Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W/O the glare from the glass...:yess:

Damn I just can't express enough how much I'm in love with this statue!
I'm sure it's going to have an ES. Why else would they make other S/O parts. The EX!
EX means ES!

Ah, I remember when you had one foot out of the door from collecting SS anymore. Good to see the fire back! :rock So we going to see some updated collection photos soon? :wave

This is the statue I have been waiting on for years! When I saw it at SDCC I almost teared up lol. Everything is perfect. Per the SS rep, the final version most likely will have a few minor changes. My only complaint is that of a personal preference. Would have like to see him with a huge blaster hand. Maybe the EX will have switch out hands.....

Definitely looks like we'll be getting one

Ah, I remember when you had one foot out of the door from collecting SS anymore. Good to see the fire back! :rock So we going to see some updated collection photos soon? :wave

:goodpost:...I never say never...:lecture

It took this statue and only this statue could rekindle that fire. I even let my smugmug photo account get closed out, because I was that serious about bowing out this hobby. One things for sure, I was seriously thinking of shutting it down. Now if SSC can hold up their end of the deal and give us a GREAT statue worthy of Apocalypse. I'll be a one happy collector with a renewed vigor for this hobby. And all the photos to follow...:)

Also, appreciate the request and will do my best to oblige. It just was getting harder and harder to shot because even though I've gotten new statues, just stop caring to them anymore. But members like you help and give me that want to again...Thanks!

:goodpost:...I never say never...:lecture

It took this statue and only this statue could rekindle that fire. I even let my smugmug photo account get closed out, because I was that serious about bowing out this hobby. One things for sure, I was seriously thinking of shutting it down. Now if SSC can hold up their end of the deal and give us a GREAT statue worthy of Apocalypse. I'll be a one happy collector with a renewed vigor for this hobby. And all the photos to follow...:)

Also, appreciate the request and will do my best to oblige. It just was getting harder and harder to shot because even though I've gotten new statues, just stop caring to them anymore. But members like you help and give me that want to again...Thanks!

Anytime :rock:rock:rock It saddens me to see members who posted frequently back then of their amazing photos of their collection but have since stopped. Collectors come and go. For some, the excitement was only from the rush of the hunt. For others, pieces were acquired too fast and they burned themselves out. I know for me, the level of excitement is a little less with every new piece I acquire now. For many, life rearranges our priorities. But I got to say, its awesome to see a newfound vigor in a longtime collector!

Anytime :rock:rock:rock It saddens me to see members who posted frequently back then of their amazing photos of their collection but have since stopped. Collectors come and go. For some, the excitement was only from the rush of the hunt. For others, pieces were acquired too fast and they burned themselves out. I know for me, the level of excitement is a little less with every new piece I acquire now. For many, life rearranges our priorities. But I got to say, its awesome to see a newfound vigor in a longtime collector!

I think that's the biggest killer. I remember when I was into figures I got hooked & instead of having a line to collect I was going for everything & trying to complete every line & it's not possible. I was getting 3, 4 figures a month, some times more & I quickly got burned out & lost my enjoyment for the hobby.

I think that's the biggest killer. I remember when I was into figures I got hooked & instead of having a line to collect I was going for everything & trying to complete every line & it's not possible. I was getting 3, 4 figures a month, some times more & I quickly got burned out & lost my enjoyment for the hobby.

Thats exactly right and in the end you look at your collection and say well hell I simply bought everything and there is no cohesiveness to what I have in the end.

You're really better off just collecting a specific line or lines that you like the most because when a killer statue for that line comes out your SUPER psyched as opposed to the feeling that "oh another statue/figure I have to buy".

I'm pretty sure every collector at one point in time or another has run through the I need to have everything in my collection mentality and then lost a bit of the passion for collecting because it became more of a duty than a hobby. IMO the quicker you realize the more cohesive you make your collection the happier and better looking the end product will be.

BTW: There is something utterly impressive about the collection of those collectors who have and continue to collect EVERYTHING so not knocking on those folks in any way. :peace It's just when I see those collections I think wow they have everything and must have spent a ton of dough...rarely do I think wow that collection as a whole looks great together.

I love seeing collection pics.

I still continue to collect in earnest but have no time to post pics. Becoming a "daddy" to 2 little ones has made time a luxery.

Even though I'm in love with the Sideshow version of the Big "A". I still think this is the best 1/4 comic accurate Big "A" on the market.

If that Sideshow's Apocalypse is anywhere the size of this or bigger. I'm telling you right now. I'm going to need an oxygen mask when I open him up.

Get your mask ready..SS is a lot bigger!

Even though I'm in love with the Sideshow version of the Big "A". I still think this is the best 1/4 comic accurate Big "A" on the market.

If that Sideshow's Apocalypse is anywhere the size of this or bigger. I'm telling you right now. I'm going to need an oxygen mask when I open him up.

Get your mask ready..SS is a lot bigger!

:panic:...Thanks for confirmation!

If this 1/4 is 25.5" tall from the base to top of head . What would you say Sideshow's come in measuring? From base to head and then from base to saw? Any guesstimation would help.

Definitely a good custom piece. I bought one as well and I was so impressed by it when I first opened it up. But I won't compare the two coz they are both very different versions of Apoc and both good in their own way.

:panic:...Thanks for confirmation!

If this 1/4 is 25.5" tall from the base to top of head . What would you say Sideshow's come in measuring? From base to head and then from base to saw? Any guesstimation would help.

Judging from the pics at the Con... apocalypse is ATLEAST 28-30 inches tall, and damn wide...he is ALMOST as big as Gladiator Hulk

Judging from the pics at the Con... apocalypse is ATLEAST 28-30 inches tall, and damn wide...he is ALMOST as big as Gladiator Hulk

Keep talking I'm listening...:lol

That's what I was hoping to hear. If he's bigger and more massive than my custom Apoc', whoa that's gonna be a lot of Apocalypse...:yess:

Back