Apatosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello friends! I have a dilemma, I tried to paint the tail apatosaurus with tempera colors. The effect was disappointing, because when it dried, became matte surface and opened in intensity. It's ok to use oil paint? Or what you recommend to use?
PS:Acrylic paint is ok? I would be grateful to give my professional advice!:pray::yess:

Last edited:
Hello! Some pictures with my dinosaurs:)
m19.jpg

m17.jpg

m18.jpg

m16.jpg

m15.jpg

m13.jpg

m12.jpg

Your pics are never boring, & greatly appreciated. Keep up the great collecting & those fab pics!:clap:wave

Yes, keep the pics coming, you're doing a great job~!

And your Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor dio looks like it's in excellent condition. The velociraptor from my dio has a slightly deformed face on the right side :( (well, a lot of my SS Dinosauria statues have a number of minor defects but since it's even a bigger pain in the ass to have them replaced, I'm just keeping them as they are...)

thanks for the photos, this is TRUELY EPIC! i cant believe the ex version is still not soldout yet. Wish i have the shelf space but at 40" long i need to clear out an entire shelf just for this 1 figure :slap

s25.jpg

Hello world! I want to order a statue. What do you recommend between Spinosaurus and Deinosuchus vs Parasaurolophus? :)
PS: I have a question, in 2012 only Stegosaurus Maquette is mentioned to occur?:impatient::rotfl:lol

Hello world! I want to order a statue. What do you recommend between Spinosaurus and Deinosuchus vs Parasaurolophus? :)
PS: I have a question, in 2012 only Stegosaurus Maquette is mentioned to occur?:impatient::rotfl:lol

I don´t have the Deinosuchus Dio, because i don´t like the "half" Deinosuchus coming out of the water. I think its more interesting if you can see the whole body of a dinosaur model.

But i like my Spinosaurus very much, it´s big, it´s aggressive, truly a super predator, i don´t wanna miss it in my collection.

just my opinion...

I also think that getting the Spinosaurus maquette first is a good idea since it's such an impressive looking dinosaur. On the other hand, the Deinosuchus vs Parasaurolophus dio is a very dynamic piece. So if you can fund for both, I say get them all while you can.

Last edited:
Back