Anyone collect vintage ARAH toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice collection! Love the art work on the early packaging!

Thanks, I have a very small carded collection of them, but nothing much to speak of.

Just finished going threw some of my childhood Joe's I picked up from my Moms, these seem to be from my second wave of picking them up as most of my 80's ones were gone, however a few parts of those remained somehow, a few heads and various other parts.

I just spent the past hour or so sorting and giving them new O-Rings

24321097506_1d9cc83bdf_b.jpg

I had them all but alas sold the entire collection a couple years ago. It just wasn't fun anymore. Some days I do miss it. Here is a picture to make you drool.. :wink1:
IMG_7134 (1).jpg

The sealed Gold Head Steel Birgade was selling on eBay for around $800 at that time.

I had them all but alas sold the entire collection a couple years ago. It just wasn't fun anymore. Some days I do miss it. Here is a picture to make you drool.. :wink1:
View attachment 236829

The sealed Gold Head Steel Birgade was selling on eBay for around $800 at that time.

Very rare figures you got there:clap

Here's my latest pick-up from smalljoes.com

Cool collection - brings back memories. Makes me want to break out my toys from my childhood years.

Cool collection - brings back memories. Makes me want to break out my toys from my childhood years.

Thanks, you should it might be a lot of fun, I've had more fun collecting vintage G.I. Joe's than I have the past few years collecting high-end 1:6 like hot toys.

Here's my latest

Some sweet vintage Joes appeared on my doorstep today.

2016-01-15_22-21-51_348_zpsq0mrwybr.jpg

2016-01-15_22-22-01_304_zpss43aayfi.jpg

I had been after a sealed peach-back Dusty for a couple of years now, and finally got one for a decent price, even if there is some bubble lifting. Now I've got a sealed Flint (2 variations), Bazooka, Airtight, Zartan, and Dusty. Gotta get em all!

Dusty was one that my mom got me when I was a child, and he was one of my favorites. The camo looks great, and the cloth hood part on his helmet made him distinctive. Duke was one I never had, but coveted, as one of my friends and my cousins had him. I've had some Joes in my office for a couple of years, and will add Duke to the list soon. Arguably the most iconic Joe, up there with Snake Eyes.

I had been after a sealed peach-back Dusty for a couple of years now, and finally got one for a decent price, even if there is some bubble lifting. Now I've got a sealed Flint (2 variations), Bazooka, Airtight, Zartan, and Dusty. Gotta get em all!

Dusty was one that my mom got me when I was a child, and he was one of my favorites. The camo looks great, and the cloth hood part on his helmet made him distinctive. Duke was one I never had, but coveted, as one of my friends and my cousins had him. I've had some Joes in my office for a couple of years, and will add Duke to the list soon. Arguably the most iconic Joe, up there with Snake Eyes.

Awesome pickups man, and an unpunched Dusty too. Nice.

Outstanding additions Kara:clap:clap:clap

I got to get a dusty for my collection too, here's my latest, these showed up today

24381951976_ffb8abb128_b.jpg

24112588120_83c491979c_b.jpg

I was a big Wet-Suit fan as a kid. He might be my favorite from the '86 crew. Nice display case there. I need to figure out an option for displaying mine.

I was a big Wet-Suit fan as a kid. He might be my favorite from the '86 crew. Nice display case there. I need to figure out an option for displaying mine.

That's one figure I didn't have as a kid but I wanted him for my collection, the rest I remember having. The case is nice but pricey, cost me about 100 dollars shipped, Its on ebay and called the collectors showcase.

Thanks. I remember buying Wet-Suit from Toys R Us, along with a Joe coloring book.

Funny how we can remember certain moments so well and yet years become a blur, I have many awesome memories of GI Joe from childhood, maybe that's why I'm enjoying collecting them again so much:)

Here's my unboxing video

I bought a couple of my Joes from that seller, top notch stuff, sadly I have never been in the presents of the Flagg myself and don't expect to be, that's not a bad price considering its never even been put together, I have seen others in rough shape sell for close to that price.

New review, in this review on my youtube page I have some brand new information on a prototype 1984 Breaker figure that was clean shaven, it never made it to market but was recently discovered, I link it in the description on youtube and mention it in the review.

Back