ARC Trooper Squad WIPs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eukalyptus

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of building some ARC Troopers. Trying some new stuff as well as go mix & match parts. I'm also not going to have every trooper have a rangefinder or kama. Not every trooper needs those and each will be equipped as I think them fit for their purpose.

Constructive advise is very much appreciated, I'm not that seasoned in painting as some of you guys are.

Please excuse the kitchen pics. It's also late and dark here. I'll post better pics when the weather allows to. Hope you'll enjoy them nonetheless :)

Commander

This is obviously just Bly with a backpack and 2 DiD ammo pouches taped to it. The straps didn't stay put when putting the backpack on (same happened to me with the Sandtroopers back then), so I just glued the darn thing to his back :panic:

arc%20commander%20001.jpg
arc%20commander%20002.jpg

arc%20commander%20003.jpg
arc%20commander%20004.jpg

Heavy Gunner

When I got Echo & Fives, I had no idea they'd already be announced as ARC versions, so I just took the parts visually interesting to build a new and unique trooper. I like the rotary blaster paintings so much that I used those twice and the purpose was clear pretty quick. I just slapped on Rex' kama and a DiD ammo pouch. He doesn't need a rangefinder as his weapon is not exactly the sniping type. Now I do think he's missing something. May that IG-88 belt. Ideas?

arc%20gunner%20001.jpg
arc%20gunner%20002.jpg

arc%20gunner%20003.jpg
arc%20gunner%20004.jpg

Sniper

He's a very, very early WIP and nowhere near being finished. He'll get a scarf (I like this very much https://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/...ze_05___clone_sniper_by_xjapanrox-d4diood.jpg), but I'm not sure what else to add.

arc%20sniper%20001.jpg
arc%20sniper%20002.jpg

I love the scarf visual, im not sure what else the sniper could use, he looks a bit plain but the scarf might be enough.
for the heavy gunner I would add something to his chest/shoulder area maybe a pauldron over the shoulder opposite the gun design.
originally i was going to say maybe a strap and one of those small shoulder pieces like Bacara and Neyo have would look good, but it would make it very vusually similar to the sniper.
anyway great work so far.

Took your advise and tried the pauldron approach. I still had the backpack straps and put them to good use here. I'm quite happy with the result. Unfortunately, I couldn't put both pouches on the same side because of the way they're designed to go onto a belt. And now I wish I had something for his helmet, too...

:gah:

100_5392.jpg

100_5393.jpg

100_5394.jpg

100_5395.jpg

Been playing with him all day long.

At first, I just removed the kama and changed the arm and left thigh parts. Too much red. Then I changed the feet and got this:

100_5396.jpg

100_5397.jpg

This was the Cody vibe I was going for, but still too much red. So I changed the hands as well and I was pleased with the result. He also inherited the IG belt and a holster for his chest to somewhat hide the Coruscant Guard logo.

100_5399.jpg

100_5400.jpg

100_5401.jpg

100_5403.jpg

Maybe the scarf and a hood would look cool. Or like a poncho type deal so he can use it to blend. Just thinking the practical uses lol

Back