Anyone got a paterdale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEST0r

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Had my dog for about 6 months now just wanted to know how common they are. I know they are hard work but they are the smartest dog I have ever known. Do any of you guys know them or ever heard of them I no in the US they are getting popular. They are known as a Paterdale terrier and they are fantastic. Any you guys got one if so we can swop stories and how to look after them. My dog is called Holly and she is a ***** with a black a tan coat.

I've never heard of a Patterdale Terrier. Had to look it up. Kinda looks like a mixed breed dog to me, though I know they aren't.

She's a cutie btw.

Yea thet are not an old breed they where used for fox hunting when the fox went to ground from about the 1930's of course they cant be used for that now they are a ground dog what where mainly used for the hilly areas of the uk for protecting sheep etc. They have alot of different breeds in them from lakeland terriers to pitbulls they are kind of a super terrier. All I can say is look them up on youtube. Like I said before I have never known such a smart dog had her to heal,sitting and staying when she was two months old. The good thing is they don't at the moment have any inbreading problems what you get with other dogs as they are still a young breed. Fantastic with kids and I mean fantasic never snap and they protect them. but they need a good two hours walk aday.

Yea thet are not an old breed they where used for fox hunting when the fox went to ground from about the 1930's of course they cant be used for that now they are a ground dog what where mainly used for the hilly areas of the uk for protecting sheep etc. They have alot of different breeds in them from lakeland terriers to pitbulls they are kind of a super terrier. All I can say is look them up on youtube. Like I said before I have never known such a smart dog had her to heal,sitting and staying when she was two months old. The good thing is they don't at the moment have any inbreading problems what you get with other dogs as they are still a young breed. Fantastic with kids and I mean fantasic never snap and they protect them. but they need a good two hours walk aday.

Cute dog. My understanding is that the Border Collie is the smartest breed of dog, as mentioned in the book, The Intelligence of Dogs, by Stanley Coren. I had a border Collie and she learned fetch on the first throw at 9 weeks, which is the day I got her. I taught her to play catch later. The Standard Poodle is the second smartest breed.

At any rate, it seems you have a very smart dog, who seems to be an exception to the rule.

I think you mean she can heel, and that she isn't the result of inbreeding.
I recommend the books How To Have A Healthier Dog, by Wendell O Belfield DVM, and Martin Zucker, and the book, Keep Your Pet healthy The natural Way, by Pat Lazarus.
It seems your dog is called a Patterdale terrier.

https://www.omnidoginfo.com/Patterdale_Terrier.asp

It seems this breed was linebred by Joe Bowman, an Ullswater Huntsman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterdale_Terrier

line breeding.

https://www.westwindgsps.com/linebreeding.htm

Back