Are we too easily pleased?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said I'm positive SideShow will release a statement about the ES issue. Idk about the hilt. Does it really bother you? Why? For me, I just look at the beautiful statue. There are LOTS and LOTS of weapons and trinkets to look at on him. One little hilt is such a small detail on such a detail rich piece I simply don't care. I get over the fact that if he has the empty hand displayed and no light saber hilt...well. I don't really care that he's missing his saber. Maybe he left it at home. Idk.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE SS stuff. Almost all of it but I'm not afraid to speak up when I think someones starting to pull my chain.

I'd still go back to my favourite restaurant if they sold me a crap steak. Just as long as it's acknowledged somewhere and it didn't happen again.

As far as I can see SS only tell you that your entitled to a full refund which I am anyway by law. It's almost like they just don't care at all and I guess why should they if we are going to buy it anyway....:dunno

They also tell you that....

Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles

Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change.

...and since placing an order does not mean that you dropped x hundreds of dollars, you're not getting taken for so much as a dime. They refund NRD's under certain circumstances (I've heard of them doing it for each of the reasons mentioned above), and they refund shipping as well (something for which I don't believe there is any legal requirement).

They also tell you that....

...and since placing an order does not mean that you dropped x hundreds of dollars, you're not getting taken for so much as a dime. They refund NRD's under certain circumstances (I've heard of them doing it for each of the reasons mentioned above), and they refund shipping as well (something for which I don't believe there is any legal requirement).

You say that though as if they are doing you a favour. That's not good customer service, that's the minimum requirement on planet Earth. Most of the time collectors don't want a refund either. They really appreciate the piece and the work that went into it, it's just that they feel slightly disappointed at the level of QC in a couple of area's.

These aren't minor gripes. Everybody knows that paint apps and moulds don't come from the factory like the proto, that would be silly. Entire missing pieces, glaring spelling/numbering issues and changed colour pallets on the other hand are another ball game.

If you don't complain you don't get. That's the way the world works. Apparently though voicing a dislike is unbelievably seen as troll like behaviour and we should vacate the thread because "nothings perfect"? Amazing really.

Anyway the this thread will be a merry-go-round. I guess the answer is there are people out there with similar concerns but there are also a lot of people happy with the company.

I guess that means business as usual!

You say that though as if they are doing you a favour. That's not good customer service, that's the minimum requirement on planet Earth. Most of the time collectors don't want a refund either. They really appreciate the piece and the work that went into it, it's just that they feel slightly disappointed at the level of QC in a couple of area's.

These aren't minor gripes. Everybody knows that paint apps and moulds don't come from the factory like the proto, that would be silly. Entire missing pieces, glaring spelling/numbering issues and changed colour pallets on the other hand are another ball game.

If you don't complain you don't get. That's the way the world works. Apparently though voicing a dislike is unbelievably seen as troll like behaviour and we should vacate the thread because "nothings perfect"? Amazing really.

Anyway the this thread will be a merry-go-round. I guess the answer is there are people out there with similar concerns but there are also a lot of people happy with the company.

I guess that means business as usual!

Sadly, your post is 'right on the money' (pun intended). And those of us who see the drastic policy, Qc, pricing, & over all quality changes worsen, we will be destined to suffer regardless of our legit concerns, as too many settle for too little.:slap:mad::dunno

How does that make any sense? Oh, wait. It doesn't.

Essentially you're telling me that if I purchase anything from Sideshow (or any other company for that matter) and there's a flaw with it, rather than addressing that flaw I should simply ignore it and stop buying from them?

Yes either that or stop b****ing about over and over again, you got an average of around 8 posts a day since you joined, get a life, you really need it

Do you realize how narrow-minded you sound?

No, actually I don't. If a seller of >anything< keeps disapointing me and not living up to the promised standards I vote with my money and move on. You're narrow-minded - by your standards even a Monet or Picasso would have flaws.

I now fully know what to expect when buying Sideshow's merchandise. Unfortunately, as I've said in an earlier post, there aren't any other options. It's Sideshow or nothing. For me, the positives outweigh the negatives. Does that mean I'm going to ignore Sideshow's screw-ups? Hell no. They deserve criticism. I'm a customer. I'm gonna criticize them when it's deserved.

Instead of addressing the problem and hoping for some sort of improvement, just ignore it and run away. That's the spirit.

So we can expect nothing but more complaining :monkey1 Apparently you have complained for years and nothing have changed (by your standards) so excatly how long do you intend to keep trying? Will you never ever give up? At some point even you must give up but when? How any status with flaws will you keep buying before you give up? There must be a limit somewhere.

