Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well finally opened mine up and its terrible. No plastic bag on the product box. On both boots there are tacky bubbles. I pressed on them and some liquid came out. Reminded me of water blisters. The liquid had a strong smell to it. There was also a bad bubbled area on the elbow attachment that also had that foul liquid come out when pressed on. The boots were very sticky to the touch. There were discolored areas up the legs to the knees. Rust covered about all the metal pegs to the point you couldn't fit the attachments in the holes. There were brush stroke marks and paint runs. There was a small chip on the base rim. To put icing on the crap cake the right back shoulder armor was broken. The only decent thing was the head. The cannon and saw were passable if not for the rust all over the pegs. I'm not sure if I even want to deal with a replacement if offered one. Such a shame and disgrace for a $600+ statue. Worst experience I've ever had as a collector of anything.
Wow man. I thought mine was bad, yours came diseased. Hope they can resolve it for you

Sent from the Cack Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Unbelievable. I hope they make big changes after this debacle. They are going to have all these unsellable statues in their warehouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well finally opened mine up and its terrible. No plastic bag on the product box. On both boots there are tacky bubbles. I pressed on them and some liquid came out. Reminded me of water blisters. The liquid had a strong smell to it. There was also a bad bubbled area on the elbow attachment that also had that foul liquid come out when pressed on. The boots were very sticky to the touch. There were discolored areas up the legs to the knees. Rust covered about all the metal pegs to the point you couldn't fit the attachments in the holes. There were brush stroke marks and paint runs. There was a small chip on the base rim. To put icing on the crap cake the right back shoulder armor was broken. The only decent thing was the head. The cannon and saw were passable if not for the rust all over the pegs. I'm not sure if I even want to deal with a replacement if offered one. Such a shame and disgrace for a $600+ statue. Worst experience I've ever had as a collector of anything.

That sounds so traumatizing. Is it an EX or Reg?

Unbelievable. I hope they make big changes after this debacle. They are going to have all these unsellable statues in their warehouse.

To be fair, I don't think any other statues are coming out with these types of issues. Sounds like one or two batches got totally botched by the factory. All that needs to happen is sideshow needs to offer returns or replacements, which they will, and never use that factory again.

damn..i wish people got this piece in one piece, no problems, etc…sucks..I have a good piece, no defects etc, except for the rusty wires/things that connect to the arms, which were replaced. I wish people could enjoy this thing bcz the statue itself is first rate..its very impressive, great sculpt, etc…shame QC has butchered everyones experience with this guy

So where does the rust come? We're the boxes rained on? Paint not set?

I'd guess somehow it was exposed to dampness where painted. The bubbled areas on mine reminds me of what happens if you try to paint something that's wet or something that's been painted, not allowed to dry completely, then exposed to moisture. The bubbled areas on mine had some kind of liquid come out when I pressed on the areas. Reminded me of poison oak patches on skin. God only knows what toxic chemical I've been exposed to. If you guys watch the news and here a story about someone in NC going rabid and turning into a zombie you know where it started. Avenge me my fellow hobbyists!

I'd guess somehow it was exposed to dampness where painted. The bubbled areas on mine reminds me of what happens if you try to paint something that's wet or something that's been painted, not allowed to dry completely, then exposed to moisture. The bubbled areas on mine had some kind of liquid come out when I pressed on the areas. Reminded me of poison oak patches on skin. God only knows what toxic chemical I've been exposed to. If you guys watch the news and here a story about someone in NC going rabid and turning into a zombie you know where it started. Avenge me my fellow hobbyists!

lmao apocalypse brought the apocalypse…figures

wow...sorry to hear

imho...a "shame and disgrace" is putting it mildly

Sorry to hear this my friend. I know you really wanted that statue like so many did. I wonder since this is so htf it might be a good idea to keep this and get someone to repair it saying if you know of somebody close by. I myself have no idea where to get repairs done to these things. Then the little bit SS gives back won't cover the actual labor costs to fix these. At least SS does offer us to return it for no problem. But then they know many will just suck it up and keep this. Lol in the end it all depends on if this is ok with you to keep it or send it back. For 600.00 plus I would expect better. All this makes me ok that I missed this. It reminds me of the spider woman, rogue, and psylocke issues that was impossible to fix.

Lol for real. Mine has problems but I can get them fixed later on

Sent from the Cack Pit of the Millenium Falcon

I'm getting this locally with my re-seller who has never sent me a SS Statue with QC issues. I really hope that continues, especially with this big guy.

I want this one big time. I would be gutted if this turned up with QC issues

I'm getting this locally with my re-seller who has never sent me a SS Statue with QC issues. I really hope that continues, especially with this big guy.

I want this one big time. I would be gutted if this turned up with QC issues
I completely understand where you are coming from. Apoc is a MUST have character for me. I was sweating out the wait for him big time. I had him on flex and got him a week after he started to ship. Then came all the QC issues. I was so anxiously waiting for him. Luckily enough, mine came out real good. There were some issues but they were truly minor. I hope your Apoc turns out minty fresh. He's an amazing and imposing piece once he's all set up.

Back