Any new reveals/teasers expected for May the Fourth?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly would have thought (or maybe it's wishful thinking) that they would have done something with the Star Wars: Rebels characters. I mean, Ashoka is pretty popular, and I think her adult Rebels version would be perfect for a PF.

Kanan is one of the best characters to be developed for Star Wars in recent memory as well. Wouldn't mind having a statue of him either. His comic series is def one of the better pieces of Star Wars reading material out there right now.

Not sure how different companies work, but GG is the only place I've seen do anything with the characters from Rebels.

Not sure if everyone saw this, but I asked SSAlex on another forum when we can expect new Star Wars PFs and she said we might see 1 or possibly 2 by the end of the year/early winter and that nothing new would be showcased at SDCC. Don't know about you guys, but I get the sense that SS is winding down it's PF line, especially now that both Hot Toys and XM have a 1/4 license. Just my two cents worth.

Here's the Q/A regarding when we can expect more PFs:

Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
More focus on sixth scale, having the mythos line placed on hold all caused less larger scale releases. But efforts have ramped up to bring about more larger scale Star Wars pieces (i.e.: Statues and PFs), so this year should see a larger surge of those kinds of projects then in the past couple of years if things come to completion and go through the approval process in a timely manner (The first McQuarrie piece should be available for Pre-Order this year, and then potentially up to two more PF releases).

Originally Posted by chaber View Post
I still don't get it... Did SS decide to slow down the PF release schedule because they wanted to focus on sixth scale/the Mythos line that ended up being "put on hold", and if so, why was that decision taken? or did the fact that they had to slow down the PF releases (for whatever reason) free them up to produce more 1/6 stuff? I have to say, I am a little concerned with all these if's, should's and maybe's regarding my favorite Star Wars line... I fear it does not bode well for the future, especially now that XM has got a 1/4 license!

SSAlex response:
Unfortunately I just don't have the answer for many of your beginning questions as I was never part of the decision process of what and what does not get made product wise. But never fear...there are more Star Wars non-sixth scale items on the way from Sideshow and newly announced XM Studios as well. :)

its very disappointing ..nothing to look forward to from Sideshow at SDCC for me personally then. I hope XM gets a US distributor and HT gets the ball rolling so SSC can suck an egg ...

Its a shame because Star Wars PF always has been their main focus .. with Star Wars PF they grew in what they are kind of as far as I remember ..

SSC turns into a toy store with all their 1/6 #$#$

But..

and newly announced XM Studios as well. :)
what does this mean ?? Does Sideshow might pick up XM as Distributor ?

EIDT... aaaaand NO

Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

I don't believe XM Studios can distribute their upcoming Star Wars product outside of their already locked in territories/ares they can sell to, so Sideshow would not be allowed to carry their products as a distributor. So to even toy with that idea isn't possible since it's something that would not be possible to even do.

Last edited:
Back