Apple's WWDC 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Apple's WDCC 2010

It was the nook and I took it back. LOL! I still want an iPad more. :lol So the phone ships on the 24th or is that just the date when the 3gs goes on sale?

ALL of the above. New iPhone 4s will be in stores on 6/24.

According to what we heard from Jobs the 24th is the street date.

It was the nook and I took it back. LOL! I still want an iPad more. :lol So the phone ships on the 24th or is that just the date when the 3gs goes on sale?

Haha I stopped reading the thread after you decided. If you want an iPad might be cool to also have an iPhone as well so they all work in harmony.

So what are you thinking, BadMoon?

The most important feature of the iPhone, to me, wasn't mentioned during the presentation: seamless integration with my computer.

With my iPhone, it's all automatic syncing with iTunes, iCal, AddressBook, etc. If I moved to Android, I'd have to rig up some sort of syncing system. Seems like a hassle.

On the surface, the Evo seem like the better deal considering the unlimited data and the larger screen, but I keep thinking of how I never have to think about syncing my phone. If I went with Android, figuring out how to get my data on the phone becomes an issue.

Decisions, decisions. I will have to ponder on this a while.

So what are you thinking, BadMoon?

The most important feature of the iPhone, to me, wasn't mentioned during the presentation: seamless integration with my computer.

With my iPhone, it's all automatic syncing with iTunes, iCal, AddressBook, etc. If I moved to Android, I'd have to rig up some sort of syncing system. Seems like a hassle.

If you have an Apple computer paying more $$ upfront for an iPhone is worth it for the ease of use.

I don't think this is ever going to happen. :(

I've been holding out for that too, but it looks like I'm going to be switching carriers.

It's going to happen eventually. Unfortunately, it probably won't be for a while since Apple signed 5 year exclusivity agreement with AT&T in 2007.

Sweet! I'm getting the 32gb preordered next week. Since they're letting folks do this up to six months early that easily covers me. May get the orange bumper not sure though.

It's going to happen eventually. Unfortunately, it probably won't be for a while since Apple signed 5 year exclusivity agreement with AT&T in 2007.

I'm glad that kind of long term deal only got signed in the states. All major companies sell iphones on contracts/outright in Canada.

Two reasons why iPhone won't be at Verizon anytime soon?

For one, Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) has proudly advertised that consumers can make calls and surf the Web simultaneously on the iPhone, but Verizon's CDMA network can't support that feature.

Secondly, Verizon is set to roll out its 4G network later this year, and AT&T will unveil its 4G network in 2011. Those networks will be on a new universal, global standard called LTE, making a 4G/LTE iPhone much more cost-effective for Apple

I guarantee you that whatever iPhone is due out in 2012 will be out for all and that'd be right around the exclusivity contracts ending.

I've heard the unlimited data plan current users will still have an unlimited data plan when they change the rules like they are "grandfathered in".

Is this true?

I've heard the unlimited data plan current users will still have an unlimited data plan when they change the rules like they are "grandfathered in".

Is this true?

That is what I am banking on but I am not sure we could a 100% confirmation on this yet.

According to what has been published yes. If you have it right now you can keep it or switch to the new.

According to what has been published yes. If you have it right now you can keep it or switch to the new.

Why would they do this? They have all of their customers by the balls and they have no where else to go. Why be nice?

Back