lady with some sort of flying worm thing, couldn't tell if it was attacking her or if maybe she was holding it like a weapon (i.e. whip). Just pencils, and didn't have that EBAS flavor with the big boobs and ass. And the overall scale of the women was pretty small, like maybe 6 inches, so it didn't look like the EBAS covers you know.

Also, I asked if I could take a pic of the MJ getting out of the shower, and he said no because he had published it or put it on his site yet.

Hopefully he does post that MJ.

That "sketch off" sounds pretty cool.

Looked up that artist name that I couldn't remember that did the Apocalypse and the Poison Ivy print... Livio Ramondelli

These are from Oliver Nome:

IMG_3834Large.jpg
IMG_3833Large.jpg

IMG_3832Large.jpg
IMG_3831Large.jpg

And finally some original stuff by Peter Finch, who is a very cool person to talk to, and who's voice sounds exactly like Norm McDonald.

IMG_3876Large.jpg
IMG_3875Large.jpg

IMG_3874Large.jpg

I have the finished print of the Harry and Hermione, just haven't taken a photo yet.

Back