Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw this in-person the other day at a LCS....WOW. What a piece. Had I had a big connection to the source material, this would be a no brainer. This piece has such a presence.

Congrats to all who received theirs! :rock

Dude. these statues are seriously getting way too damn big to display. I was able to squeeze Apoc in somewhere, but what happens when my 5 other PO's come in... I am guessing everyone is dealing with this too right?

And those Damn boxes!!!! Apos box is stupid big. :panic: I almost want our statues to come in like 10 pieces so they can fit it in a shoe box.

Dude. these statues are seriously getting way too damn big to display. I was able to squeeze Apoc in somewhere, but what happens when my 5 other PO's come in... I am guessing everyone is dealing with this too right?

And those Damn boxes!!!! Apos box is stupid big. :panic: I almost want our statues to come in like 10 pieces so they can fit it in a shoe box.

From the beginning I set out to only get X amount of statues, and I'm sticking to it. (Until I move into a bigger place atleast. Hahaha) I made sure I would be able to store that amount too. But these damn boxes.... I have no place for them. None at all. But I can't get rid of them. Sigh. Damn boxes.

5egubute.jpg
bupuva7u.jpg
asesatys.jpg
6ususumy.jpg

aqy9usyn.jpg
ebyrune2.jpg
azupu8ep.jpg

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Welcome to the club! I see that you have same problems as me in several location.Do you ask a replacement?

Yeah the seem is way too large and the paint mess up on the bicep is NOT okay. GRRRRR QC issues for a 700 dollar statue are not cool. Mine will be here Wednesday and I am praying for no "Red arrows of DREAD"

In fact it's not bad painting on the bicep but some cracks...

really sorry to hear about the issues with this one. WHy SS continues to use these subpar factories is beyond me. Mine has shipped and I am more nervous than excited.

I look at the quality XM studios is providing (not a single issue reported about cap that I am aware of) and I know we should all be demanding more...

btw, I have the angel comiquettes and can provide a pic if someone doesn't beat me to it. I own the custom archangel as well (lovely piece). It is made by salt & pepper studios and was available in 3 versions (different paint jobs) but I think he is long sold out.

@shadowfox ha ha I have same issue with my base with that falling off.

@mister ski grats bro glad you like him. He was a beast at my party Sunday during world cup. I need to find the picture we took with our army of rust cohle empties around him lol

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

:lol That I would like to see.

really sorry to hear about the issues with this one. WHy SS continues to use these subpar factories is beyond me. Mine has shipped and I am more nervous than excited.

I look at the quality XM studios is providing (not a single issue reported about cap that I am aware of) and I know we should all be demanding more...

btw, I have the angel comiquettes and can provide a pic if someone doesn't beat me to it. I own the custom archangel as well (lovely piece). It is made by salt & pepper studios and was available in 3 versions (different paint jobs) but I think he is long sold out.

It's also $800 for a 1/4 scale figure... so over twice the price of most 1/4 human character sideshow statues. And it's 500 pieces total, so 500-1500 fewer than what sideshow generally makes between exclusive and regular editions. Throw 3 times to amount of statues to be made and ask it to be done for half the price and the same factories XM uses may not churn out perfection. You can't compare the two in my opinion unless it's simply "I like this aesthetic more." Otherwise it's kind of like comparing a $100 medicom figure to a $200 hot toy.

It's also $800 for a 1/4 scale figure... so over twice the price of most 1/4 human character sideshow statues. And it's 500 pieces total, so 500-1500 fewer than what sideshow generally makes between exclusive and regular editions. Throw 3 times to amount of statues to be made and ask it to be done for half the price and the same factories XM uses may not churn out perfection. You can't compare the two in my opinion unless it's simply "I like this aesthetic more." Otherwise it's kind of like comparing a $100 medicom figure to a $200 hot toy.
Everyone compares Medi to HT so that doesn't really gel. If your business is 1/4 scale statues than it's a fair comparison regardless of ES or cost, getting a quality product in the hands of your customer base is the bottom line. If a company can't manage to do that then they should reevaluate their business model, maybe cut down their ES to something they can manage instead of shipping out grade 5 painted statues.

It is absolutely a fair comparison. The price tag has more to do with shipping costs than anything else. Ask someone in Europe or Asia how much it costs to get a SS exclusive. But if you prefer, look at what GG was able to accomplish with their suckerpunch line.

If SS is suffering from growing pains, you would think they would take a step back and reassess their situation. Instead, they continue to acquire license after license and continue to spread themselves too thin. No real incentive to ensure better quality I guess when you're the only real game in town. Hopefully that changes sooner than later.

Everyone compares Medi to HT so that doesn't really gel. If your business is 1/4 scale statues than it's a fair comparison regardless of ES or cost, getting a quality product in the hands of your customer base is the bottom line. If a company can't manage to do that then they should reevaluate their business model, maybe cut down their ES to something they can manage instead of shipping out grade 5 painted statues.

