Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine finally showed up, number 309 and in pretty nice condition paint slops on the ribs few pencil marks but nothing to complain about. This things a beast very happy with him only my third PF but slowly getting more. Poor photos but you get the idea.

IMG10040.jpg

IMG10039.jpg

Thanks James. Yeah, I wanted this piece in the worst way. I honestly would have struggled mightly if I was put in the position some members here find themselves in. I will not keep a shoddy piece. However, Apoc is a MUST have character for me. I'd have been super pissed off if I had to return it. Just glad I didn't have to make that decision. I feel for all the peeps that do. No way we see another comic Apoc from SSC in long while and the sculpt on this one is amazing.

Definitely, Apo is not Hulk. Maybe in another 7 years they make another Apo hehehe

Definitely, Apo is not Hulk. Maybe in another 7 years they make another Apo hehehe

Yeah, if it even happens at all. I know some peeps around here said they'd pass on this for the eventual movie version. There's only 2 problems with that theory. First the movie version costume and the movie itself may suck. Secondly, what's the last X-MEN maquette SSC has released? I don't recall a single X-MEN movie version 1/4 scale statue released by SSC. I mean, you'd think we would have at least seen a Jackman Wolvie statue from SSC. He's way more popular than Apocalypse.

I really think an XM Apocalypse will be the next real shot peeps will have at owning another 1/4 scale Apocalypse. All I know is that SSC's Apocalypse is an incredible sculpt. If anyone can secure a piece with solid paint apps...do it. The EX is already selling between $900-$1000. I don't think we'll see a drop in price on him. I truly believe that demand for this piece will spike once he is completely sold out and only available in the aftermarket.

Yeah, if it even happens at all. I know some peeps around here said they'd pass on this for the eventual movie version. There's only 2 problems with that theory. First the movie version costume and the movie itself may suck. Secondly, what's the last X-MEN maquette SSC has released? I don't recall a single X-MEN movie version 1/4 scale statue released by SSC. I mean, you'd think we would have at least seen a Jackman Wolvie statue from SSC. He's way more popular than Apocalypse.

I really think an XM Apocalypse will be the next real shot peeps will have at owning another 1/4 scale Apocalypse. All I know is that SSC's Apocalypse is an incredible sculpt. If anyone can secure a piece with solid paint apps...do it. The EX is already selling between $900-$1000. I don't think we'll see a drop in price on him. I truly believe that demand for this piece will spike once he is completely sold out and only available in the aftermarket.

I think the X3 Beast was the last one and they couldn't give it away

This looks better than I expected with the real pics. I'm still going to have to pass and get gladiator hulk instead. To me that's much more impressive in terms do details and character display.

BIG MISTAKE. They are making thousands of the G Hulks and even releasing a King Hulk variant of the same sculpt. As a ES whore, you should know better than buying a PF with such a HUGE ES and a variant release to boot. :lol

Apocalypse has an ES of only 750 for the EX and 1500 for the REG. Combined, that's 2250. 750 pieces less than G Hulk alone (that doesn't even include whatever the ES will be for K Hulk). Look, there are a TON of options if you want a Hulk PF. I think it's safe to say we'll even see more Hulk PFs in the future. However, there will be only one SSC Apocalypse for a long time. If you want the EX right now, it'll set you back about $900-$1000. That price is only going to go up. SSC is even making less brown cardboard shippers for Apoc than G Hulk. That means you would have even had a rarer display stand with the Apoc PF. CBG, I think it's safe to say you blew it by passing on the Apocalypse PF for G Hulk.

Let's review. Apoc has a kick ass EX (G Hulk doesn't). Apoc has a smaller ES overall (G Hulk doesn't). SSC has released only one Apoc statue and I don't see anymore being released anytime soon (a bunch of SSC Hulk statues have been released with many more to come I'm sure). Apoc has less brown shippers (which means a rarer display stand in your collection). I have a strong feeling you are going to regret your decision. I see many sleepless nights ahead in your future because you passed on the piece with a lower ES. When you see Apoc going for 3 times it's original price in the aftermarket (because of the low ES) I want you to take a good hard look at your G Hulk PF (that'll probably still be selling at retail) and ask yourself....which statue REALLY looks better now? Enjoy that G Hulk statue CBG. :lol

BIG MISTAKE. They are making thousands of the G Hulks and even releasing a King Hulk variant of the same sculpt. As a ES whore, you should know better than buying a PF with such a HUGE ES and a variant release to boot. :lol

Apocalypse has an ES of only 750 for the EX and 1500 for the REG. Combined, that's 2250. 750 pieces less than G Hulk alone (that doesn't even include whatever the ES will be for K Hulk). Look, there are a TON of options if you want a Hulk PF. I think it's safe to say we'll even see more Hulk PFs in the future. However, there will be only one SSC Apocalypse for a long time. If you want the EX right now, it'll set you back about $900-$1000. That price is only going to go up. SSC is even making less brown cardboard shippers for Apoc than G Hulk. That means you would have even had a rarer display stand with the Apoc PF. CBG, I think it's safe to say you blew it by passing on the Apocalypse PF for G Hulk.

