Are there two different X-Men pf Lines?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not so sure the bases are that random or purely based on pose. I'm sticking with the theory I listed before until SS goes against it: 90s Costume except Cyclops = X, not 90s costume = environment.
I'd say SSC has already gone against it with Cyclops, peedi. :)

Although going forward I think they should have a few more bases match Cyclops' base so we get a mix of Xs and rock bases for the 90s team.

Then there'd be no reasoning behind it - that would make the bases... random or purely based on pose. :wink1:

I'd say SSC has already gone against it with Cyclops, peedi. :)

^ Gambit had the 1st X. Cyclops was right after him, then Rogue and everyone following on an X. I don't think they decided to use it again after Gambit except for Rogue so I agree that Cyclops' base probably was based on pose, I just dont think this is true for all of them. Once they did Rogue and moved to Psylocke is when they said in Ask SS they'd continue using X bases going forward. Cyclops predates that decision. That's why I think he's the only 90s version not on an X. If he was planned after Rogue I bet they'd have come up with a pose to fit the X, but none of us really know.

Then there'd be no reasoning behind it - that would make the bases... random or purely based on pose. :wink1:

Or once you pic a themed base a pose is chosen to work on that base. Like the upcoming Jean PF. It's 90s Jean so she will be on an X. Since an X is predetermined for her I think they'd have to pose her accordingly, because the base was chosen 1st. But my suggestion for more rock bases has reasoning, I already gave it: It's just something I think would work and provide a nice mix among the Xs. It would also not leave Cyclops the only 90s version not on an X. 90s X-Men would be on an X or rock, not entirely random. Plus since Cyclops' base has Magneto's helmet, Magneto on a rock would make sense. If Beast was on a rock he'd match them plus fit in well with Avengers.

But I also think using the X helps them to save money.

Last edited:
^ Gambit had the 1st X. Cyclops was right after him, then Rogue and everyone following on an X. I don't think they decided to use it again after Gambit except for Rogue so I agree that Cyclops' base probably was based on pose, I just dont think this is true for all of them. Once they did Rogue and moved to Psylocke is when they said in Ask SS they'd continue using X bases going forward. Cyclops predates that decision. That's why I think he's the only 90s version not on an X. If he was planned after Rogue I bet they'd have come up with a pose to fit the X, but none of us really know.

If so, that doesn't say much about Sideshow's planning - which doesn't actually surprise me. :monkey1 It really sounds like a lazy afterthought.

But my suggestion for more rock bases has reasoning, I already gave it: It's just something I think would work and provide a nice mix among the Xs. It would also not leave Cyclops the only 90s version not on an X. 90s X-Men would be on an X or rock, not entirely random.

I still don't think there's any rhyme or reason to that. On an aesthetic level it would add variety indeed - I'm just not sure it would really look that good. I mean, giving some of them nature-based bases while the others are on... a giant red X? If they really are after some kind of uniformity they could have done better than that.

Plus since Cyclops' base has Magneto's helmet, Magneto on a rock would make sense.

Again, I think you're giving them too much credit for what I consider are just nice little touches. The Ultron PF wasn't in any way related to the Cap PF, and yet there you have that head on the latter's base. For it to really "make sense", the Magneto PF should come without his helmet. :)

No, in my opinion, the Gore Group's Spidey trifecta is a project which was clearly conceived to be displayed together. The rest of PFs? Not so much. I think they're more or less making them up as they go.

But I also think using the X helps them to save money.
Yes, no doubt about it. Uninspired and cheap. :monkey1

Back