Anyone else concerned...??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I could care less about the PF or 12" LOTR line. I'm liking the dios though, real cool and real quality so far. The only LS Bust I have bought is the Morgul Lord.:cool:

I think people might be disappointed to see the retail price vs ebay price and feel the want to wait. There are a lot of overproduced items that would sell out if the just kept the edition size a little lower.

I think it's important to keep things in perspective.

For one think, the Sideshow/Weta partnership announced significantly more pieces before the films even came out, than Sideshow on their own ever since they acquired the solo licence.

So this licence has never been in the fast lane.

Add to this the ongoing Jackson/New Line feud. This has left the entire LOTR property very much without a caretaker; we do have licencing people over at New Line, but their help has, so far, been the most obvious in the inordinate amounts of time it took to approve such bizarre achievements as the Frodo and GTW PFs. Yes, thank you for that, New Line.

I'm not as optimistic about a possible adaptation of The Hobbit as some around here. It's a lesser work, and it would seem like an attempt by all the concerned parties to capture lighting in a bottle twice, do something financially safe and tried-and-true, instead of boldly trailblazing like they did with LOTR. I'm sure it would be successful, but I don't see it becoming a phenomenon on the scale of LOTR. Especially if they do something ridiculous like splitting it into two parts.

Anyway. Sideshow was never going full-bore into their own LOTR products; New Line seem to have hampered them. I expect this steady trickle to go on for a few years, and then the lines will slowly fizzle out. I just don't see it catching fire ever again.

Well I hope you're wrong about it but your theory is deffinently a real possibility. If it is the case hopefully they'll finish up the 12" fellowship so at least something will be complete before it ends.

At the very worst I'll have more money to spend on Star Wars or I can pick up The Dead line again. :dunno

Well I hope you're wrong about it but your theory is deffinently a real possibility. If it is the case hopefully they'll finish up the 12" fellowship so at least something will be complete before it ends.

Yeah, it would really suck if they didn't at least put out the Fellowship, since the existing figures would lose some of their appeal.

I think it's a safe bet that we'll at least see Merry and Pippin before it dies because I would think the hobbit bodies would be a waste if you did it just too make to figures it's the two GsI'm more worried about never seeing if the line dies soon.

the good news is also we only have 4 more members for the 12" line.

SS LOTR rocks!!!!!!

Yeah we are more then half way there with the fellowship if you count preorders so that's good news in the glass is half full kind of way.

Back