Anyone going to Dragon Con

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragon Con how to best describe it? Think Comic Con but more fun. I do not think there is more cosplay at Dragon Con but they are all in one big room drinking. Dragon Con is almost like dreaming but everything is in focus. It is the only place you can see the Dude hanging out with Leonidas and they are talking about the movie Fan Boys.

At Qmx we are Browncoats at heart so here is one the best stories I have from Dragon Con. A man about the age of 25 was at the booth in a Jayne's hat. He had purchased the Jayne Wrist Strap from us earlier and was looking for a shirt to complete the costume. We make a trouble maker shirt replica but by day 2 we only had smalls left. So he bought a Blue Sun t-shirt I told him to go get it dirty. He asked me why and I tried to explain because Jayne can be a dirty guy. His friend started to laugh at him a bit and the guy looks at me square in the face and says "Who is Jayne". He had no idea never seen the Movie or the show. Literally he was just trying to put a costume together so he can fit in. I am not sure what the thought process is for this but I imagine him thinking oh that hat looks fetching :lol

I do not think there is more cosplay at Dragon Con but they are all in one big room drinking. l

There usually is more. A lot more. It was just way down this year for whatever reason. Also, it seems there was a huge influx of non-participating gawkers hanging out this year. I've never seen so many college-aged hipsters in one place in my life.

Trust me, this was a down year. Probably the worst D*C I've been to since 2000.

There usually is more. A lot more. It was just way down this year for whatever reason. Also, it seems there was a huge influx of non-participating gawkers hanging out this year. I've never seen so many college-aged hipsters in one place in my life.

Trust me, this was a down year. Probably the worst D*C I've been to since 2000.

I blame Obama. :pfft:

Back