Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They didn't say no replacements are available, they said they didn't think any of the replacements they had would be much better. So we can further confirm that most of these statues have one or more of these issues. Perhaps this piece was "rushed" in that it came out right on time with no delays. Maybe the first samples sideshow received were good so they didn't need to go back to the factory for anything, then the factory pumped out the whole line with issues that did not show up in their first samples.

That's a bummer though. Personally, though mine has 2 or 3 of the same smaller issues people have with theirs, I will be happy with the $65 credit towards my Saruman statue.

So your Capt. Ex converts. It ships with an issue and they refuse a replacenent.
So you send it back/destroy it and get a refund? That easy?
All that anticipation and excitement and you just get a refund?

It's not that easy to just forget about it.
It's not a case of them not having replacements, of course they have.
They just don't want to send one out. $65 credit is easier for them.
Shameful Customer Service, if you can call it that.

No, I throw a fit. If they refuse I take credit and keep it. Lol. But that's just the truth. I'm ok with these minor imperfections. But if it's a crack, like it might shatter one day, I'm returning it and getting my money back.

So your Capt. Ex converts. It ships with an issue and they refuse a replacenent.
So you send it back/destroy it and get a refund? That easy?
All that anticipation and excitement and you just get a refund?

It's not that easy to just forget about it.
It's not a case of them not having replacements, of course they have.
They just don't want to send one out. $65 credit is easier for them.
Shameful Customer Service, if you can call it that.
This. :goodpost:

Yeah, hadn't seen your post when I made mine. Was referring to a few others who seemed to misread the sideshow letter.

I'll assume that's directed at my comment.

When Sideshow writes the customer: "...we do not believe we have an exchange for your Apocalypse that would be a considerable improvement" & "As we do not have an exchange for you..." they're telling the customer there's no replacement available. Whether there's replacements available for other customers or not - who cares? This customer who just paid out the ying yang for a QC laden piece just got royally screwed.

This. :goodpost:

I'll assume that's directed at my comment.

When Sideshow writes the customer: "...we do not believe we have an exchange for your Apocalypse that would be a considerable improvement" & "As we do not have an exchange for you..." they're telling the customer there's no replacement available. Whether there's replacements available for other customers or not - who cares? This customer who just paid out the ying yang for a QC laden piece just got royally screwed.

The point is, when something is limited edition. There is always a gamble on the buyers behalf. That's why I'm saying I'd be so down for open ES'... Then replacement parts would be in abundance.

If you purchase something that's limited, you really shouldn't expect a "replacement". Were lucky sideshow really offers it. Taking it in and repairing it would be cool, but that's not an option. Too me 500 made means 500 made.

Sideshow would of given the same responce regardless if they had five or five hundred replacements.
You think they actually, physically, checked their replacement pieces?
Someone decides if they think it's 'worthy' of a new piece, job done...
Or not as the case may be.

OK, fine, parsing terms here I suppose.

The other thing is that they see that issue as being just a minor variation, and they know that they all have those so if they send him a replacement he's just gonna say "yeah but this one has a small paint splotch, send me another." Perhaps they are being more judicious in saving their replacements for the really bad ones, like the big paint bubbling or breaks.

The picture he showed of his arm didn't really show a crack, it was more of an abrasion cut. I had a similar issue with my Galactus and they basically said the same thing.

I'm not saying it's right nor am I agreeing with sideshow's decision. As usual, and particularly in this thread, I am just playing a bit of devil's advocates and providing some counter points. He probably could say "I'll take my chances on a replacement" and they still may send him one.

Savage, that's a different topic imo. If SSC told customers up front there's a good chance the item they received would be f'd up I'm not sure how many would take the gamble.

With 20 years experience you'd think SSC could do better quality control to ensure production pieces don't end up this bad.

@ Surly, I hear you and I know you're playing devil's advocate, it's good discussion. You've made it pretty clear you're flexible to what you find acceptable, what some see as a break you see as an 'abrasion cut' lol.

The point is, when something is limited edition. There is always a gamble on the buyers behalf. That's why I'm saying I'd be so down for open ES'... Then replacement parts would be in abundance.

