Annoying Movie Cliches

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest gripe would have to be seeing films classed as comedies, but I don't even manage to crack a smile. Am I alone in finding them neither remotely funny or humourous? The only thing that is funny is, some director is telling someone he's doing a comedy and says it to them seriously. :lol

I happened to notice that Vacancy was on cable the other day, "Hey, I always meant to watch that one but never got around to it" so I flipped over. Early in, they pull into a gas station in the middle of nowhere with a weirdo attendant that proceeds to give them directions... I promptly changed the channel.

that old favorite when someone shouts out of the car window, "no, your OTHER right!" grrr!

why do the bad guys never shoot Batman or Robocop in the mouth? :D

why do the bad guys never shoot Batman or Robocop in the mouth? :D

Hey if they can't hit a dude just cos he's running what's the chance they can shoot these guys in the mouth ? :emperor

I'm just sick of them going to the Stormtrooper Sniper School. Makes Obi-Wan's line of "only imperial stormtroopers are this precise" heavily ironic.

-Car explosions. Cars are always exploding in films when it's rare that they do it in real life. They also would never explode from gun fire.

Having said that, I was very near a "car" explosion once when a motor home blew up on the side of the road, but it was most likely a propane tank that exploded and there was no fire in the explosion.

-Throwing a handgun at the bad guy when it's out of ammo.

-When someone gets shot, they fly back several feet from the impact of the bullet when in reality that doesn't happen.

With the birth of CGI, I am getting tired of characters surviving things that would surely kill/cripple them (Indy in the fridge, Tony Stark testing the jet boots). Plus, they have to cut everything so darn close.

anything with the word 'Movie' in the title, and stoopid shaky cam films ( blair witch, Cloverfield)

-Throwing a handgun at the bad guy when it's out of ammo.

i remember an episode from the B&W superman show that had a bank robber shooting at superman, and superman just stood there sticking his chest out while taking the shots, but when the robber ran out of bullets and threw the gun superman dodged it. :confused:

2. the two lovers have just been at it like bunnies, yet when they are done, if the female sits up on the bed, she always pulls the covers over her puppies. if the man has to leave the bed, he kind of drags the covers with him until he is off camera.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

That always makes me mad! Why the hell you gonna sleep with someone then be embarrased if they see your bits and pieces? Only way it works is if it was a result of heavy drinking and the girl realizes what she did.

On the SAME note....when two people are going at it hard core and the chick keeps her bra on! What is with that? Wouldnt fly in my bedroom for sure! :naughty

Movies that have "America" or "American" in their title...

That one really bugs the ^^^^ out of me.

Another one that gets to me is the generic cast lineup box art that makes up the majority of horror movies:

41a33sn56xlsl160aa115cu3.jpg
51fqb17h4hlsl160aa115uo3.jpg
512s6fbb8dlsl160aa115gh4.jpg

Twist Endings.
Specifically aimed at M. Night Shahmalaymalamalama (sp!?)
I like twist endings.. but M. Night bascially ran that concept into the ground using one for damn near every movie he made. It got old real fast.

Cop loses partner/family. Seeks revenge one-man-army style.
We've all seen it. And what's funny/lame is they're supposed to uphold the law, not go on personal vendetta killing sprees.

Nerd becomes cool through lying/magic formula/wishes/etc.
And they ALWAYS get busted out. Then intially the cool people who hated them, then liked them, hate them AGAIN only to eventually LOVE them. Again. Garbage.

Cop/Reporter goes undercover in Highschool
The funniest thing is, the reasoning is always "you look young enough to be a teenager. It'll work." Well yeah.. because every person in the film playing a "teenager" is the same age, late 20's early 30's!!!

Scary person turns out to be good/hero.
You know.. they're presented as shifty, or as evil. And in the end they help the kids get away from the lady from "Throw Mama From The Train" while screaming "Hey You GUUUUUUUUUYSSSS" in a pirate hat. "Baby Ruth?"

The dumpy best friend with the secret crush ends up with the guy/girl in the end.
Yeah.. because who cares that you've been obsessed with one girl all your life and you've FINALLY got her. F that. Now you can finally see who's really your true love: that plain jane you've been ignoring for the same amount of time. Yeah! No.

Sex scenes wear people wear clothes. I mean who the hell wears cloths while you doing it? I can understand it if your having a quicky in a public bathroom or something but not when you in the privacy of your own home and the only time limit is you (or sometimes her).

I also hate it in horror movies when the chick picks up a weapon and uses it to temporarily take down the killer then throws the weapon away right afterwords.

guns that never run out of ammunition.........especially pistols. :lol

Back