Prop ANOVOS goes into Star Wars Costuming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they have a tie pilot helmet that truly captures the original mold? I don't know if it due to the shiny plastic, but the one I've seen looks off somehow

tie-pilot-standard-helmet-2_grande.jpg

versus

helmet-kqr02b5m7nrdnsrt0j2_fct457x343_ct620x465.JPG

The best looking TIE Pilot helmets are the Laws, SDS, and RS. Anovos is ok, but not as good as these.

You can find dawn laws on fb, nice guy. When I first heard of him I was told his wait times were incredibly long, like years. He mentioned that he's cleared that up and I can confirm my order with him didn't take years, but was still longer then his estimate. Not that I had a problem with it, I was EXTREMELY happy with his service (had an issue, he fixed it) and the final bucket/armor. Just letting you know so you can expect it to take a few months and probably over an estimate you get.

You can find dawn laws on fb, nice guy. When I first heard of him I was told his wait times were incredibly long, like years. He mentioned that he's cleared that up and I can confirm my order with him didn't take years, but was still longer then his estimate. Not that I had a problem with it, I was EXTREMELY happy with his service (had an issue, he fixed it) and the final bucket/armor. Just letting you know so you can expect it to take a few months and probably over an estimate you get.

Can you link to his profile page? I looked and not finding him.

After MANY delays my Vader helmet shipped so I assume the Tie helmet should ship in a week or two as well.

Not sure if I'm keeping either one, the long wait has made me rethink these a bit, but we shall see.

If you don't already have an Ep.V Vader lid then this one is worth keeping.
The mask has the greeblies on the forehead which is pretty cool to see when displayed.

Yeah but I don't think I would ever display the mask and the dome separately. Also my cheap EFX pcr helmet displays pretty nice too.

After MANY delays my Vader helmet shipped so I assume the Tie helmet should ship in a week or two as well.

Not sure if I'm keeping either one, the long wait has made me rethink these a bit, but we shall see.

If it makes any difference, I love my Vader from Anovos. I haven't been disappointed in any of their items I have purchased.

If it makes any difference, I love my Vader from Anovos. I haven't been disappointed in any of their items I have purchased.

Indeed!
The Episode V Vader helmet is actually a lot different compared to the Episode IV.
To the untrained eye, or quite frankly, anyone who isn't interested enough, the two will look similar.

I will add this... once displayed side-by-side, even the non-fans of the franchise will be able to see that there are many differences and they'll be surprised too. I've already had several friends ask me, "Are you sure this is what they used in both movies?" :lol

I will wait till I get the helmet to decide wether or not I will keep it.

I know there are differences but I really only have room for one Vader helmet and like I said the cheaper EFX really does display nicely.

From accuracy point of view Anovos Vader is reasonably ok, but as ANH version, the EFX PCR is better.

That's what I figure as well.

I've been keeping an eye out for a decent deal on a limited, if I come across one then for sure I would sell the Anovos as well as the Efx pcr. Then of course there is the legend, no thanks, regoddamndiculously priced.

Back