If you purchase something that's limited, you really shouldn't expect a "replacement". Were lucky sideshow really offers it. Taking it in and repairing it would be cool, but that's not an option. Too me 500 made means 500 made.

I mostly agree. I'm kinda shocked when they offer things like replacement numbered bases. Means those numbers on the bottom of the bases mean a little less than we think.

Sideshow would of given the same responce regardless if they had five or five hundred replacements.

Yup. I'm kind of glad in a way they are being a little stricter with replacements, but I also think the credit could be a little more than $65, $80-$100 for certain issues would sit better. I do know there have been instances with some statues were someone bought one a little later and got a really damaged piece, like totally broken, but because people had used all the replacements on little miniature nicks and small paint variances, people down the line with much much more serious problems were shafted. Moral of the story is someone is always getting screwed I suppose lol.

Aww snap! First response from SS is get ****ed? No replacements? The reg is the same effing sculpt as the ex! People with regs have been reporting better quality. I would tell them to eat **** and come up with a better solution because 65 bucks is crap and your not going home till they fix your problem. What a joke!!!! I told you guys SS customer service has an evil twin

I mostly agree. I'm kinda shocked when they offer things like replacement numbered bases. Means those numbers on the bottom of the bases mean a little less than we think.
Obviously they get a certain amount of unnumbered bases then just Sharpie in the number needed.
Will still only be one of that number once the flawed base is destroyed.

Savage, that's a different topic imo. If SSC told customers up front there's a good chance the item they received would be f'd up I'm not sure how many would take the gamble.

With 20 years experience you'd think SSC could do better quality control to ensure production pieces don't end up this bad.

@ Surly, I hear you and I know you're playing devil's advocate, it's good discussion. You've made it pretty clear you're flexible to what you find acceptable, what some see as a break you see as an 'abrasion cut' lol.

I thought I remembered them having a caveat to the tune of "statues are individually hand painted, so some variations occur" as well as a "final product may differ". I can't seem to find the first one though, so maybe I was wrong about that.

They should have that though, as most individually crafted pieces do. Unless these aren't hand painted anymore... which would actually explain some of the poor QC.

I don't know, I don't work for sideshow hahaha. But I'm not expecting replacements on any Ex's I've ordered. ESPECIALLY Cap as I'm not even off the wait list yet. It'd be great if it came broken, and they had a replacement. But in no means am I expecting it. And if there's no replacement (reg included), and I was disgusted in the product I received like it sounds some of these apocalypse owners are... Yes, I'd definitely return it, get my money back, and await the next cap statue. Yes it sucks, but they are limited edition, highly fragile pieces... And we all know this going into the hobby.

Yeah. There is no denying it, QC has to be better. As many have told me ( because I'm new) this is really a rare occurrence to have this many QC issues. So i, by no means, will judge sideshow entirely on the QC issues they've had. As they have had thousands of statues released with good QC. Idk man. I saw some of people's "defective statues" and thought their complaints were a joke. But that's not up to me, it's their statue, their opinion.... I'm not trying to piss people off, just being honest. I'm prepared to return both my upcoming hulk and cap if I so not find them satisfactory.

I think they made it clear that a replacement wasn't an option for Joe.

Not one they wanted to present, but if his response is "look, that's total crap, I spent a lot of money on this and find this unacceptable. I'll take my chances on a replacement." maybe they send him one. Couldn't hurt to try. And will help if he is firm but courteous.

So of the 'issues' shown in this thread have been quite minor but I wouldn't suggest that JP wasn't justified in requesting a replacement.

I think he is justified in requesting it. I also can see the logic in denying the request. Sucks that they did though. Ultimately I would hope everyone be happy with their Apocalypse's in the end.

Some of the 'issues' shown in this thread have been quite minor but I wouldn't suggest that JP wasn't justified in requesting a replacement.

Yeah, if there's a tiny spec of brown on the blue it's "justified". But at the same time, people that picky shouldn't EXPECT a better replacement. If it happens and they get better, good for them. But if it doesn't happen, they completely blast the company. Haha

I just think it's funny.

Back