Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

I just wanted to show a little tweak I did with my Aragorn, nothing major at all. I was noticing that just about everyone's scabbard's was sitting pretty high and close to his belt, and mine was hanging lower. I wasn't sure if that's just the way they made it, and maybe mine was the odd one out but regardless I decided to change it a bit. So I took the first strap and put it against his belt with a tiny bit of super glue, and I took the second strap and slid it along his belt so it raised his scabbard up and more at an angle. Anyway like I said it's minor but it's the first time I've ever tweaked a statue so I thought I would share it. I feel kind of proud of myself, even though what I did wasn't much at all, I feel like a mini-customizer :lol. Here's a few before and after pics. I'm still extremely happy with him and I'm glad to see more and more people are loving him as well.

Here's 2 before shots, sorry for the flash, they were just quick shots.
Picture758.jpg

Picture759.jpg

And here's 2 after shots.
Picture760.jpg

Picture761.jpg

On second thought, the sterner look makes this PF a perfect match with the Lurtz PF. In the movie they do face off, and the look he has, and the base confirms that. So, even though SS does not state it as a companion piece, that lower shot by QGF sold me that it doesn't hurt to aim for that presentation and confrontation pose. Lurtz definitely has that smug look that he just killed Boromir, and Aragorn has the determination to redeem his human brethren by beating the snot out of Lurtz.

I still don't like it. Everything is great except his face- he still looks evil. I am surprised so many think this PF is so wonderful. :confused:

Just unpacked mine and wow. Looks so amazing. It's Viggo in every possible way. You should know the chicken little syndrome by now. This thing is amazing in hand and I'd say the second best human likeness behind ANH Obi for a PF.

The wait for mine is killing me. Via FedEx it'll be only a two day wait but since I just ordered I'm sure I'm last in line....

The regular probably will but I seriously doubt the exclusive will hit GC status. It seems to be quite popular (despite the hair breakage issue)

Gandalf the White never made it to the GC, this probably won't either.

I am more than pleased to see the reaction, I NEED more LOTR PFs -- or at least a Theoden in armor. :monkey5

I'll be last in line because I have to wait until Sideshow gets back to me on my exchange. Then I have to mail it off and wait for it to come back, hopefully intact this time. :(

Don't wanna say the same thing over and over again, but this piece looks sooo incredibly good. Can't wait to get mine. It's on the way.

And, after seeing the proto again few pages before, it's the first time I'm actually thinking the production piece beats the proto. Yez! :gun

By the way, if anyone is interested how long it takes to get him when you're in the EU (status is "backorder"), I just contacted Sideshow... It takes them about 12 working days to ship him from the US warehouse (where it's "in stock") to the EU warehouse. From there it takes another 5 working days to deliver to your door. So it's about three weeks total (counting weekends in).

Oh, and they charge your credit card once the figure leaves the US warehouse... :)

Thanks Lost Ark for checking that out so I will probably have mine by 2012!!! :lol Its agony and ecstasy watching these great photos, this PF looks like its another one of those that looks MUCH better in hand as is regularly the case!
I notice some of the previous photos some of you have the fringe hair strand piece (that breaks!) lower down than others in fact in some photos its almost in his eyes! Does it move that much?

I actually prefer the production HS versus the Proto HS. The Proto had a blank look on his face and resembled Viggo. The Production has a determined look and is dead on Viggo. Love it.

As one of the few who vocalized my approval of the change of heads and pose.....:dance:stick Ye of little faith....:rolleyes:

Back