Let's review. Apoc has a kick ass EX (G Hulk doesn't). Apoc has a smaller ES overall (G Hulk doesn't). SSC has released only one Apoc statue and I don't see anymore being released anytime soon (a bunch of SSC Hulk statues have been released with many more to come I'm sure). Apoc has less brown shippers (which means a rarer display stand in your collection). I have a strong feeling you are going to regret your decision. I see many sleepless nights ahead in your future because you passed on the piece with a lower ES. When you see Apoc going for 3 times it's original price in the aftermarket (because of the low ES) I want you to take a good hard look at your G Hulk PF (that'll probably still be selling at retail) and ask yourself....which statue REALLY looks better now? Enjoy that G Hulk statue CBG. :lol

Wow, suicide prevention hotline is not your thing. :lol

But in all seriousness, you make a good point, whoever passed on this should get this ASAP as I agree it will be forever till SS revisits this one (Comic version) again. Even if they do, doubt it will look as good as this (if you are lucky to get a good one). Sure you could wait for XM but then you could have two kick ass sculpts of Apoc instead of just one. :lecture

other than the movie Juggernaut nope

Wow, just 2 statues in about 14 years of X-related movies. And not even a Wolvie MAQ among them. Yeah, I think it's safe to say an Apoc MAQ happening is a long shot at best.

OK, so #615 is in da house. I have had him inspected and displayed for awhile now. Given some of the QC issues being reported of late....I'm very happy to report my Apocalypse PF looks pretty f'n fantastic. First off, it's not perfect but it is certainly good. I can only see 2 real issues with my piece. I have a very small and thin black line on the inside of his thigh. Also, there seems to be 2 drops of what I think is excess glue on the back of his right shoulder pad. It's really hard to see because it looks like the glue was just painted over and can only be seen if you hold it up to a light at a certain angle. Honestly, these are things I wouldn't even mention if there wasn't so many QC issues reported with this piece of late. Overall, I have to say I'm quite happy with how my piece turned out. I hope all the peeps still waiting on theirs get a good piece.

Now as for the piece itself...WOW! This thing is massive and impressive. I love the pose, sculpt, and attitude in this piece. Apocalypse looks exactly as he should, large and menacing. He was a MUST have in my collection and I can truly say...I'm loving this PF! I'm so thankful that I wasn't put in a position where I was going to have to return this piece because of QC issues. Knowing this Apocalypse is out there and is not a part of my collection would have been gut wrenching for me. Now I just need a 1/4 scale Magneto to put next to him. Looks like the XM Mags is going to fill that bill.

Mine finally showed up, number 309 and in pretty nice condition paint slops on the ribs few pencil marks but nothing to complain about. This things a beast very happy with him only my third PF but slowly getting more. Poor photos but you get the idea.

View attachment 118451

View attachment 118452

Congrats Filip629 and Space-Man on scoring a good one. Filip629, this piece meant a lot to both of us, you must have been pretty anxious about what you get once that box arrived. Almost to the point of praying to the toilet bow god after a night of too much drinking. I know I was :rotfl

Wow, suicide prevention hotline is not your thing. :lol

But in all seriousness, you make a good point, whoever passed on this should get this ASAP as I agree it will be forever till SS revisits this one (Comic version) again. Even if they do, doubt it will look as good as this (if you are lucky to get a good one). Sure you could wait for XM but then you could have two kick ass sculpts of Apoc instead of just one. :lecture

My whole post to CBG was all just tongue and cheek laughs. If you get to know CBG and his antics, you'll understand I was just having a little fun at his expense. But, there is some truth amongst my jokes. An Apoc PF in good shape is going to command big $$$$ in the aftermarket. It'll be a hard piece to get down the line. As for XM, that piece will cost serious dollars to begin with (because of the characters size) and shipping costs are going to be brutal on that piece for international collectors. Additionally, we have no idea what it will look like. While not impossible, SSC's Apoc will be hard to top sculpt wise. It's truly a remarkable piece.

My whole post to CBG was all just tongue and cheek laughs. If you get to know CBG and his antics, you'll understand I was just having a little fun at his expense. But, there is some truth amongst my jokes. An Apoc PF in good shape is going to command big $$$$ in the aftermarket. It'll be a hard piece to get down the line. As for XM, that piece will cost serious dollars to begin with (because of the characters size) and shipping costs are going to be brutal on that piece for international collectors. Additionally, we have no idea what it will look like. While not impossible, SSC's Apoc will be hard to top sculpt wise. It's truly a remarkable piece.

Oh I knew you were just messing with him, I am familiar with is antics as he is the king of WL or picking up an item down the road at big discounts only to attempt to make a buck from collectors on this forum. He is just doing this thing.

Crap just read this and you may be right. Never knew ES is 1500 on the reg and so few for the ex. Is the WL still open for the ex? How do I find it? Is there a link?

Back