Any Future Stormtroopers in the Pipeline?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be happy with a re-release, just to be able to get a few without having to resort to eBay.

Couldn't agree more. The original release came out before I started collecting 1/6. Would love a new one to go w/ Vader and my snow trooper.

Steve

To not have the OT troopers readily available is a big mistake. They would probably sell a thousand or more every year. Every new collector will want at least a few, and over time the others will pick up a few more. You only need one of each of the other figures, but stormtroopers lend themselves to getting ten if possible. I mean who doesn't want to mimic the DSII arrival scene? :)

Perhaps it's not realistic to have all the deluxe clones available indefinately but I hope that at least some of them will be around forever and that SSC follow suit with new fixed version OT troopers. They don't have to manufacture them all the time, just make a few thousand and when they are sold out make some more, simple as that.

Will there be another Stormtrooper figure?

Hey guys sorry if this was posted already but I checked and couldn't find anything.

This is about the 1/6 Stormtrooper Sideshow made awhile back - in fact it was the very first armored figure Sideshow made.

Someone said on another forum they are waiting for another revamped Stormtrooper to come out and they weren't going to bother buying this one. (the original one is now very rare and no longer made of course.)

I have one and I'm contemplating selling it (bought it for $235) but only if there is a good chance they'll make another.

What do you all say? You think Sideshow would make another stormtrooper figure? I can't really see how they could improve really....

Attachments

• st4.jpg
    st4.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 359
Re: Will there be another Stormtrooper figure?

It's fine to post this thread. Don't think there is one on this topic but we've all discussed if Sideshow will make 2.0 Stormtroopers or not. I'm guessing they will. We got 2.0 Clones so hopefully soon we'll see something on new Stormtroopers. That will be great so my Vader can have his army. Oh don't sell your Stormy. I say keep it even if Sideshow does come out with 2.0 versions. I'm guessing the difference if they make new ones are more details and a little on the shorter side. More accessories etc. That's how they'll improve.

Hey guys sorry if this was posted already but I checked and couldn't find anything.

This is about the 1/6 Stormtrooper Sideshow made awhile back - in fact it was the very first armored figure Sideshow made.

Someone said on another forum they are waiting for another revamped Stormtrooper to come out and they weren't going to bother buying this one. (the original one is now very rare and no longer made of course.)

I have one and I'm contemplating selling it (bought it for $235) but only if there is a good chance they'll make another.

What do you all say? You think Sideshow would make another stormtrooper figure? I can't really see how they could improve really....
I swear there was another thread recently about this...anyway I'm pretty confident this will be revisited at some point.
And yes there is room for improvements and i wont go into specifics because i'm sure someone else will.
Biggest problem i found with mine was weak joints, I'd defiantly like to see an upgrade to the body.
Some form of deluxe model or ESB/ROTJ version.

I'd feel very comfortable selling now and really, as long as you can live without it for 2 or 3 years, it's the perfect time. Once SSC so much as teases a Stormtrooper 2.0, I'd imagine the value on the older one will tank. Really with a design like the Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper, it's only a matter of time before a new version comes out.

They made Deluxe Clones so I would expect to see Deluxe Stormtroopers sometime.

What about a new Sandtrooper? I know they made a total of 3 a few years ago ( one of which included a "deluxe" version )

I hope they do - like many have already said, us late collectors will hopefully get the chance to add these figures to our collection without having to pay 300+ for them.

What about a new Sandtrooper? I know they made a total of 3 a few years ago ( one of which included a "deluxe" version )

I hope they do - like many have already said, us late collectors will hopefully get the chance to add these figures to our collection without having to pay 300+ for them.

Try 4, Squad commander, sergeant, Corporal and desert detachment (Deluxe)

I really don't need some sort of overpriced deluxe version. Just an updated Stormie with a blaster and call it a day.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Sell it before the new version is announced. So glad I sold my DX12 and Bank Robber Joker for a decent price. Watch their prices plummet.

I just want a shiny Stormtrooper. I didn't care for the Dry White paint they did.

I wouldn't mind a Maul 2.0 either. Especially since SSC has improved greatly since the first one.

Hopefully i'd love a stormie. SS's first attempt was laughable.

Threads merged.

The problem now is there is a better chance of getting "cartoonish" Rebels Stormtroopers now instead of a rerelease.

The problem now is there is a better chance of getting "cartoonish" Rebels Stormtroopers now instead of a rerelease.

Yep. Rebels is going to slow down anything OT related. They will push the Rebels product to get noticed and then tease the diehards for a year or two. A new stormie will pop up, patience is the key.

I don't think anyone is going to jump on cartoon troopers in any significant number. An updated and resculpted OT Stormtrooper would likely outsell any other SW character SSC has done over the past 2 years and will do over the next 12 months. I can't honestly think of a more universally liked SW personage in collecting circles. Then on top of that, factor in the desire of some people to army-build and you're looking at great sales numbers. Cha-ching!

Last edited:
I'm thinking that when SS eventually gets to a new standard Stormtrooper they will be about a half inch taller than the originals based on how their other ⅙ figures have grown.

That's why I'm hesitant to mod my Vader shorter.

I'm thinking that when SS eventually gets to a new standard Stormtrooper they will be about a half inch taller than the originals based on how their other ⅙ figures have grown.

Na, I just think they screwed up Vader AGAIN. ;) Snow Trooper and Tusken from last year aren't super-sized, and by all accounts, it's doubtful the Hoth series will be. All recent clones have been the typical size, and the new releases this month should be the same.

My Vader is a full 14" tall. I *have* to do something about that.

I don't think anyone is going to jump on cartoon troopers in any significant number. An updated and resculpted OT Stormtrooper would likely outsell any other SW character SSC has done over the past 2 years and will do over the next 12 months. I can't honestly think of a more universally liked SW personage in collecting circles. Then on top of that factor in the desire of some people to army build and you're looking at great sales numbers.

Yeah, pretty much. Even people who already have a Stormtrooper, like me, would get the new one. People love Stormtroopers.

Back