ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kinda funny that we finally get a more stern faced Luke and it's on the version were he was the most "innocent" and fresh faced...
That stern expression would've been a lot better on Jedi or Bespin Luke IMO.

But the figure looks great.

It's kinda funny that we finally get a more stern faced Luke and it's on the version were he was the most "innocent" and fresh faced...

Not feeling that head sculpt at all. I hate the mouth. It may look better in hand, but based on the preview pics, the likeness looks way off to me. And the expression looks way to intense for ANH Luke. If old Ben was a 10, this thing looks to be about a 5 or 6. Ughhh. Easy pass for me.

Not feeling that head sculpt at all. I hate the mouth. It may look better in hand, but based on the preview pics, the likeness looks way off to me. And the expression looks way to intense for ANH Luke. If old Ben was a 10, this thing looks to be about a 5 or 6. Ughhh. Easy pass for me.

:thwak :thwak :thwak :thwak :thwak :thwak

I dig the overall look of this luke alot - the clothing is quite good. The likeness, as depicted in these pics is decent, but off - the eyes are where the look is thrown off....I'd give the likeness a 7.5, whereas Han ANH gets an 8.5 and Old Ben a 9.0 (to compare my tastes)

Woe...woe...will they never make a pretty Luke??? :monkey2

Count me as one more vote for the Luke sculpt that emphasizes the heroic, non-whiny aspects of the character.

Hey brother, there's several pics to sample. It's not like you're just looking at the preview thumbnail. I don't need the figure in hand to determine the nature of the expression.

I have owned all but 3 SS SW figures, and those I didn't own I've seen in person. And the bottom line is I have never received something and thought "Wow, this looks so much better than the proto!" I've seen pictures that OTHER people have taken that made the figure look worse than it did in person, but SS's proto pics are usually pretty good. In my opinion, the production version almost ALWAYS looks close to or worse than the proto. SS has given me no reason to assume otherwise, so if I don't like the proto, I don't order. That simple. And if by some slim chance the production version actually looks better, I can always pick it up on the secondary market. But that's a chance I'm willing to take.

For me, the likeness is the single most important thing. I can forgive some issues with the outfit, or even poseability problems with the body. But a bad likeness is a deal breaker for me.

Well all y'all that are griping about the headsculpt sucking can just step out of the way come PPO time. I have to get one for me and one for Josh and mfoga, so I can use the elbow room.

hey Marc, if I didn't have class I'd offer to order for one of the guys. As it is, soon as I get my order in I have to take off and hike to my class on the other end of campus :monkey4 Ugh, Fridays.

Whatever. I am getting one, I hope, so any criticisms are not applicable to my tastes. I think the figure is superb. Excellent headsculpt.
Can't wait to have one. Hope I get in.
Good luck to all that want one. :rock

I don't know if I agree with Luke being all that less serious in ANH. His only truly "happy moments" are when he destroys the DS and shoots down a few TIEs.

The rest of the time he's awfully serious.

Lol! I live in the UK and the PPO starts at 18:00 GMT for us over here. Its 17:15 at the moment and i'm being let out of work early but i'm not going cos i dont think i'll be able to get home in time for the PPO.

They all think i'm weird for voluntarily staying back late on a Friday night... especially when i'm being told to go home early :monkey3

Man. I'm a griper on a lot of stuff, but this figure looks absolutely perfect to me. Its hard to imagine not liking this figure. Head sculpt including expression looks like one of the best of the line so far for me.

Hope everyone likes this figure enough to pay $69.99(the actual retail price). The price is starting to get rediculous on these dolls. I'll stick with my Bespin Luke that looks better in my opinion anyway.

Hope everyone likes this figure enough to pay $69.99(the actual retail price). The price is starting to get rediculous on these dolls. I'll stick with my Bespin Luke that looks better in my opinion anyway.

I was expecting $70 so it's no shock to me. I think it's worth it in this case, unlike ANH Han's $65 tag. It was obvious they were dropping hints in the blog to brace us for this.

Back