Anyone Sell on eBay, or to Brian's Toys, Toy Wiz?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WWEJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Please lock if this is not allowed or wrong place.

I am looking to sell some of my stuff and do not really know where to sell it. I mostly want to sell some MOC Marvel Universe (over 100+ figures), Lego Star Wars sets, Transformers, DC Classics and Star Wars vehicles/figures (hasbro stuff). Everything is in excellent shape, brand new, but how picky are toy wiz and Brian's toys in regards to the items they are buying? C-9 or better condition they say, but some items have scuffed up corners and then there is the danger of them lowering the price if anything is damaged in shipping or them just lowering it to make out with the most profit. The prices they offer to me seem fair, considering they are reselling it... and going that route seems quicker than eBay....

As for eBay i have heard stories about buyers taking advantage of sellers. I have been buying on eBay for ten years, never sold a thing so I am completely new to selling, but it seems eBay policy favors buyers.... eBay advertises there easy selling policy, is it easy? Do you have to claim what you sell for taxes? How much can you sell per month? I thought there was a limit until you have to upgrade your account? Are fees taken automatically? I have been reading the eBay selling help articles but would be nice to know from someone who sells first hand.

Advice? Tips? Help?

Anything is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Please lock if this is not allowed or wrong place.

I am looking to sell some of my stuff and do not really know where to sell it. I mostly want to sell some MOC Marvel Universe (over 100+ figures), Lego Star Wars sets, Transformers, DC Classics and Star Wars vehicles/figures (hasbro stuff). Everything is in excellent shape, brand new, but how picky are toy wiz and Brian's toys in regards to the items they are buying? C-9 or better condition they say, but some items have scuffed up corners and then there is the danger of them lowering the price if anything is damaged in shipping or them just lowering it to make out with the most profit. The prices they offer to me seem fair, considering they are reselling it... and going that route seems quicker than eBay....

As for eBay i have heard stories about buyers taking advantage of sellers. I have been buying on eBay for ten years, never sold a thing so I am completely new to selling, but it seems eBay policy favors buyers.... eBay advertises there easy selling policy, is it easy? Do you have to claim what you sell for taxes? How much can you sell per month? I thought there was a limit until you have to upgrade your account? Are fees taken automatically? I have been reading the eBay selling help articles but would be nice to know from someone who sells first hand.

Advice? Tips? Help?

Anything is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

There is a reason why people call it evilbay. Be carefull with your toys, there are a lot of ebay scammers around.

There is a reason why people call it evilbay. Be carefull with your toys, there are a lot of ebay scammers around.

Agreed. I don't sell anything on eBay because it's way too risky. eBay always sides with the buyer, so it's easy to get scammed if you're selling something.

I've bought and sold on eBay for 12 years now. The good thing about ebay is exposure and if your willing to sell internationally that opens up your market that much more. There's more paperwork involved in shipping but that's really it, you just have to be aware of size/weight restrictions to certain destinations. Key to selling successfully is being very clear in your description and of course clear photos. Sold as is, no warranty. You can also list that buyers with less than x amount of feedback to contact you before bidding and ask questions if needed. You can also boot a bid you don't trust. Always ship with insurance. Most people (in my experience thus far) are honest and don't want to get screwed out of anything, just like you. I had two (and only) disputes last year. One was the buyer was overly anxious and filed a claim with paypal. On all my auctions I state clearly the item will ship within 3 business days AFTER funds have cleared. I posted tracking info when I had it and everything worked out. The other was for damage on a piece that I had for years. This dispute went through ebay, email back and forth with photos from the buyer. Buyer was right as this damaged happened when I packed the item. Very minimal on an extremely small part, we worked it out and they were happy.

If you can put up with the fees from both ebay & Paypal, there no reason to not use them.

Be very clear about what your selling, track all correspondence and always ship insured on high dollar items.

I've bought and sold on eBay for 12 years now. The good thing about ebay is exposure and if your willing to sell internationally that opens up your market that much more. There's more paperwork involved in shipping but that's really it, you just have to be aware of size/weight restrictions to certain destinations. Key to selling successfully is being very clear in your description and of course clear photos. Sold as is, no warranty. You can also list that buyers with less than x amount of feedback to contact you before bidding and ask questions if needed. You can also boot a bid you don't trust. Always ship with insurance. Most people (in my experience thus far) are honest and don't want to get screwed out of anything, just like you. I had two (and only) disputes last year. One was the buyer was overly anxious and filed a claim with paypal. On all my auctions I state clearly the item will ship within 3 business days AFTER funds have cleared. I posted tracking info when I had it and everything worked out. The other was for damage on a piece that I had for years. This dispute went through ebay, email back and forth with photos from the buyer. Buyer was right as this damaged happened when I packed the item. Very minimal on an extremely small part, we worked it out and they were happy.

If you can put up with the fees from both ebay & Paypal, there no reason to not use them.

Be very clear about what your selling, track all correspondence and always ship insured on high dollar items.

Thank you for the advice, appreciate it! :hi5:

I had a bunch of SW stuff to sell and contacted Brian's Toys. They will NOT give you anywhere close to value for your collection. Therefore, I decided not to sell to them.

I have had luck selling large lots of SW figures on eBay. Single figures not so much. But when I list the lot, I take photos of every figure and note any wear on the package in the listing. I then take photos of me packing the figures, of the boxed figures with shipping label and then tracking numbers, insurance, and/or signature confirmation. I don't take any chances. The few extra bucks for insurance and signature are worth it if I avoid the headache down the road.

Good Luck.

I was in a similar boat. Bought and awful lot but never sold much of anytbing on eBay.

I'm purging a lot lately and I have had nothing but success. Yeah there's fees but the exposure is worth it.

Not to sound like a broken record but as long as you follow the above advise Id go with eBay.

Back