Prop ANOVOS goes into Star Wars Costuming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an email saying their Death Trooper helmets are in stock and a "limited run." How does Anovos deal with limited runs? Is this something that won't be offered again?

Just got an email saying their Death Trooper helmets are in stock and a "limited run." How does Anovos deal with limited runs? Is this something that won't be offered again?

As far as I'm aware, they'll come back around and sell it again.
Anovos builds and releases their products in waves.
It will be a very long time before they revisit the Death Trooper again.

Cheap. Lightweight. Paper thin. Guess I'm used to EFX and (lol) Hasbro. My Hasbro storm trooper helmet is easily 3-4 thicker and weighs equally as much. Oh well it will sit on a shelf but no way worth $330. EFX blows Anovos out of the water.

Cheap. Lightweight. Paper thin. Guess I'm used to EFX and (lol) Hasbro. My Hasbro storm trooper helmet is easily 3-4 thicker and weighs equally as much. Oh well it will sit on a shelf but no way worth $330. EFX blows Anovos out of the water.

Which helmet ? The TIE pilot?

Yes. TIE fighter pilot helmet. Looks fine. Some hairline scratches. Would not want to wear. Too fragile.

I mean, doesn't Anovos say their stuff is for wearing. Isn't lightweight what you want when wearing it?:lol

I always though Anovos stuff being able to be displayed was just a bonus.

Yes. TIE fighter pilot helmet. Looks fine. Some hairline scratches. Would not want to wear. Too fragile.

Well it's not the premiere line so it's not fiberglass. I thought m it would be a little more Sturdy though since they are for trooping after all.

It's light weight for sure. Perfect for trooping.
The issue I have with mine is that it's got swirl marks all over it. From the top of the helmet to the side where it's easily noticeable under normal lighting.
Very poorly handled on Anovos part.

I've got their First Order Stormtrooper helmet from the Standard line and there are no swirl marks or scratches anywhere.

I wonder how differently they handle their Premiere line.

I don't think there is anything they could do about it either since the TIE helmet is out of stock.
Really disappointed here.

I'm going to be more careful buying anything from them from now on.

Try a visit to: https://starwarshelmets.com/ and read how the screen used helmets were made. You'll see Anovos' thin ABS is quite screen accurate, while fiberglass is not.

Got mine.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 98
I've got the Tie helmet coming, probably gonna send it back.

If the Anovos TIEs are anything like my two Anovos Stormtrooper helmets (one is a more accurate "chipper" repaint), I can say that the plastic they're made of is thicker and sturdier feeling than any of the RS Prop Masters helmets I have (which are more accurate than what Anovos makes.) Should do fine with trooping, and way lighter than my fiberglass MR helmet.

It's just the way they were made :)

My RS complete TIE commission has apparently shipped, arriving Monday, so will try to post pics in the appropriate thread.

Yeah, I get that people want to feel heft because just like statues, people seem to associate heft = quality but when it comes to trooping, that's not always the case. My TIE outfit, which isn't Anovos, also feels like the flimsiest thing ever but has survived multiple troops and comic cons without any problem.

Back