Ani-Com Scar sale prices dropping?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karatka

Super Freak
Reaction score
This may sound crazy, but it seems to me that the sale value of the Ani-Com Scar is dropping.

I have a very schizophrenic attitude to this piece – I had one, it was the first HT Pred I bought, but I wasn’t hugely impressed and I sold it soon after for about £120 and didn’t really get hooked until the AVP Ancients turned up. While it is a fairly mundane rehash of other parts, it’s now the only HT Pred I haven’t got, so every now and then I weaken and bid for one on Ebay out of blind completionism. I hold a vague hope that at some stage I can get one for a not completely insane price.

Anyway, the last couple I’ve followed through on open auction have ‘only’ ended at about £280 ($500) – which leads me to wonder, is the market weakening for these supremely rare pieces? Oddly, regular Scars seem to sell for more. Perhaps with the growing number of more recent (and IMO much better) bareheaded Predators, the uniqueness of the Ani-Com is reduced, and being further eroded by the number of people turning out their own, more film-accurate Scars based on the AVP Elder.

(And before anyone asks, I’m not trying to provoke panic-selling of Ani-Com Scars, welcome though that would be! I’m just very curious generally as to whether the value of an AVP figure has finally peaked.)

i found one for about $600 shipped back in May. if i didn't just buy the P2 Elder, P2 Battle Damaged, and Wolf within a 2 week period i would've bought him.

Interesting... I suspect the Ani-Com had probably become the most overvalued of the HT Preds. You can make a case that it's their weakest Predator (which is NOT the same thing as being a bad figure) - Chopper feet, a head that's clearly not Scar, hard-to-swap heads - technically it's not in the same league as the BD P2 or AVP-R Cleaner.

Really the big selling point has been rarity, and I guess as the line has expanded (and the much-hyped credit crunch hit some people) this has lost impact.

Most of the predators jumped way up after Wolf came out. It seemed HT was continuing the policy of making them very limited. Then the second wave came. then the cleaner came, then the exclusive cleaner came. I think most people feel the preds are going to be easy to come by at this point. Add a crappy world wide ecnomy and the prices start to fall. Face it, 500.00+ for a predator figure is a bit ridiculous. Same thing for HT Hicks. Dropping for it's onetime price of 600.00+ to being easily found in the 400.00 and under range. It's becoming a good time to buy.

As much as I love my hot toy predators, I think people are finally thinking. Hold on a minute its just a figure (i know to most of us its not just a figure)! Cool as it is I dont think it was ever worth what some people were bidding for it. I think also there are now alot more pieces that people want more than just the ani-com scar.

That is just nuts, I personally think youd have to be crazy to spend that much on just that when there are so many better things you could spend your money on.

As a total newb to this line, at first I was sucked in and was considering getting these older ones. But I've changed my mind since then. After putting together Wolf, my opinion changed once I realized these can break easily and I just can't justify paying that much for something that may break while handling/assembling. my price point is ~ $200 tops for any HT Pred figure; I'll save the $ to get new releases. Plus, I heard new releases are getting better and better as far as addressing issues older oones have had.

My $0.02.

As a total newb to this line, at first I was sucked in and was considering getting these older ones. But I've changed my mind since then. After putting together Wolf, my opinion changed once I realized these can break easily and I just can't justify paying that much for something that may break while handling/assembling. my price point is ~ $200 tops for any HT Pred figure; I'll save the $ to get new releases. Plus, I heard new releases are getting better and better as far as addressing issues older oones have had.

My $0.02.

i was once like you :lol but i got hit by the completionist bug now so im willing to shell out the G's.there is a max though

defn, i tried selling my ani com and it ended at 500 but it didnt hit the reserve, so i didnt let it go cause i paid an ass load for one myself and im not going to let it go for less than i payed for it. but the most i have ever seen it sell is over 1k, so thats a huge drop! :(

defn, i tried selling my ani com and it ended at 500 but it didnt hit the reserve, so i didnt let it go cause i paid an ass load for one myself and im not going to let it go for less than i payed for it. but the most i have ever seen it sell is over 1k, so thats a huge drop! :(

500.00 is a good price for it right now. You may regret that later.:eek:

setting a reserve price always drives away a small percentage of buyers..
i tried to help you out and reach your reserve.. :naughty
if i hadn't bid you would of only reached mid 400's

Whoever paid 1,000 for it is an idiot, sorry to say.

I don't know how much you paid for your's, but if 500 is less than you paid for it, good luck trying to make alot of profit on it. I hope you do for your sake, but......good luck!

This is one of the reasons I don't do reserve auctions! :lol

Whoever paid 1,000 for it is an idiot, sorry to say.

I don't know how much you paid for your's, but if 500 is less than you paid for it, good luck trying to make alot of profit on it. I hope you do for your sake, but......good luck!

i am only trying to break even on it, but im sure as hell not going to take a loss of 400 on it, and yes im a sucker for paying 900 shipped for it. :banghead
thats why i put the reserve.........

thx for yur help......but i will just keep it if i cant break even on it :rolleyes:

I wouldn't pay more than retail for any of these figures.

There couldn't be more thant $10 worth of plastic in any of these figures.

When I see these things go for $500+ crazy prices, I'm like :horror:horror

Back