That's fine. I'm not condoning mistakes or poor QC. Simply answering how can xm have such great qc and sideshow not with the obvious answer. Price point and ES, that's how. I think sideshow does pretty damn well. There are mistakes, there almost always are with prodcts of high quality.

And people may compare medi with hot toys, but I personally think it's a silly comparison. But that's a debate for another thread.

It is absolutely a fair comparison. The price tag has more to do with shipping costs than anything else. Ask someone in Europe or Asia how much it costs to get a SS exclusive. But if you prefer, look at what GG was able to accomplish with their suckerpunch line.

If SS is suffering from growing pains, you would think they would take a step back and reassess their situation. Instead, they continue to acquire license after license and continue to spread themselves too thin. No real incentive to ensure better quality I guess when you're the only real game in town. Hopefully that changes sooner than later.

Competition will be good for SSC, that's for sure.

Not sure what you are talking about with shipping costs... Most ssc 1/4
Figures are msrp $400 and similar scale for xm is $800. That has nothing to do with shipping cost to the buyer.

Hey guys is anyone not from the US having trouble getting theirs through customs? Mines been sitting in the same place for 3 days awaiting customs clearance?

Sounds about right. In the UK, I've had mine sit around for 3-4 days.
If you haven't already, open a Fed-Ex account and contact SS customer services to link it to your SS account.
Apparently this clears customs more quickly and you don't have to pay the additional £10 delivery fee.
I'll find out if this is true or not in July when Spidey gets here.

(if anyone can confirm or deny this then that would be really handy)

Figures are msrp $400 and similar scale for xm is $800. That has nothing to do with shipping cost to the buyer.

their msrp is $800 SGD which translates to about $640 US dollars. Still sounds like a lot, until you consider the number of switch out parts the statues come with. In the end, all I am saying is that we should be expecting more from SS, especially considering the rising costs of these things.

To comment on QC, I've had to deal with working with a chinese manufacturer for board game miniatures. It's hell. Our game is being held back by them by months and months. Also, you get to see samples of finished pieces, but not every piece individually before it gets put in the box. It would be so easy for bad eggs to fall in here and there.
Sideshow puts out so many pieces, and some come out flawless. Is it all from the same factory? If so, I think it's on the factory QC. I'm guessing they have a Forman, or someone like that walking down the line seeing if everything looks good. They probably miss **** all the time. The more difficult the statues, the easier it is for something to slip.
Sideshow needs to hire one of there own guys to watch over every figure before it goes in the box. We also don't know the working conditions over there , you are paying for cheaper labor.
In the end, I think it's a lot more difficult than we think, to uproot and move to a new factory. It would cost them months of work and buttload a of money. We just have to pray they train better and watch like a hawk over each worker. I want better QC too but I sympathize.

Your way off on your price here buddy. Cap was $650 delivered to my doorstep. It's dumbfounding to me as to why people are so quick to run out and protect SS. They are gouging you and me and everyone else in this hobby as their prices keep increasing and their quality is sub par and slipping. I haven't seen more then one or two statues of Apoc in this thread without issues and we give SS comfort in their 750 es? Get real with that crap. It doesn't matter if they make 10000 they have a responsibility to their customer to put out a product similar to the one we see when we commit in the form of an NRD. I'll pay 650 for every single statue XM puts out if they all show up as clean as Cap did. Why wouldn't you? Your paying 650 for a hunk of crap in the form of this apocolypse. I wish I could suck at my job and still have clients begging to work with me while I continued to jack up my hourly rate!

Your way off on your price here buddy. Cap was $650 delivered to my doorstep. It's dumbfounding to me as to why people are so quick to run out and protect SS. They are gouging you and me and everyone else in this hobby as their prices keep increasing and their quality is sub par and slipping. I haven't seen more then one or two statues of Apoc in this thread without issues and we give SS comfort in their 750 es? Get real with that crap. It doesn't matter if they make 10000 they have a responsibility to their customer to put out a product similar to the one we see when we commit in the form of an NRD. I'll pay 650 for every single statue XM puts out if they all show up as clean as Cap did. Why wouldn't you? Your paying 650 for a hunk of crap in the form of this apocolypse. I wish I could suck at my job and still have clients begging to work with me while I continued to jack up my hourly rate!

You should become a weatherman in Edmonton!

I started a thread on this months ago ..... SS is gouging the hell out of us. I have the money so I pay it because up until XM there was no one else in the game. Just look at old statues vs new ones. My Punisher Com was $250, the Thor PF was $325 and 1/4 Spiderman 1/4 was 299.99. Those might be some of the best pieces Sideshow EVER puts out. The shear size and detail of Thor is insane, but sideshow sees their popularity gaining steam and no competitors so they figure lets keep charging more and see how much we can get. I mean come on ..... for instance a character like Cat Woman ...while popular by no means should she command 399.99 and a 2000 EX edition size.

Back