Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I look at the new maquette, the more I think this is the ideal line for LOTR. The PFs are nice, but considering how many characters I would like to see in my collection, space (and price) would be a big problem.

Plus, the detail and likeness on this maquette are absolutely amazing.

Decisions, decisions...

In a perfect world, the maquette would be 1/4 scale and mixed media. :lecture

Oh and thanks for the group shot RoboDad.

PFs still hold the #1 spot for me - at least as long as space holds out - they just command more of a presence when on display; but the statue line is certainly promising, I look forward to getting some "hole fillers."

:yess:

PFs still hold the #1 spot for me - at least as long as space holds out - they just command more of a presence when on display; but the statue line is certainly promising, I look forward to getting some "hole fillers."

:yess:

I agree! PFs are still number one with me as well, but I'm getting these as well.

Statues are best to me. I have a full wall and a half with SSW statues and they look great together, but having the same number of PF's, you'd need at least a couple of rooms!

Great shots guys! :rock

You know, I think I still prefer the PF though. Didn't think I would.

If the PF had the duster I would prefer it over this, but that's not the case for me.

Even if I thought the likeness of the PF was better, which I don't.... the maquette just has a classic, timeless quality to it, something I don't sense with the PF. :dunno

Statues are best to me. I have a full wall and a half with SSW statues and they look great together, but having the same number of PF's, you'd need at least a couple of rooms!

And I'm sure the fact the PF's utilize fabric's doesn't exactly work in their favour. :wink1: I'm with you though, The PF line, with a few exceptions, has been excellent.....but given the size, significantly faster prod. rate, and outstanding quality of the maquettes so far...they work best for me. :)

the Aragorn SS statue is the best likeness, easy (IMO).

I hate to say it, but the Weta one isn't even close (and I owned it at one point).

The maquette line for me is the best. I am in from the beginning and have them all (exclusive) on order.

I'm hoping this line keeps going and stays strong for awhile. If we getat least 20 pieces in the line, I'd be very happy.

the Aragorn SS statue is the best likeness, easy (IMO).

I hate to say it, but the Weta one isn't even close (and I owned it at one point).

The maquette line for me is the best. I am in from the beginning and have them all (exclusive) on order.

I'm hoping this line keeps going and stays strong for awhile. If we get at least 20 pieces in the line, I'd be very happy.

As long as the support is there, I think you're going to be very happy because we're going to see alot more than 20 statues. :)

With what we have coming now and everything they have confirmed, I count 8 - which sure seems like a great start. Considering all that is coming is good guys; they truly just have scratched the surface.

So glad to be in since the beginning, I see big things for this line!!

With what we have coming now and everything they have confirmed, I count 8 - which sure seems like a great start. Considering all that is coming is good guys; they truly just have scratched the surface.

So glad to be in since the beginning, I see big things for this line!!

I'm at 10 myself, including the MOS [currently in design] and the Prologue Elven Warrior [based on the sneak peek]. And that doesn't include the yet to be determined Sauron statue which may or may not be a maquette. :dunno

So which are they?

Aragorn
Gandalf
Legolas
Gimli
Arwen
Boromir
Faramir
Eomer
Mouth of Sauron

and then possibly Prologue Elven Warrior and Sauron.

Quite a start. :rock

Also forgot to add the hobbits to the list. So that's another 4 characters/2 statues we know about.

So out of the 22 characters I personally originally wanted, that's 13 confirmed already! :rock

Also forgot to add the hobbits to the list. So that's another 4 characters/2 statues we know about.

So out of the 22 characters I personally originally wanted, that's 13 confirmed already! :rock

As tempting as it is, I only included those maquettes which SS has confirmed as having already been designed or currently in the design process. For that reason I didn't include the Hobbits, Elrond, Denethor, Morgul Lord, Twilight Witch-King, or the Balrog....all of which SS has specifically said will be included in the maquette line somewhere down the road. :)

In all reality, I sure wish this line would have started in say 2008 or early 2009. With The Hobbit right around the corner, Sideshow will DEFINITELY shift focus away from LOTR and to Hobbit stuff...not that I am complaining cause that stuff will rock as well, but realy want Prologue Elf, Numenorean, Gondorian Soldier, Eomer, etc...and these are no where at all in Hobbit...

All I can say is I hope beyond all hope that this line has legs and can stand up through The 3-4 years of Hobbit domination! If Hobbit stuff is INCLUDED in this line (which is probably likely at this point), then the line could easily be 50-75 pieces! I can imagine them doing 2-3 Dwarves per base...brothers, etc (Kili/Fili, Ori/Dori/Nori, etc.)

In all reality, I sure wish this line would have started in say 2008 or early 2009. With The Hobbit right around the corner, Sideshow will DEFINITELY shift focus away from LOTR and to Hobbit stuff...not that I am complaining cause that stuff will rock as well, but realy want Prologue Elf, Numenorean, Gondorian Soldier, Eomer, etc...and these are no where at all in Hobbit...

All I can say is I hope beyond all hope that this line has legs and can stand up through The 3-4 years of Hobbit domination! If Hobbit stuff is INCLUDED in this line (which is probably likely at this point), then the line could easily be 50-75 pieces! I can imagine them doing 2-3 Dwarves per base...brothers, etc (Kili/Fili, Ori/Dori/Nori, etc.)

Well, at least you can take solice in the fact a Prologue Elven Warrior is on the way! :yess:

As for Hobbit-related collectibles we don't even know yet which lines SS will be granted licencing rights to.....if any. But whatever happens, I don't expect SS to shift focus away from LOTR at all. We're still talking about middle-earth here and it would make no sense for SS to begin a new line, only to put it on hold for several years while The Hobbit runs it's course.

Back