Before I respond, I'd like everyone to note how rude and immature this person is acting for no apparent reason. :lol

Yes either that or stop b****ing about over and over again, you got an average of around 8 posts a day since you joined, get a life, you really need it
AKA "I know you're right, and I've got no defense, so I'm going to result to insulting you."

Real mature, genius.

No, actually I don't. If a seller of >anything< keeps disapointing me and not living up to the promised standards I vote with my money and move on. You're narrow-minded - by your standards even a Monet or Picasso would have flaws.
My standards aren't even that high. :dunno

I simply want the quality I'm paying hundreds of dollars for. How hard is that to understand?

So we can expect nothing but more complaining :monkey1 Apparently you have complained for years and nothing have changed (by your standards) so excatly how long do you intend to keep trying? Will you never ever give up? At some point even you must give up but when? How any status with flaws will you keep buying before you give up? There must be a limit somewhere.
You're damn right you can expect more complaining. As long as complaints are warranted, I'll be making them.

People like you are the reason Sideshow won't change though, unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE SS stuff. Almost all of it but I'm not afraid to speak up when I think someones starting to pull my chain.

I'd still go back to my favourite restaurant if they sold me a crap steak. Just as long as it's acknowledged somewhere and it didn't happen again.

As far as I can see SS only tell you that your entitled to a full refund which I am anyway by law. It's almost like they just don't care at all and I guess why should they if we are going to buy it anyway....:dunno

You didn't answer my question which was,

"As I said I'm positive SideShow will release a statement about the ES issue. Idk about the hilt. Does it really bother you? Why? For me, I just look at the beautiful statue. There are LOTS and LOTS of weapons and trinkets to look at on him. One little hilt is such a small detail on such a detail rich piece I simply don't care. I get over the fact that if he has the empty hand displayed and no light saber hilt...well. I don't really care that he's missing his saber. Maybe he left it at home. Idk."

I'm staying out of this thread, like they say if you have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all. I guess you all get my point. I could whine on about too many issues. So I'm outta here. It's for the better for everyone.

I'm staying out of this thread, like they say if you have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all. I guess you all get my point. I could whine on about too many issues. So I'm outta here. It's for the better for everyone.

I thught this thread was for complaining about the decline in standard of Sideshow.

So it's more like... If you've got nothing bad to say don't say anything at all :lol

The only thing of my most recent purchases to complain about is the hollowness ot Rhino. That's only a complaint i have when i carry it and that's often

Granted there are sometimes issues - but no where near as many or as often as the screamer trolls would have you believe.

For every person that is a complainer:

-there are 100 that are perfectly happy with the items they get.

-there are 50 people that are perfectly happy until they read a complaint on a forum and then go along with the troll herd and figure there must be something wrong.

-there are 3 or 4 people that actually bought the item and have a legitimate complaint.

Doctor Who thread? :lol

I've had issue with some of Sideshow's stuff before, but they've always impressed me with their CS... even going the extra mile to cover stuff coming from HT. The one saving grace here is that if you're ever really unhappy with the overall aesthetic, you can always find a buyer to get you your money back and more. For everything else, SSC is pretty good at replacements. No need to get upset.

As for the "limited" mispelling, that is embarrassing but considering how mind blowing the sculpt is, I wouldn't call it a dealbreaker. It sounds like something Hulk would do anyway, lol.

His eyebrows are funky but if you pay attention during the film, you'll see that was how he was mapped to CGI.
^ Good luck finding a buyer to 'get your money back and more' on open edition pieces like the Hulk Maquette. :cuckoo:

This thread is page after page of lolz from whingers. If you're not happy with the figs don't buy them problem solved.

f-this.gif

Compelling and rich, would read again.

You didn't answer my question which was,

"As I said I'm positive SideShow will release a statement about the ES issue. Idk about the hilt. Does it really bother you? Why? For me, I just look at the beautiful statue.

Well I thought my answer was obvious. No, it doesn't really bother me that much but I'm also thinking about getting the Vader Mythos statue. Going on the general attitude of some collectors, I'll expect the hilt not to be in the box because that's just part of the program. :lecture

You'd think the complainers were *****ing about too much salt on their caviar.:slap These cost a lot of money to most normal folk. Asking for small details to be rectified or even acknowledged is not a big ask in my opinion.

I like Sideshow as a company, I'm not at the gates with a pitchfork.:lol

An update was just sent out with regards the Obi-wan statue. They have acknowledged the error with the number (although I still don't quite understand the solution given) and offered a $25 voucher.

Now that's more like it. I guess we'll never know if it was due to shouting from the roof tops or not!

Fair play SS. You came back with an answer. :clap

NECA doesn't make statues genius. They make little $15 figures.

If my rational thinking and complaints bother you so much, maybe you're the one who should leave.

Actually they do and they are frakin awesome :)
motu_skeletor_statue2.jpg

Back