Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else get these? They were at the WB booth, I think. I just saw them on the counter and grabbed one of each. Unfortunately they got slightly creased as I had them in my bag all day. :eek:

DSCF0460.jpg

DSCF0461.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

DSCF0463.jpg

Those look fantastic. I would have picked them up. I stayed away from the WB booth. too crowded.

So recently at SDCC I participated in the art auction. I really like going to those it would seem. Anyway, I saw some original art, not prints/reproductions, that I really liked, and I bid on them, and I came back in time, and won them. I think the most expensive piece was the DC Women, which was 45...., come to think of, Wolvie cost a little more than that, but most were 35.

Forgive my OCD and the multiple pics.

Enjoy

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

Last edited:
omg I would love that Amber one... just saying. :lol

I should have grabbed more. The guy at the counter was looking away talking to someone and I just grabbed one of each. I later saw someone else try to grab some and the counter man told him no. I guess I lucked out. :dunno

what else do you have in that closet? :wink1:
I'll never tell. :D

Those look fantastic. I would have picked them up. I stayed away from the WB booth. too crowded.

This was at some side counter away from all the madness. Aside from one guy talking to the man at the counter - I was the only one there. Weird.

:woo

I :love you woman!!! :1-1:

PM on the way!!!

Love you too. ;)

I should have grabbed more. The guy at the counter was looking away talking to someone and I just grabbed one of each. I later saw someone else try to grab some and the counter man told him no. I guess I lucked out. :dunno

No prob love! ;)

Of course Amber isn't on eBay :(

... but Baby Doll and Blondie are for anyone interested.

This was at some side counter away from all the madness. Aside from one guy talking to the man at the counter - I was the only one there. Weird.

Love you too. ;)

Come on, be a pal.

What other prints that you have that your willing to giveaway? Anything with half naked one please. And what is that purple thing in your closet?

Oh and nice sex slave. lol

Come on, be a pal.

What other prints that you have that your willing to giveaway? Anything with half naked one please. And what is that purple thing in your closet?

Oh and nice sex slave. lol

Actually - most of my prints are concert related stuff - mostly Pearl Jam, Tool, Alice in Chains, Eddie Vedder solo stuff....Those are all limited editions, signed and numbered so I won't be giving those away. :lol

I also have some movie prints - The Dark Knight, several Hellboy prints, 300, Eddie Izzard.....also all signed and numbered.

Sorry nothing of anyone half naked...except for the 300 prints.

That purple thing....hmmmmmm.....that would be my old Halloween costume! :lol

And sex slave....shhhhh!!!! That's top secret! Batty would be so upset if people knew he was in there! :monkey3

Your art pieces look great Scott! Congrats on winning those auctions! :duff

Thanks Jen. I think you saw how excited I was when I saw you at the SS booth. They already come matted, so I'm seriously consdiering getting some frames and putting them up somewhere. At least that Sandman/Death Endless one. That thing looks awesome in person.

You got all those pieces for $35 to $45 a piece? Thats a good deal. Those things are super detailed.

Yeah, total score. There were reproductions being sold by the same artists too. But I only bid on the originals. You can see... well, I can see if I look real close, near the edges where they used white paint to clean up the lines some. Andy they said "Original Art Piece" on the label when they were on the wall, where as others, by the same artists, said "Reproduction Print," so I'm assuming they're originals.

I never got to meet the artists; it was a silent auction. I could have spent another few hundred if I allowed myself. Average for each piece after CA tax was $52.

Congrats Scott, you got some great looking stuff!! :hi5:

Love you too. ;)
Oh man had I known, I would've made off with stacks of each! :slap

You'll tell me right? :wink1:

I asked about anything Sucker Punch at the Legendary booth and they said they didn't have any. Well the people that were there didn't know ____ 'cause they were giving away the character posters, they are on eBay now. :(

:)

No prob love! ;)

Of course Amber isn't on eBay :(

... but Baby Doll and Blondie are for anyone interested.
I'll keep an eye out for you.

I asked about anything Sucker Punch at the Legendary booth and they said they didn't have any. Well the people that were there didn't know ____ 'cause they were giving away the character posters, they are on eBay now. :(

:)

I'll keep an eye out for you.

I like those character posters. Never saw any of those when I was walking the floor.

Love you too. ;)

don't lie....you glamoured him right? :lol

Is this the same Olivia that I have trading cards of hers from back in the early 90's?
I think so. I have her 3 Art books and it says her work has appeared on trading cards as well as Playboy, among other things.

She's the only Olivia in the Pin-up art world that I know about anyway. :lol

JSC was pretty generous knowing I was waiting for it for so long and why I even got on his list in the first place, so he charged me his older rate of $1500...

:thud:

Dominic Marco's stuff is on point!

Now if only he were more reliable for commissions.

Sorry, so pissed I didn't even get the info straight, but yes, it happened to Erick Basaldua, it was posted in Ebas's page by Matt (associate). Looks like all his original art that he had with him and all his prints were taken. I'll be on the lookout on ebay for sudden and new multiple auctions, Keep your ears and eyes open guys. Whoever the thief is deserves a beatdown!

:goodpost:

maybe just Baby Doll :D

Lively Baby Doll :yess:

Don't change it, i like it

And I prefer hunnipot. Its very ummmm yeah.

:exactly:

speaking of SDCC and little mermaid....this years was pretty damn Hot!!!

144240320-24113130.jpg

4824451646_6fa1470207_b.jpg

The Little Mermaid girl is Christy Marie, who usually dresses up as Slave Leia

I thought her smile looked familiar. Really a nice girl.

Nah....I have so many posters and prints I don't know what to do with them all. 99% are in tubes in my closet.

If you want them, PM me your address and I'll get them out to you this week. :duff

Can't we share them :pray::pray:

Back