Any chance for a new PF Vader?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How different would it be? I dont understand the whole different episode Vaders. It would make no sense for me to buy another PF Vader.

Realistically, it wouldn't be that different except to the people who really care about the minute details of the costume. BUT it would give Sideshow an excuse to make another Vader (sure to be a good seller) and to use a different pose and perhaps include an exclusive such as a bare head.

If it looks good and it's an OT Vader, I'm all in for a new one.

Realistically, it wouldn't be that different except to the people who really care about the minute details of the costume. BUT it would give Sideshow an excuse to make another Vader (sure to be a good seller) and to use a different pose and perhaps include an exclusive such as a bare head.

yeah i really have no problems with the current Vader other than the fact that the pose doesn't look that great unless you have the Obi Wan along with him.
IMO THE ultimate pose for darth vader has been done already in the Attakus statue. i would like to get one someday down the road, but they are pretty expensive and the scale is a little off in comparison to the SS PF.

I'd have to say negative on this as well... while it would be cool to see what an updated PF of Vader would look like I think the original is good enough and PF's need more variety than that.

Give us a PF of Chewy, Stormtrooper, C3P0, and R2D2. We dont need another Vader PF, if you missed out on the first one so sad, try ebay or go away.:duh

Hi Folks,

I just discovered PF and I'm hooked! I wanted to get a Vader in my collection, but despite all the rave reviews on the PF Vader, I'm still on the fence. Would love to see an Episode III, V, or VI vader to include the following:

1. Robe goes under the shoulder armor rather than the current version, which goes over. (Robe, not cape)

2. Stitchings on gloves goes vertical so it is aligned with pattern on arms/legs. (Ep IV vader has glove stitching going perpendiular to his body suit lines, rather than the same direction)

3. Would love to see a pose with a hand doing a "force choke" or in a fist...

Hope I'm not the only one who wants one...

K.

I asked Sideshow this same question on the "Ask Sideshow" category of their site,and they said that they do have plans to revisit Vader in the Premium Format again but not anytime soon.

I would be extremely disappointed if they waste a valuable slot in the Star Wars PF release pipeline with a second Vader. The differences in costume are too minor to revisit the character in 1:4 scale. Make all the 12" Vaders you want, but with only three or four PFs a year, I would much rather see new characters done. Any repeats should be due to drastically different costumes like ANH Leia vs. Slave Leia. (I wouldn't even want to see an ESB Fett--and he's my favorite character.)

Give me the Emperor, a Stormtrooper, Artoo and Threepio, ROTS Obi-Wan, Lando, a Gamorrean Guard, Greedo, Bib Fortuna, a Jawa or two, Admiral Ackbar, IG-88, Bossk, Tarkin, X-Wing Pilot Luke, Lobot, Garindan, Oola, Figrin D'an and (of course) Chewbacca. Then we'll talk about another Vader some time around 2014.

I would be extremely disappointed if they waste a valuable slot in the Star Wars PF release pipeline with a second Vader. The differences in costume are too minor to revisit the character in 1:4 scale. Make all the 12" Vaders you want, but with only three or four PFs a year, I would much rather see new characters done. Any repeats should be due to drastically different costumes like ANH Leia vs. Slave Leia. (I wouldn't even want to see an ESB Fett--and he's my favorite character.)

Give me the Emperor, a Stormtrooper, Artoo and Threepio, ROTS Obi-Wan, Lando, a Gamorrean Guard, Greedo, Bib Fortuna, a Jawa or two, Admiral Ackbar, IG-88, Bossk, Tarkin, X-Wing Pilot Luke, Lobot, Garindan, Oola, Figrin D'an and (of course) Chewbacca. Then we'll talk about another Vader some time around 2014.

Totaly agree with you!! :cool:

personally i would never be upset with another vader but that's just me and i'm kind of partial to him. :monkey1

I'd be more than fine with another vader considering I wasn't highly impressed with the first one.It was good but I thought the pose and a few other things about it can be really improved upon in the next version.Plus I prefer the Empire & or PT versions.

And oh yes an Empire fett would way cool...

I hope if they do one it's not any time soon. WAY too many other characters that need to be made first.

since i came into this hobby kinda late, i missed out on the current vader pf. so if they ever release a new one, i'm all for that! :chew

i'd DEFINITELY get an artoo & threepio PF! it's the next best thing for those of us who can't afford the life-size versions. :monkey5

My only reason for a Vader PF revisit is that I simply don't like the pose of the first one. But since we're getting a 1/6th version later this year, which can be posed every which way, then the PF version has dropped considerably in my "wants" listing.

Back