Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
question for arh and av…I just got the diorama/snake piece in..there are peg holes in the base where the snake plugs in but there are no pegs coming out of the snake going into the base; it appears that the snake would just plug in, but there are no grooves or anything..the tail part sticks in and the small U shaped looking piece does as well without any pegs, but the curved snake body part doesn't..its really rocky and not stable..am I doing this wrong? Thanks..

aside from that, its honestly an AMAZING looking piece..wow

Thats good to hear. I am sorry I have to ask Arahom what this solution may be. I will try to get back to you but with the show its very difficult to answer all the questions promptly. Would you be able to take a quick picture and post here, this way I can just show Arahom tomorrow and post here the answer.

It's a bit sad that folks who ordered from Sideshow get their statues way first and the folks who wanted to support ARH by ordering everything direct from them have to wait ...

It's a bit sad that folks who ordered from Sideshow get their statues way first and the folks who wanted to support ARH by ordering everything direct from them have to wait ...

Not an issue, they are at the NYCC and will be at their container shortly after that.

I waited 5 months for SS Superman, now that was sad.

I know it's not world moving and doesn't take anything away from the beautiful statues arh is making but it shouldn't be that someone ordering direct from arh has disadvantages because of that, even if they are minor. Arh collected the money long time ago and no statues arrived as of now. With Sideshow money has to be paid when the statues ship and statues are shipping way before direct arh ordering. I only point out that if arh has advantages from ordering direct from them, they should take care that this doesn't come with disadvantages.

Not an issue,
I waited 5 months for SS Superman, now that was sad.

I bet you didn't have to pay for Superman until it was ready to ship... Really ready...many of us thought we were gonna get this in August. I bet we won't get it in our homes till Nov

I know it's not world moving and doesn't take anything away from the beautiful statues arh is making but it shouldn't be that someone ordering direct from arh has disadvantages because of that, even if they are minor. Arh collected the money long time ago and no statues arrived as of now. With Sideshow money has to be paid when the statues ship and statues are shipping way before direct arh ordering. I only point out that if arh has advantages from ordering direct from them, they should take care that this doesn't come with disadvantages.

I bet you didn't have to pay for Superman until it was ready to ship... Really ready...many of us thought we were gonna get this in August. I bet we won't get it in our homes till Nov I bet.

I see your points. I guess it's growing pains for ARH. They are so small a company at this point that they can't do things the same way SS can who is flush with capitol and don't have to wait for PO monies to help start production. They definitely are not as flush with capitol. It's probably why they are taking payments on the Frazetta items now, so they have capitol to get things done. I just paid in full for two pieces at NYCC. I won't see them for at least a year.

Hopefully they get enough orders on their new line to bump up their financial status and help them grow so they can improve on these things.

Missing money isn't the problem. Problem is that while ARH are top notch with the quality of their statues, they are really bad at keeping promises and doesn't learn from their faults too. How long they told us that they will use better styro. And now their new statues get shipped in the same old styro, while they say every statue that for the next they will use better styro. They say that statues will ship this month, knowing that they don't have control over the statues and then have to break their promise month after month because the statues aren't ready to be shipped from china or stuck at custom. I don't blame Arh for this thing, they cannot do something against it i think, but they could learn from their mistakes and don't announce things they know they cannot keep. They said statues will ship beginning of october, while knowing that nycc starts there. Now they say nycc is and they cannot ship the statues. I mean they knew the date of nycc long before. So why promise something when knowing that it won't happen.

I'm a big fan of their art and understand that it's costy and they need money upfront, but it seems like they laugh at me for that, when they say it could be beginning of november when the statues ship, while sideshow buyers will have their statues month ago.

And one problem us buyers probably won't know about, but they cannot declare the value of their statues correctly so every statue gets hold up at customs of my homeland and i have to clear up the value mess with customs. That costs usually another two weeks. Whats so hard about declaring correct value of the statues.

The Styrofoam is a definite let down. But in their defense Pop Culture Shock isn't much better. I figure the smaller companies cut corners where they can to save on cost. Apparently good Styrofoam raises the costs quite a bit. Problem is if they would ask us I'm sure we would all opt for better quality. What they don't understand is better quality foam means better protection when shipped for long distances.

So the first picture is just showing how on the ends of the snake there is no peg or anything like that; its a totally flat surface that doesn't 'click' into anything, despite there being a peg hole, see picture 2. So that piece is (I would think) supposed to plug into the peg hole so that it will click in and not be loose. Thoughts? 2014-10-11 14.44.34.jpg2014-10-11 14.47.13.jpg2014-10-11 14.55.11.jpg

The Styrofoam is a definite let down. But in their defense Pop Culture Shock isn't much better. I figure the smaller companies cut corners where they can to save on cost. Apparently good Styrofoam raises the costs quite a bit. Problem is if they would ask us I'm sure we would all opt for better quality. What they don't understand is better quality foam means better protection when shipped for long distances.

Yeah I agree. If we're spending this much already I think most of us wouldn't mind paying a few bucks more for better foam right?

ARH and PCS do seem to be in the same boat in regards to their production methods. Overall their products are expectional but it's the little things that need to be upgraded and taken care of better. Look no further than XM as to what a small startup company can do by going all out in the beginning.

So the first picture is just showing how on the ends of the snake there is no peg or anything like that; its a totally flat surface that doesn't 'click' into anything, despite there being a peg hole, see picture 2. So that piece is (I would think) supposed to plug into the peg hole so that it will click in and not be loose. Thoughts? View attachment 138944View attachment 138945View attachment 138947

I think the Chinese worker forgot to add a peg...IMHO of course

Can you take photos without flash a2themonster? Let us see this bad ass dio from every angle and hurrrrrry!:)

I wish..i ordered conan thru arh so I don't have that piece yet I just have the snake/girl which was ordered thru SS..and since I can't put the snake in I can't really fully assemble it because the head rests on it so so gently and I'm not risking any damage to it you know?..I'll say this tho..i think the girl looks really good in person, the snake is HUGE, its massive..the base is easily double the size of my custom batman on a lion piece base and that base I thought was big…I wish I had conan to go with it..I got the ax and two head portraits just no body lol

You should contact SS immediatly, they can as well let you know about the product specifics. If this is the situation, I guess they must send you a replacement.

Back