Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all_moor_09.jpg

AM021.JPG

AM033.JPG

4687363427_5c4968a510_b.jpg

al+MOORE_img_12.jpg

Al_Moore_1950_15.jpg

Anyone know of a good book that collects his pieces ? :pray:

Al Moore doesn't have a book devoted to his work out, at least none that I've seen. Some of his work is in this book though as well as other leading Pin-up artists from the 40's through to the late 1960's. It's a fantastic book and I highly recommend it. It was available through Barnes and Noble but it looks like it sold out. I think the only way to get it now may be through Ebay or the trusted sellers at Barnes and Noble or Amazon.

11967199.jpg

These are also great and strongly recommended......:duff

https://www.amazon.com/Gil-Elvgren-...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287511682&sr=1-3

https://www.amazon.com/Alberto-Varg...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287511900&sr=1-1

I love Martin Abel's work, I've been following him on DA for a while now.

Yea, he just finished up some convention down under and opened up his web store with a 2010 sketchbook, art print, and bottle opener ( :dunno )

I was able to score two books and a print but also I got him to agree to do a sketch for me since I was ordering from the US and could get them all shipped together. I left it open ended so I can't wait to see what he draws me :)

^^^Those boobies look so real. :love

But, what's with the heads?

It;s for a comic.

Zombies vs. Cheerleaders.

It his Halloween variant cover, so zombies a-hoy

Dam I really need to get some original art from this man somehow

Actually it's a normal run, but it will be a variant. A "virgin" version, so there may not be a colored version.

I am on hit list. I was talking to him at NYCC. He could not fit me in for another sketch in my book, but he said he would add something special to my piece when I come up in the list. Should not be too long now.

Also got Nei to agree to color it for me, so this one should be hot ! :yess:

I love Martin Abel's work, I've been following him on DA for a while now.

You and me both. He had dropped off the mark for a bit, not responding to commissioners and the like, Hope he is back.

I am on hit list. I was talking to him at NYCC. He could not fit me in for another sketch in my book, but he said he would add something special to my piece when I come up in the list. Should not be too long now.

Also got Nei to agree to color it for me, so this one should be hot ! :yess:

Very cool! I guess I'm kinda lying when I say I need original art cuz I was able to score a very quick head sketch from him of Alice at this past SDCC as well as score a single interior page he did for his first full on drawn issue (I don't even remember what the comic was called - Oh wait, Tales from Wonderland Red Rose), but that was even on the last day where I only had three pages to choose from.

Still, I need one of his covers or a nice splash page! :gah:

His "hit list", though, what is that? Is it the same as his commissions list from this past June he opened for DA followers? I'm on that in the first ten, but I was kinda thinking he just let it go :dunno

Back