Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

My guess is 500. It might be as high as 750 (for those who want it to be a companion piece for Lurtz), but I can't see it being any higher than that.

Fine with me. I got mine so the ES is all good from there.

i dont think there is really 50 left. its an open edition. the low quanity alert is just a warning that it is going to close soon. probably tomorrow. then the edition size will be set.

It is not an open edition--let me quote Sideshow here, just to clear up any confusion:

What does the term Open Edition mean?

An open edition means that the product was not limited by a certain number but by manufacturing days. In some cases open edition product may be currently in manufacturing or limited to what is currently in stock. When an open edition is listed as retired it means that it is limited to the amount of items remaining in stock.
Due to the amount of products and multiple warehouses that we serve, we can not provide specific numbers of what exactly remains nor can we quote specific open edition run sizes.

In this case, there will most definitely be a limited number produced--we just don't know what that number is yet. This has not been advertised as an open edition (like some of the early SS/W pieces, whose edition sizes will never be known) or an inclusive edition (like Darth Maul) but as a typical limited edition piece whose edition size will be revealed this week or next, I imagine, and each piece will bear the individual edition number on the bottom. Open edition items do not have a unique number printed on the base.

So, here's a question:
1) When you put on the exclusive hand, do you need to insert the elven knife into the hand, or does the hand already come with a knife?
2) If the answer to the above question is that it comes with it pre-loaded, will the knife in its scabbard actually be removable?

I'm trying to decide whether it's even worth getting the exclusive version. Any reason why the exclusive would be the way to go?

So, here's a question:
1) When you put on the exclusive hand, do you need to insert the elven knife into the hand, or does the hand already come with a knife?
2) If the answer to the above question is that it comes with it pre-loaded, will the knife in its scabbard actually be removable?

I'm trying to decide whether it's even worth getting the exclusive version. Any reason why the exclusive would be the way to go?
probably a smaller edition size. if that matters to you. im still hoping for a removable hilt on the knife in scabbard like the knives on the legolas 12in fig.

So, here's a question:
2) If the answer to the above question is that it comes with it pre-loaded, will the knife in its scabbard actually removable?

I'm going to guess that the hand is sculpted holding the knife.

I imagine that the scabbard, although hidden from view behind his cloak, will have either a removable hilt or be removable/swappable itself to allow for either display option.

I think that this is a case where the regular version looks better, and if you would rather get it cheaper from a retailer then this is a safe piece to skip the exclusive. However, if you're getting it direct then you might as well get the exclusive anyway. The regular will be the same price for less, and have a larger edition size.

It is not an open edition--let me quote Sideshow here, just to clear up any confusion:

In this case, there will most definitely be a limited number produced--we just don't know what that number is yet. This has not been advertised as an open edition (like some of the early SS/W pieces, whose edition sizes will never be known) or an inclusive edition (like Darth Maul) but as a typical limited edition piece whose edition size will be revealed this week or next, I imagine, and each piece will bear the individual edition number on the bottom. Open edition items do not have a unique number printed on the base.
im not buying that. if that is true then the actual edition size would have been posted already. plus the anakin PF would have most likely sold out already since star wars seems to be much popular than LOTR. but it seems that they are selling at the same rate if both only have 50 left.

All I can tell you is that there will definitely be a set and announced edition size for this piece, which is not the case with open editions. The fact that a piece does not have a definite predetermined and announced ES when the preorder starts does not make it an open edition. They have a ball park edition size in mind and they let the orders run a bit to accomodate unexpected or untested interest, and then close and announce the edition size. That is not the same as either an inclusive or open edition, but nevermind.

I would guess that there will be 1000-1250 exclusive Anakins and 500-750 exclusive Aragorns.

I would guess that there will be 1000-1250 exclusive Anakins and 500-750 exclusive Aragorns.

I would agree with those estimates. In regards to the exclusives, I would not be surprised if they make 1500 Anakins. That's just the nature of the SW license. They'll make 750 Aragorns just to match up with Lurtz since that one was well received as well.

yupp less then 50 left and I am hoping the edition size is 500 like GTW. Just watched the Backstage Pass and boy am I looking forward to this piece.

:banana

The site now says Low Quantity

Only 50 left.

My thoughts exactly. My sister makes fun of me that I still am buying and playing with collectibles(she calls them toys) and says I waste my money but when she goes out and buys some goofy ass $300 purse.:rotfl:lol

That's when you tell her to go play princess dress up while you enjoy your collectables. People rarely understand others hobbies unless they've dabbled in it themselves. Very few have the unique ability to see things from others POV.

Me...I'm a brokeass MOFO because I try to dabble in everything :)

I was on the fence with this one, but I think I'll place an order anyway. I can always cancel later.

and we've just gotten one of the best freaks-banners i've seen, thanks frankenfan

I just checked the SS site, and sure enough, there is only about 20 left....Of an edition size of....TBD???:confused::confused::monkey1

How can they say there are only 20 left, when apparently, according to the product page....it is STILL TBD???

It would be nice if SS could up-date their pages, and inform their customers when they have an ES...instead of waiting until it sells out..But, either way I suppose it doesn't really matter...Just slack I.T. staff I suppose..:monkey5

Back